“Dirty, smelly, understaffed”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Little Elm, Texas, USA
“Dirty, smelly, understaffed”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I hate to leave a bad review for anyone, but I would want to know before staying anywhere. The stench of serious body odor, onion, and filth will hit you when you enter the lobby, first floor hallway, and elevator. The staff was spraying some cheap spray to cover it up, which made it worse. The hotel looks really clean on the outside, but inside it is mediocre at best. I always bring clorox wipes to any hotel room, and it's a good thing I did, because our room was dusty. The bed had a ripped sheet, a wet stain, and hair all over it YUCK! I asked them to change my bedding. We came back 5 hours later, only to have the bed changed with the same ripped sheet and hair all over pillows. The indian owner and his friend were talking so loud in the dining room, they had no regard for us sitting in the lobby waiting for the room to be cleaned. We couldn't even hear the tv from their loud voices. The indoor pool was slimy with bugs floating in it. Breakfast was a major dissapointment. It was completely emptied, not restocked, and a bug was floating in the hard boiled egg water. I had a choice of two yogurts (that was all that was left) and I had to eat it with a fork, because there were no spoons. There didn't appear to be enough cleaning staff, and they left the laundry door open and I saw an out of order sign on one washer while the other was empty and not running. How and when were they washing the bedding and towels? We've stayed at many La Quinta Inns and have been very pleased! This was a major dissapointment and never ever ever again! We'll switch to Holiday Inn or something next time....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but decided this trip to try La Quinta. What a disappointment! Our bed, which was advertised to be pillow top, was not, and was too hard to sleep comfortably. Next morning, the breakfast room was extremely crowded and the food was scarce. We skipped the breakfast to go down the road to eat at a wonderful restaurant. Next visit, we'll stay at the Holiday Inn Express again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Glen Rose, Texas, USA
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Nice clean and big rooms, great price can't beat that and nice staff, really excellent pool my kids loved that , staff was so helpful , they gave us really quite room, there hot breakfast was good, clean lobby, my kids had really good time and they didn't want to go back

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

corpus christi
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

There was a mistake and they rented out our room with double beds so they upgraded us to a suite which was not impressive because we needed 2 beds and the suite had only one bed and a very uncomfortable hide-a-bed. But the hotel was nice and clean and really nice inside. It was a great location. I'll definitely book there again and hope there aren't any mistakes this time.

• Stayed March 2013
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Glen Rose? Share your experiences!