“Bed Bugs”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Glen Rose
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights. It appeared to be clean and well maintained. The staff members were friendly. The morning after the first night we noticed spots of blood on the sheets as if someone had a small cut. We thought they were old stains. We requested and were given new sheets. The next morning, our check out date, I noticed several new spots of blood on my daughters bed. We then took a closer look and found several large bed bugs and numerous tiny baby ones (we googled pictures to confirm this). We now believe the spots of blood were from us as the bed bugs fed at night. We informed the employee at the front counter by phone after we had left.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our family stayed @ the location in Glen Rose, TX for the 4th of July weekend. At first sight, the room was clean and everything looked as expected until we realized we were sharing the room with bed bugs!! They were crawling all over both beds. We went to the front desk to report and was moved to another room. They did not come and inspect the room or our belongings. Nor did they offer to laundry services to treat our clothes. A week later, I am typing this review in misery from you guessed it...bed bug bites! Apparently, they traveled back with us and have now made residence in my home!! I am beyond upset. I now have the extra expense of treating my home and also suffering with my body covered in bites.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I walked in there to go swimming after a hot day in the sun only find a film on the top of the water. Not only that the water look mucky and foggy! You can barely see the bottom of the pool! Bugs floating on the top and the bathroom had poop all over the floors and the toilet seat. I can not believe how disgusting it is. Living in Texas you need a pool to cool off!! I wouldn't let my dog swim in this pool.

Other than this the rooms are clean and the front desk employees are very friendly.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

It's clean and comfortable. They are pet friendly and I have mild cat allergies. I had to use a little extra medicine in our room. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was immaculate. The breakfast was ample and had a variety of selections. My husband is a smoker and is glad to smoke outside but a place for him would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Elevator is a bit slow.