“Great get-away”
Review of Country Woods Inn

Country Woods Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed in the adorable train car at the Coutry Woods Inn. My boys had a blast! One of their favorite memories was our "pet horses". The two horses on property loved to spend time with us when we were enjoying some outdoor time. Our hosts did a great job of having a clean and inviting space ready for us. We would highly recommend this destination for a relaxing, slow-paced get-away.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We were 3 generations and everyone had a great time!!
Animals and exploring, cooking out, walks along the river, sleeping cool and comfrotable in a "living museum" - fun for all!! Beautiful, relaxing, exceeded our expectations - we look forward to going again!

Room Tip: We rented the Prairie House - both wings - and glad we did to have 2 bathrooms and enjoy all the spa...
1  Thank DEBORAH C
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The last time we visited Country Woods Inn (2008), my oldest was 3 and I was pregnant w/ #2 and we had a blast. This time we have three kiddos (7, 3 1/2 & 21 mos.) and I cannot think of a better place to stay for a mini-cation. The kids loved walking around and visiting with, petting and feeding the animals. The play area is rustic - old school, but no less fun, especially the tire swing and lemonade stand. Radio Flyer wagons parked nearby and though marked for firewood, provided a great way to tote kids around. We stayed in the North Wing of the Prairie House as another guest did and, though, it was a bit tight, we were not uncomfortable. The two bedrooms were more space than the Saddlehouse, where we'd stayed previously, and were so carefully and thoughtfully decorated. The kids loved sliding down the little waterfall in the river, catching lightening bugs and breakfast in the barn. This place reminded me of stays at the Cataloochee Ranch in Maggie Valley, NC where my parents took my sister and I when we were children: making friends with other kids, eating together, going on long trail walks, picking wildflowers with my mom - all memories I treasure. And now, my husband and I get to make memories with our kids! I have recommended CWI to all my friends as a relaxing and delightful place to stay when visiting Glen Rose or Granbury.

Room Tip: Saddlehouse was great when we just had one little one - one room. With more children, Prairie House...
Reviewed 4 June 2012

stayed in the main house, loved it. Our party was large enough to take up the whole house so we had plety of room. The main table was awsome made of thick pine lumber and could seat everyone. Beds were very soft with fether comforters. plenty of little cuby holes of stuff and great games for the kids. I wish the breakfast was a little better. No meat or eggs offered.

Room Tip: stay in the main house if possible.
1  Thank chiefsrule4u
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We just returned from an extended weekend "kidcation" which is what we call our family vacations that are centered solely around the kids, all 4 of them (ages 15 months to 8 years). We've been to Glen Rose on several previous occasions but have never stayed for an entire weekend. We chose to stay at the Country Woods Inn because of its location and great reviews. When we called we specifically gave the number of children and the ages and we were given the "north" side of one of their houses. It was a 2 bed room with a small kitchen (just like the description read). When we arrived the premises were very clean, yard well kept and we were greeted by one of the horses. We came up to our cute weekend residence and walked in. After the initial shock of just how tight our quarters were, we made it our goal to ensure the kids had a great time. The cabin was a 2 bedroom that just did fit the full size bed with some walk room around them and the kitchen was the size of a small closet. We brought our pack n play and it fit beside the "master" bedroom bed. The cabin was very clean and surprisingly was well stocked with coffee, utensils, cooking essentials. Though the bathroom was small and I could not stand in tub to shower, it was very clean. Thank goodness the weather was perfect for outside time as we spent 80% of our weekend playing there. We only used the cabin for sleep. There were a lot of outdoor activities that we enjoyed including feeding the animals, tether ball, croquet, volleyball, tree swings, see-saw, kick ball, football, and a toddler play area. However, I was quite disappointed by how run-down all the games and play ground were. Nonetheless, we all had a good time and that was our goal. The staff were very courteous and checked on us from time to time. The breakfast on day one was poor but the waffles on day 2 made up for it. Access to the river was unbeatable, great proximity to the downtown (< 5 minute drive), and the best perk (from the kids' report) was being able to interact/feed the animals at any time (at no extra cost).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1947helen, Owner at Country Woods Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

All our cabins have 2 beds. We usually recommend getting an adjoining unit for families of 6 or more, but many families like to stay together and we certainly don't charge for extra people. Our apologies for not giving you a heads up on the size.Thank you for the playground alert, as we have replaced the tether balls and croquet mallets that were broken. Memorial Day was an unusually busy weekend this year!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I can't say enough good things about the CWI, My whole family loved it..The animals were so sweet. Helen was such a wonderful person and the whole staff was so great! I could go on and on. The cabin was breath taking, the river was so lovely. every thing about this place made me feel alive! I really can't wait to come back again! My friends from California are even flying in again next year because they loved it so much! Thank you Helen. This trip was perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We spent a couple of nights at Country Woods Inn during the week and were extremely surprised at the experience and fun involved! We had two small kids that absolutely loved being able to just run around and interact with the animals whenever they wanted. We hiked the trial, played in the river and just had a blast. Cooked out at night and had a campfire. What more could a family trip ask for. The actual accomodations were wonderful and very unique. Attention to detail was great. My husband and look forward to coming back on own to relax!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Nutt House Historic Hotel
Nutt House Historic Hotel
#7 of 13 in Granbury

Been to Country Woods Inn? Share your experiences!