“Continues to be great. ”
Review of Riverhouse Grill

Riverhouse Grill
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Twice a year a group of us take a golf trip to Glen Rose. We have eaten at just about every place there. This without a doubt is our # 1 choice. The food is always good, the staff is warm and glad to see you. The wine list is small but they do have some nice choices. If you're looking for a place to eat , you will be happy you chose Riverside.

1  Thank noblehousecatering
There are newer reviews for Riverhouse Grill

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A few weeks ago, my sister and I passed through Glen Rose, TX on our way to Hico. We decided to stop for lunch at the Riverhouse Grill. We we quickly seated and brought our iced teas. We were especially pleased to find lighter choices on the menu than one is usually able to get in small Texas towns. She chose the salmon and I chose the talapia. Both were extremely well-prepared and served with rice and sauteed vegetables. The ambiance of the Riverhouse Grill is pleasing and the service was prompt. Last Saturday night, we had occasion to drive past the Riverhouse again. The whole property seemed very inviting with many diners seated on the wide porches, ceiling fans turning and lights shining through the sparkling windows. On the whole the Riverhouse Grill is a pleasing, relaxing dining experience with very good food that is superior to the regular offerings of nearby restaurants. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank MJTX15
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have enjoyed the Riverhouse Grill experience many times and we continue to go back. it's such a lovely setting and excellent menu. Lunches and dinners are well crafted and well served. We enjoy the quiet setting, attentive service and a menu that changes periodically, but does not disappoint. Thank you for your consistency and your casual elegance.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Unusual menu for a small town. Good service. Nice atmosphere.
They have a Sunday brunch and their dinner menu is outstanding.
Its located right off the square so you don't have to drive very far if you are staying in Glen Rose.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Although the ambiance was nice the staff has a lot to learn to get this restaurant up to where their prices would be good value. I was dining early on a Saturday night and was seated right next to one of only three occupied tables. The waitress was friendly enough but timed her 'is everything all right' query perfectly with my forkful of food. Then just stood there expecting me to rush to respond. She wanted to get me another glass of wine before my current glass was even half empty and she clearly expressed her disapproval when I kept declining the extras like a $10 side salad or soup or desert. The $28 strip steak was grisly and overdone but quite tasty. Overall it was over priced and under niced. Not a good value in my opinion