“Lucky find.”
Review of Riverhouse Grill

Riverhouse Grill
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

I was just passing through one evening. We decided to give it a try. I was very impressed. The restaurant is quaint. Staff aren't silver service but I found them pleasant and attentive. No complaints. Some perspective.....I am a meat and potatoes kinda guy.....I'm traveling from Plano this weekend in the hope that they have the blue cheese wedge salad! I mean.....who travels that far for a salad?! It was that good!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We arrived in a party of 12 without reservations, so they seated us on the porch, which was a bit warm, but had overhead fans and worked quite well. The servers were some of the best we'd ever seen anywhere, really hustling and oh so helpful and friendly. They even brought glasses of ice so we could keep our water cold. The hostess was wonderful and very graciously and apologetically deleted the charge for a pork chop that was a bit overcooked. The rest of the food was great and served in large portions. Other guests kept arriving all evening, so reservations are highly advised.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

After traveling to Glen Rose to eat an anniversary meal at the Riverhouse Grill, I was completely unimpressed by the atmosphere, the service, and the prices compared to the actual quality of our food. The atmosphere felt like it should be a cheap little diner type of place. The furnishings and the quality of service and communication from the staff did not compare to the steep prices on the menu. Very little selection on the dinner menu and my food was no better than Pastafina in Stephenville. In fact, I think the quality of a cheaper meal at Pastafina would be better.

If you have the money to spend a lot on mediocre food, this is the place for you. But if you want your money's worth in food, service, and atmosphere, I would go somewhere else in the area like Loco Coyote.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is one of my go to places to celebrate special events such as anniversary. The food is very good.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Quaint, classy, great service and delightful food. What more can you ask for in a restaurant?

Closed on Monday and Tuesday, but open for lunch and dinner all other days of the week, the Riverhouse Grill features daily specials that will temp anyone's taste buds.

Private rooms are especially nice for groups, and can be reserved with 24 hour notice. Located one block south of Glen Rose's historic square, it's well worth the drive.