“Wonderful, honest to goodness Texas hospitality!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen Rose
Sunset Ridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 6 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, Texas
“Wonderful, honest to goodness Texas hospitality!”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My wife and I stayed there April 8-9, and couldn't have enjoyed it more. We had a great conversation with Fred and Vickie when we arrived, while we waited for the other couple we were meeting there to arrive. Fred and Vickie are very congenial, open, and friendly. If you order dinner to be served, you better be ready to eat some great home cooked meals. Vickie is a GREAT cook!

These folks are wonderful hosts, who have standards as to who can stay in THEIR bed and breakfast. If you want a very relaxed visit, with no drama, stay here! I know we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Busdriver320

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
laur0521
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I tried to book a room here for my wife and I (I'm also a woman), but the owner's refused to rent us a room because we are lesbians. When the owner asked for my "husband's" name, I simply said, "my wife's name is [insert wife's name]." After clarifiying that, yes, I said my "wife," he placed me on hold for a few minutes. When he came back, he stated, "l'm sorry, but we are Christians here, so I don't think we can rent you a room."

So, I'm sure the property is lovely, but if you stay here, you should be aware of the kind of people you are supporting.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank laur0521
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay at SunseRidge B&B! It was incredible! The room was unbelievable. Everthing was spotless! The bed was soooo comfortable. The shower and jacuzzi were just what we needed! It was wonderful! Fred and Vickie are gracious hosts and Vickie is a fabulous chef! We can't wait to visit again! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mhudson_11
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2011

My husband and I found Sunset Ridge B&B to be delightful. The location was great; close to Fort Worth. Our room was lovely. We especially liked the fireplace and jacuzzi tub and also the private patio. The breakfasts were delicious and the proprietors very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindyrojas75
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We felt so pampered at Sunset Ridge BnB that we stayed an extra night. We loved the place! The owners are warm and friendly and did every thing they could to make our stay unforgettable. This place is absolutely gorgeous - it is way above all the run of the mill bed and breakfasts. It is new, immaculate, decorated very nicely and the owners think of every detail. The food was great, the views were amazing and the hosts were so nice to us. We could not have been happier when we left.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Thomas49022
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My entire family met up at Sunset Ridge to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary. We had such a wonderful time! Fred and Vickie are such gracious hosts - they were so warm and friendly and made us feel right at home. The place is absolutely spectacular, with breathtaking views and big windows throughout the place. Vickie is a great cook, the food was so good there that we asked for a couple of her recipes! We were just taken aback by the service we received and what a beautiful place this was.

I would highly recommend the place to anyone looking for a special bed and breakfast to enjoy!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank LindaJ35
Forney, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We always meet our elderly parents at a luxury bed and breakfast for Christmas...it's their gift to us instead of "stuff". This beautiful place appeared to be perfect at first...but appearances are deceiving. Despite fabulous food and spectacularly clean rooms, the experience was a nightmare. The owners fought and cursed loudly enough for us to hear them on multiple occasions. They refused to turn the heat on in the common room used for dining, the only TV on the property was not working, and the kitchen was STRICTLY off limits, so if you wanted ice or coffee later in the evening...forget it. If we wanted to be together as a family and be warm, we had to huddle together in one room, and the rooms are not designed for multiple adults! It's a shame, because the property itself is an absolute jewel. We'll be going somewhere else next year.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank ccmcbeth
SunsetRidgeBnB, Owner at Sunset Ridge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Gosh, I really wish you would of said something when you were here! I am so sorry your stay was not as you expected. We pride ourselves in our customer service and we do everything we can to accommodate our guests. I am not sure about the disturbance. My wife left for Dallas after breakfast and was gone until almost midnight. We did have other guests in bedroom 4 at the time. As far as the heat, there are thermostats on the wall and remote controls for the fireplaces in each room as well as the common area. There is certainly no need to be cold! Our main television did go out 2 days before Christmas, although we did offer to put an HD monitor/DVD player in any of the rooms at your request. We would have been more than happy to get you any coffee or drinks that you needed. We are always here to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We make sure that there is always at least one person on the property at all times for our guests and also provide a cell phone number so that they can call us at anytime just in case they cannot find us. Again, so sorry about your stay. We sure wish you would try us again!