“Best meal I have EVER had”
Review of Inn on the River

Inn on the River
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inn on the River is a Bed and Breakfast, but also has fine dining on Friday and Saturday nights and general public is welcome in their dining room. BYOB, no corkage.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate here for our anniversary. I cannot say enough about the food and service. It was by far, the best meal I have had in a long time. It was the perfect place to celebrate. Hats off to the chef!!!

1  Thank CinDen2
Shirley R, Owner at Inn on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!...We look forward to you joining us in the future and we will pass along your compliments to Chef Lupe!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Dinner was outstanding. Breakfast chef even made gluten free blueberry muffins and gluten free waffles. Even made me a handmade peach sauce without the flour.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you want a special place to go with superb food, impeccable service, and unmatched scenery, this is your place. We have been there many times, and we have yet to have a bad meal, or even a part of a bad meal. In fact, since it is expensive for us, we only go on special occasions. We do not live in the area, so it is a little jaunt for us. I would suggest that you get the most from your trip if you go when the days are long enough to enjoy the view of the live oaks. There are many restaurants where you could spend as much or more, but I can pretty much guarantee that they cannot match or exceed this one.
Reservations are necessary, and you make your food choices in advance. It is our "go to" place. We have never stayed in the Inn; we just go for dinner.
If I had to search for a suggestion, it might be that the dessert menu could be more varied from month to month. But as I have said, it is all wonderful. I do not think it is a place for very small children, as the atmosphere is quiet.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

When I suggest a B&B to my husband, he asks, "Is it like that one by the river with the big tree?" If it is, he wants to go. If it's not, I have some convincing to do. Comfort and relaxation are the two words that come to mind when I think of this place. We really enjoyed just being at the inn and didn't explore too much around the city. It's so peaceful sitting out in the Adirondack chairs by the river, watching the tubers come by. There is a huge tree that provides shade. The gardens are lovely. The pool is nice. The rooms are darling and comfortable. I know I've already mentioned comfortable, but they are - and quite attractive. They have all the modern conveniences, but manage to make you feel like the good old days. We both loved this place.

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Bottom line you will not have a better meal with better service and more ambiance than this restaurant..A beautiful Old Country Inn...with exquisite old style feeling..Stay and enjoy the complete painting ..Bring your own wine..with no corking fee..Bon Appetite and Sweet Dreams!!!