“Great stop with the best peach cobbler I've ever had”
Review of Storiebook Cafe

Storiebook Cafe
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We stayed in Glen Rose to do some hiking and visit Fossil Rim. We stopped in here because we were all very hot and wanted something cold, i.e. salads/sandwiches. All my children had a salad, my husband and I both had chicken salad sandwiches. The waitress was friendly and prompt and the food was delicious. I had the peach cobbler for dessert and seriously...I could have eaten five more. It was without a doubt the best peach cobbler I have EVER had. Ever.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

My daughter and I drove to Glen Rose recently just to have lunch at the Storiebook Café and to visit Dinosaur World. We found the little restaurant to be quite charming and packed with customers. We stood at the front waiting for a long time until a server in the back thought to tell us to choose a place to sit (no sign directed us). We sat for a long time before someone came with menus, and eventually, drinks. We noticed the service was extremely slow for everyone, although they seemed to have enough workers on hand. We ordered and 1/2 sandwich and the soup of the day, which was tomato basil. The sandwiches were good, but the soup was awful. It tasted like tomato paste seasoned with way too much salt. I suspect it was canned; if not, the cook should be fired for using such a terrible recipe. I hate to give such a cute place a bad review, but we had planned our day carefully and this was supposed to be one of the highlights. The slow service cut into the time we had allotted elsewhere, and the soup left a bad taste in our mouths, literally and figuratively. I hope this was just an off day, because the adorable bookcases around the windows, and the outside seating we could see from our inside table, make for a sweet spot to enjoy a special lunch. Hopefully, they will remember their customers may only have one chance to try them - and keep in mind that that was hard earned money paying for a lackluster experience.

2  Thank saffy214
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

I would recommend coming here with the ladies while out for a day of shopping and fun. Good pie if everyone wants to enjoy a treat. The food is good, but nothing to write home about. Be sure you are not on a tight schedule as it is not food served fast.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

I have never had buttermilk pie before this visit. oh my I am in love. quaint little bookstore that serves great deli lunches but the pies are amazing, we even got a pir to go

1  Thank debbutterflys
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the best food. Fresh, lots of variety. Fantastic salads, sandwiches and wraps. Peach tea is awesome. And the dessert menu is good too. Very clean. Very friendly waitresses.

2  Thank tiashol