“Around the Glen”

Glen Rose Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had been riding in the heat all day and arrived in Glen Rose and promptly spotted this motel up on a hill, next to the highway. I was not disappointed. The rates were good and the room was clean. The clerk was very cordial and directed me to a nearby café, which turned out to be a good choice, and was within walking distance.

Room Tip: The Big Cup restaurant next door was within walking distance, so no additional looking for a place t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BobShelton

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family booked this room for the weekend. Hoping to save a little money we went online to book. The pics online were not too bad so we said let's do it. We checked into the room and the first room we had was terrible. Smelt like musky rotten animal. I could not figure it out. I looked in the trash and there was moldy lunch meat. The tub and toilet were disgusting and the bed was like a rock. To top it off I paid for 2 queens they gave us two fulls. Next morning they give us a new room and we think finally this one will be nicer. WRONG!!! 2 of the lights didn't work, the room was so stuffy, the air conditioner smelled terrible, NO HOT WATER, the microwave didn't work and to top it off I have flea bites everywhere and I'm allergic. I complained to the office and they were very rude and practically called me a liar and said nothing they can do. I am very disappointed with this hotel and will sleep in my car before ever staying there again. Waste of money.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Perryclan03
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We booked this little hotel based on the pictures and claims it was simple, yet neat and clean. It is infested with ants and fleas. My room didn't have hot water AT ALL. We found a trash bin full of trash under the beds. The front office is unwilling to help in any matter, and they are very rude. They also will not refund your money to go to another hotel to get away from their filth. Don't save the money, it isn't worth it you will be out the $60 a night plus the cost of the new room... So not worth it!!

Room Tip: Chose anything other then this place!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GFX6
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were looking for somewhere cheap to stay in Glen Rose that had a pool. I didnt expect too much for $60 a nite but it was ok. The room was in good repair and clean, tons of channels on tv but the bed was hard and the pillows a little small. the breakfast was very, very limited. The pool was nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dwill11
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The motel is an older motel but it is in a great location. This motel doesn't have luxury but it was perfect for what I needed it for. The staff were quick to help with any problems we had. The only negative thing I would say is the breakfast and coffee sucked. But they have a pool that is open all night and they close to the attractions that your mainly going to anyway. I know the next time I go to Glen Rose again I will be staying here agin.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Trlindley
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I picked this based on the price and reviews (hadn’t seen the most recent one then) on Trip Advisor and on Expedia. To put what follows into context - I am not a very fussy person and for a short stay I find an average Motel 6 acceptable.
This is quite a big motel. It is located on two corners of a crossroads and I think there are 5 or 6 buildings with rooms in. There seemed to be enough car parking. There is a restaurant next to one car park which did a decent breakfast.
I knew this was going to be an older style motel and that the furnishings and fittings would be dated. Even so, I was disappointed with my room. On the plus side the room was spacious, there was a fridge and a microwave, the heating/cooling unit was effective and I really liked the shower which delivered loads of hot water. The pool area looked nice.
The sheets were clean and I found the bed ok – I slept pretty well.
The 2 people I met in the office were both helpful; I observed one of them really go out of her way to help a guest who was having vehicle problems.
There were several entries in the minus column. There were some wires sticking out of the wall which I think were probably meant to be attached to a smoke detector. One of the electrical outlets was missing the cover plate. The basin had lost several patches of enamel which had been painted over but the paint was coming off. The paint was peeling off the back of the bathroom door. There was a brownish stain of unknown origin on the lampshade by the bed – maybe it was chocolate ice cream. There were 2 remote controls presumably for the tv – one looked new but the other one looked old and very dirty (given that even your average remote is supposed to have more germs than a toilet bowl I decided to keep way). I had a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast one morning but it wasn’t very nice eating in the Reception area.
My reservation was for 2 nights. I was on a pre-paid rate through Expedia and it was too late to cancel the second night and get my money back by the time I arrived. So I decided it wasn’t so bad I couldn’t stick it out and concentrate on enjoying the shower and sleeping. All in all though it was a disappointment and I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Look at your room before you pay - some might be ok.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank mumontour08
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel is a very good value in Glen Rose, with moderately priced rooms, and a convenient location.It is not fancy - the furnishings are older, there is no coffee maker or iron. The 'continental breakfast' is not worth the walk. The tub had frightening stains, and a loosely attached antiskid mat that is an accident waiting to happen - you'll be glad you brought your shower shoes. The rest of the room and bedding was clean, the fridge and microwave were a real plus, and it was nice to have a usable table and chairs. The restaurant in the parking lot (The Big Cup) was excellent, and made the whole stay more pleasant.

Room Tip: The stairs to the upstairs rooms have no lights at all, so a ground floor room may be better if you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo