Best Western Dinosaur Valley Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsdinosaur valleyfree popcornbest westernshot tubexpo centerkoi pondbig poolwafflesregular poolgreat pool areavery nice hotelrocking chairsclean roomsgreat place to staystate parkdog showmy son
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I scheduled a 2 bed/2 bath suite with 1 king and 1 queen. I didn't get the room I ordered. It was given to someone else despite the fact I called repeatedly telling them I would be a late check in (someone indicated that note in the computer and told me they wouldn't since I reserved with a credit card). The clerk couldn't check me out because they had given my room to someone else and her name was on my room. The room was dirty, the bathrub unclean and the toilet didn't work, and no meat choice or plates available at breakfast. I was disappointed in the experience, and felt like the clerk could have made some attempt to compensate for what happened. She was not professional...said a "king bed is larger" and "I got a suite" as if I didn't know I ordered a suite and know that a king bed is larger. There is a reason why people order the rooms they order. She felt like I should be happy because I got a AAA discount. DUH!!! This is not my first travel experience and I book rooms all the time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DinoValley, General Manager at Best Western Dinosaur Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay with us. You also contacted Best Western customer care through a survey. In response to your survey, I asked that we are looking in to the matter and will get back to you with our findings and that you give us reasonable time to do that. I expected professionalism from you to wait for our response before posting such reviews online. We looked in to the issues that you said you had while you stayed at our hotel. Your room type was changed from a king to queen and we apologize for that regardless of the reason that it was changed for. All of our rooms are inspected every time they are cleaned before they are released for reservations and so was this one. We do not check our guests in a dirty room. We checked the toilet as soon as we received your survey and it worked perfectly normal. Our staff is very professional and take pride in our level of customer service and we are an award winning hotel for that. So, while we apologize for the room type change, we do not appreciate the incorrectness of the other alleged issues. Have a good day.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great customer service from the initial phone call to inquire about availability all the way thru our check out process.
Very nice room, totally unexpected extras in the suite.
This will be my new "go to" hotel when I am in the area.
I can't even imagine how this hotel is rated anything less than first place and AAA for Glen Rose.
I am already anticipating my next visit to this hotel, I want to bring all my friends to show them what " treasure" I found in Glen Rose, Tx

Room Tip: I can't imagine this hotel having a "bad" room, but I can attest to the fact that suite 302 was AWESOME
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We appreciate the praises and are gratified to hear that our continuous efforts to strive for the best in quality and customer care is being acknowledged by our guests. We hope to have you with us during your next trip to Glen Rose area.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's a excellent hotel. It's very easy to find and close to the restaurants, marina and the aircraft carrier USS Lexington. There is a wide and unique variety of food for breakfast, with beautiful views of the breathtaking ocean. The staff were very friendly and helpful.I will deffinetly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nice motel, but could use some improvements in maintenance -burned out light bulbs not replaced, lobby restroom never cleaned the 4 days we were there. However, room was clean. Bed was a little lumpy and hard, but acceptable. Overall I would stay there again. A nice place to stay in Glen Rose.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DinoValley, General Manager at Best Western Dinosaur Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sorry to hear that our service was not up to our standard and we promise that that is not a reflection of out standards. We have taken a note of the points in your review and will use that to improve upon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent customer service with very clean rooms. Everything was found to be in order and meet all our needs and expectations. The breakfast contained a nice assortment of different foods. Will definitely come back and stay at this location again when visiting the area.

Dear James

Thank you for sharing your good experience at our hotel. We strive to maintain the high standards of our award winning hotel and when we hear about a stay like yours, its truly a gratifying for our staff. Thank you for your business and we hope to have you with us in the near future.