“September through October evenings, this is the place to be”

The Promise in Glen Rose
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: The Promise begins on the banks of the Paluxy River in historic Glen Rose, Texas. In the opening scene, a grandfather and his grandchildren, Billy and Lisa, explore the woods and riverbed in search of the dinosaur tracks that have made Somervell County a popular destination for visitors. As the sun sets, they stumble across an old campsite that reminds Grandpa of a story his own grandfather used to tell him in the same spot--the one about the Promise sent by God.As Grandpa begins to sing about the Promised One, the three find themselves among the Old Testament prophets who foretold the coming of Jesus. Immediately, Grandpa, Billy, and Lisa are swept up in the events of Jesus' birth, baptism, temptation, and ministry.Based on Scripture and incorporating the music of award-winning contemporary Christian artists, The Promise brings a modern touch to the most amazing story ever told. Audiences experience a smiling, approachable Jesus who reaches out to people and changes lives. With its sweeping musical score, live animals, and a cast and crew of more than 150 dedicated Christian artists, The Promise is truly the experience of a lifetime.The Promise is performed annually at Texas Amphitheatre--the largest permanent outdoor theatre in the state. With its Greco-Roman design and 3,200 seating capacity, this state-of-the-art facility is unexpectedly intimate, making it the perfect place to experience The Promise.Many features of the Texas Amphitheatre help communicate the story in a modern way--a water-filled moat, rain curtain, lighting truss with 600+ instruments, digital sound system, and more. Audiences truly have an extraordinary experience at The Promise in Glen Rose, Texas.The story of Jesus is timeless. But the season is not. The Promise will be performed Friday and Saturday evenings annually during the months of April & May, and September & October.
Reviewed 7 November 2012

You can't get much better than this! The production is fabulaous, the talent level is amazing and the entertainment value for the dollar can't be beat.

If you're coming to Glen Rose, this is a MUST SEE! I can't tell you of a better family adventure, regardless of age.

Be certain to get the best seats available online before you come down; the good ones disappear quick.

2  Thank lnr3
ThePromiseGlenRose, Manager at The Promise in Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you so much for coming to see The Promise, and taking the time to share your experience with others! We are so blessed to have patrons like you! We look forward to seeing you again in the fall to celebrate 25 years of The Promise!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband, granddaughter (4), and I went to the Season Finale on Saturday night. Our church had performed "The Promise" many years ago, so I knew the songs, music etc. I have wanted to see this performance in Glen Rose for many years. The tickets were a birthday present to me from myself. What an incredible, amazing, powerful performance. I cried from the beginning to the end. The most moving part for me is when the song "Arise" begins. I love that song and just absolutely want to shout everytime I here it. Jesus stepping forth as the angel sings Arise is a moment that I will treasure forever. Our granddaughter loved it. It was so cold outside, but our hearts were warm and full of the love of God. Thank you for a wonderful, moving, spirit rewnewing for all us. Cindy Dorman - Fort Worth, TX

3  Thank Cindy D

Thank you so much for spending your birthday with us at The Promise, and taking the time to share your experience with others! We are so blessed to have patrons like you! We look forward to seeing you again in the fall to celebrate 25 years of The Promise!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We were here about 20 years ago. The Promise is still a wonderfully done performance of Christ's life. Next year will be the 25th year of production. Would put on par with the Passion Play in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

2  Thank Walter H

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Very powerful! A must see!! They did a great job. Good for the entire family or a group! Great value for the money and worth a return visit!

2  Thank MavMin
ThePromiseGlenRose, Manager at The Promise in Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you so much for making The Promise part of your plans, and for your lovely review! We look forward to seeing you again for our 25th performance season in 2013! Blessings!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I take new people with me every year who have never seen it. They do a great job!!!!!!!! All my friends have come away with deeper appreciation and insight.

2  Thank amb0293
ThePromiseGlenRose, Manager at The Promise in Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you so much for making The Promise part of your yearly plans, and for your lovely review! We look forward to seeing you again for our 25th performance season in 2013! Blessings!