“Ribs are the best”

The Ranch House Bar B Que
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Glen Rose, Texas
“Ribs are the best”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When we are hungry for great ribs this is where we go. The grilled steaks are also excellent. Every time we order the steaks we wonder why we have waited so long. I do agree with others that the plastic ware is off-putting.

• Visited February 2014

Gatesville, Texas
“Hit and miss...”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I travel thru Glenrose often so I have eaten at all three BBQ places. This one ranks at the bottom. Not necessarily bad but severely outclassed by Loco Coyote and Hammonds. I have had ribs twice and both times they were very tough(flavor was good). Brisket is best choice of the BBQ. I now only get the Mesquite steak but it is a bit pricey for what you get. Steak flavor is great but the cuts tend to be a bit tough also. Beans tasted like canned beans but the chipotle potatoe salad was quite good. Rocky(owner) is very nice but does not seem to oversee the final product very well.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ghostrider1964
Humble, Texas
“dinner”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Average taste, disliked plastic plates, plastic ware, stryofoam cups, FLIES...no debit or credits cards accepted...BUT, very friendly waitstaff

Visited June 2013
1 Thank wannago2HumbleTX
“Missing a few things”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Our chopped beef sandwiches were good, but the fries were extremely greasy and limp. Skip them.

The service was very friendly.

The place looks down on its luck - the cash register is duct-taped, they don't accept credit cards and their phone wasn't working. If it's nearby and you don't want to go far, it's adequate.

Visited June 2013
DentonTxDoc, Owner at The Ranch House Bar B Que, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
In response to your recent review about The Ranch House BBQ we were down on our luck when you visited as anyone in our position would be.We had just been broken into in the middle of the night by some hooded men caught on video who not only stole money from us but they trashed our register with a crow bar { reason for duct tape } so we could at least use the register until I got the new one and they also ripped out our card terminal and phone line at the same time { no cards or phone } .I have owned and operated this restaurant since I opened it with my wife and two boys over 18 years ago and we are the only BBQ place in Glen Rose as well as the only one for at least 75 miles around to have been voted as one of the Best in Texas { Twice } by Texas Monthly Magazine along with many other numerous awards over the years.We are also the longest running continually owned BBQ place in the Glen Rose area.Sorry about your experience but this is why we were "DOWN ON OUR LUCK" at the time of your visit. Thank You and have a nice day !
Missouri City, Texas, United States
“Glad I stopped”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Liked the BBQ, loved the Onion rings, and the banana pudding was OK. Atmosphere very casual. A little odd - mostly served at your table, but get & refill your own drinks. Worked for me though. Was happy with my choice to stop here.

Oh, Cash only.