“A Must Stay. Thank You Ms. Kaitlyn S!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Gonzales
San Antonio, Texas
“A Must Stay. Thank You Ms. Kaitlyn S!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I arrived late after booking thru hotwire. Unfortunately hotwire botched the reservation and I was arriving with my relatives (4) after a long day in the oilfield. They came to visit all the way from Atlanta, ga and the 14 hour trip had taken on a toll on everybody. Fortunately we were met with the warmest of smiles as Kaitlyn S. manned the desk. She not only found us a room but made sure nobody knew hotwire ever made a mistake. She was quick, sharp, and extremely well put together despite a long night shift. The desk was not cluttered and the lobby was spotless despite being an oilfield town. Overall an immaculate stay and would highly recommend. Top service in all of my years of travel.

LNK

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We value your opinion and like to hear were we can improve. We pride ourselves on our persistence in keeping the hotel clean. We hope you will join us again on your next visit to Gonzales, Texas!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites while attending a family reunion over the weekend. This hotel is new and a nice place to stay. Very clean and the room was spacious. Hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. Free Wi-fi. I will stay here again if the need arises. The hotel is about 3 miles from the town square and about four miles north of Independence Park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to the Gonzales area! We are very happy your stay was satisfactory. Gonzales is a small rural town, but we have so much to offer those with the time to experience the history and the beautiful countryside. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We would greatly appreciate you recommending us to friends and family. Please allow us to accommodate you and yours on future visits to Gonzales, Texas!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Gonzales while on business for 29 consecutive nights in May and June 2014.

After travelling half way around the world on 4 flights over 36 hours, I turned up exhausted at the hotel at 11:30pm on a Friday night without a booking. Surprisingly, this wasn't a problem and I was swiftly checked into a king suite within minutes.

Because I hadn't planned my stay in advance, I didn't realize that the hotel was fully booked in the following days. Luckily it was all resolved by the front desk and I had to temporarily move to room 219 before moving back to 307. I can recommend both rooms as being quiet, comfortable and clean.

I believe the hotel itself was recently built as everything seemed clean and modern. The pool was a nice feature during the 95 degree heat. The gym was basic but always quiet and cool. The breakfast wasn't particularly special but it was fully stocked and filling. It didn't strike me as being particularly different from most Holiday Inn Express' I've stayed at but the customer service is what stood out to me during my stay.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful even though I probably wasn't the easiest guest to deal with. A few times I asked for opinions on local restaurants (mainly fast food in this area) and bars; all the recommendations were great. I also had a large quantity of work-related and personal parcels delivered to the hotel address - I'm very thankful to the staff for signing for these while I was away working. I had to constantly change my booking details and extend my check out date but this was never a problem. The staff were also friendly on a personal level and I enjoyed many conversations with them.

I'm finding it really hard to think of any negatives to express. I did have a minor problem with the itemized billing due to the way I submit my business expenses but the staff were quick to help me. I can imagine that parking before 6am and after 6pm could potentially be a problem for some due to all the oilfield pickup trucks. I have seen some reviews below criticizing the price, but having worked in various oilfield areas I would say the rate was very reasonable.

While I was still there, I recommended this hotel to a colleague and he had a similar opinion to mine. If I was ever in the area again, I would definitely stay at this hotel. Thanks again to all the staff for being so accommodating.

Room Tip: Better views from rooms at the front of the hotel. Rooms 219 & 307 were quiet, comfortable and c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear ScotlandAbroad,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Holiday Inn Express’ diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service.
Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

Kind Regards,
Alison Rodriguez
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I reserved four (4) rooms for the weekend for a wedding. When I checked in, I got all key cards. I got to our room and it smelled moldy, but I didn't see anything. The AC wasn't even on (even though it was in the 90's outside and I'd reserved these rooms a month prior!).

When the next guest went to their room, not only did it smell of mold, the ceiling was covered with mold. I'm talking the mold was growing DOWN and was textured. When they called on it, the manager tried to tell them that there wasn't mold, but the rooms were just musty from not being used often. Turn the AC down and that'll fix it. After much fighting with the manager and letting them know they had a toddler, the manager finally agreed to send maintenance down to fix the issue + move them to another room.

At this point, I went and checked the other two rooms + turned down the AC. All of them smelled of mold, but there wasn't any visible.

Once everyone got there, each room went to the front desk to change out the card on file to their own card. We were told there wouldn't be a problem and that my card wouldn't be charged for any rooms. That turned out not to be true.

We stayed one night, the other rooms stayed 2. When we woke up in the morning, I had a folio for someone else, completely, showing charges upward of $1500. When I saw the amount, I nearly died. That's when I realized it wasn't for my room. I go to check on everyone else, and one of them got a checkout notification, even though they were staying another night. I called the front desk and they had the rooms all messed up, showing 2 rooms staying 2 nights and 2 rooms staying 1 night. The 1-nighter wasn't even listed as 1-night! So then I had to hassle with them to get that fixed.

Today, I check my credit card statement and I got charged for ALL rooms + an extra night that I couldn't even figure out! When I call to get it fixed, I find out that all the rooms had the respective cards on them, they just "forgot" to charge the right card. But she also said there was a big note @ the top of each folio showing the correct card to charge. They just didn't pay attention. I get them to reverse the charges + bill to the respective rooms. Then I find out that I got charged for a room that wasn't even a part of our block!

When they email me a reversal receipt for all the rooms, I see that they reversed all the rooms as it should have been and charged someone else in the party for the rogue room. I called them back and they said that someone had to pay for the room. At this point, I'm done and have told everyone they can fix anything that's wrong on their credit card. Not sure how it's our responsibility to pay for someone else's room because they didn't get the right information, but that's what they're telling us.

Don't stay here. The quality was horrible, they can't figure out how to bill correctly (even though they've repeated the billing back to us repeatedly) and they'll charge you for a room you don't even stay in! RIDICULOUS!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marie S
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Marie S,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and yours. I apologize for the billing and room issues you experienced during your stay with us. Our building is brand new and I can assure you we do not have mold. I do apologize for the damp smell due to the high humidity in the area. We are working with an engineer to correct this.
We make sure all our rooms have A/C's continuously on. I was the manager your party spoke with regarding a color on the ceiling above the bed. I moved your party's room immediately; there was no "fighting with the manager."I personally looked into the ceiling issue and painted the spots, which were soda water syrup.
The billing issues were a bit confusing considering all four rooms had the same information and each guest had different payment requests. We did our best with adhering to all the different requests. I hope you understand how a mistake could have been made with those circumstances. However, we worked diligently with you and yours to correct all rooms bills as soon as you brought the mistake to our attention.
I hope we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Thank you again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Gonzales. The hotel is new, very clean, and the staff was friendly. It is not far from the historical sites, if you are in town to see those. I would recommend this hotel to travelers and visitors.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear KC_Texas2014:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know, that will be passing your review to our staff.
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to have you as our guest in the future.
Franklin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I am temporarily working in Gonzales and have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express several times. The staff is very nice and helpful and my room was very comfortable and clean. I will continue to stay at this hotel while in town on business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cynthia J
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for the opportunity to accommodate you and yours! We are so glad to hear how pleased you are with our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!
Gonzales, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I walked in off the road after a long day at work dealing with F1 check in's at my own hotel in Austin. I had been up since 5am that morning and by the end of my work day I had to go home pay bills pack and make last minuet arrangements. Needless to say I was already exhausted but I wanted to get home to Hallettsville to see my mother. After getting on the road I found that I could no longer keep my eye's open by the time I reached Gonzales. I saw this new property here in Gonzalez and remembered I had a employee discount card and stopped in and the Auditor Caitlin was at the desk and was most kind and generous as she checked me in. I was most grateful because I knew if I had travel any further I was prone to have an accident. She gave me a King Bed and made me feel so welcome. I went to the room and saw the decorum was very nice but I was so tired I went straight to bed. Got up this morning and went down to meet a wonderful and lobby attendant in the breakfast area that took strong pride in making sure the breakfast was great and the area was clean and presenting. All I could say is Wow. Can I work here. My hat off to the management staff here because the excellent customer service is reflected in the staff that have been trained here. The entire team was just wonderful.

Room Tip: Quiet Rm 321.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for the opportunity to accommodate you! We were blown away by your very thoughtful and well written review. We are grateful for being recognized for our service. We strive to provide the best for all of our cherished guests. I will be showing you review to all our staff and our owners . Glad Katelynn could save a life of a man, a father and a Pastor! Hope to see you again soon!