“Bad.”
Review of The Cliffs Resort

The Cliffs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Graford
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Premium rates for motel 6 service. Boatng is a joke. Rooms are sad. Place could be great but year after year unprofessional employees, BAD managment and no investment into property. NOT a resort, do yourself a favor and sleep in your car.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank azito

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Spent a weekend here recently for a business meeting. The people at check in were professional, if not friendly. Building 1 had an unpleasant smell in the hallways, the other buildings did not. Rooms were nice, quiet, well appointed, with a very comfortable bed. The AC was very loud but cooled well. Be sure to check the plugs before you try to charge your cell phone; mine didn't charge overnight because the plug wasn't working. Be sure to ask for a room with a lake view, it was great. Nice to sit on the patio at night looking at the lake. The food at the restaurant was ok, but again, not great. The staff was friendly. They have a nice gym with a wide variety of equipment. My wife got a massage at the spa and she said it was great. The facial was just ok. I didn't play golf this trip but the course looked nice. The conference center was adequate and worked fine for our meeting.
This is a decent place for a quick getaway, only a short drive from DFW (about 1.5 hr drive). Overall, our stay was better than average but not quite very good. Say three and a half stars.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cng8r
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family and I stayed at this location over memorial day weekend May 2012. When we arrived at the security gate we were given a long list of does and dont's with your boat and or your boat trailer. Security did not be conserned about anything else such as warning of golf carts on the roads or pedestians on the roads just that you couldn't park your boat or your trailer in any parking lot. Then it proceeds to go down hill from there When you go launch your boat at the marina you have to take your vehicle and boat trailer to a grass/dirt unsecure parking are that is 1.9 miles away drop your trailer and drive the 1.9 mile trip back to the marina. Know there are about 8 to 10 courtesy slips that hold two boats which are normally full of personal water crafts. I tried to rent a covered slip from the marina for the weekend and they were charging $250.00 for the weekend. Most marina's charge about $20.00 per night. So then when you are thru enjoying this wonderful lake for the evening if all the courtesy slips are taken up you have to get in your vehicle and take the nearly 3 mile round trip to get your trailer and put your boat on it and then 1.9 more miles back to store the boat. Now to the The Cliff Inn and Villas the A/C's dont cool at all. The TV's are left over from the late 80's and 90's which is not a big deal on the rooms just that you are paying 5 star rates and getting 2 star motor lodge and a major hassel to go boating. There are better places than here to stay if you are a boater.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Lance G
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We are extremely unhappy! When I booked the reservation I specifically asked if there was a place for us to park our trailer and boat. I was told that I had 3 options.One, first come first serve at the slips, second, at the temporary storage andthree, if all were full and the Inn parking lot was not crowded we could leave it there.

We arrived late Friday night. Parked the boat in the Inn parking lot, checked in and went to bed. The next morning (Saturday) I noticed all the signs that said no boat and trailer parking anytime. I did not see these signs when we came in due to the lack of lighting on the property nor did I think to look because I was told by the front desk that it would be fine.That Saturday morning my Husband and I ate breakfast at the Restaurant next door then loaded the boat in water. Of course we were surprised again when we found out we had to un-hook and leave our trailer in an un-secured temporary storage and RV Park a couple of miles away from the boat ramp that was completely packed and had no room left. My husband had to un-hook and leave our trailer outside of the temporary storage. When coming back off of the Lake we parked our boat in the same exact spot that we had when we first arrived to the Inn. The slips were full and the temporary storage was full with trailers and boats parked outside so we did what we were told we could do. My Husband and our friend Chris who is a Police Officer went to the front desk and told them that we were back and that everything was full so we parked our rig in the same spot. They were told that the “New Girl” was still in training and that was against policy, however it would be ok since everything else was full and we were told different at registration. About 45 minutes after my Husband and Chris returned from getting an ok from the front desk, I received a call to the room from the front Desk.The lady was very rude and un-professional. She said “Mrs. R****?” I said “yes.”She said “You need to move your boat!” I said “My Husband and Chris were just at the front desk and told it was ok.” She said “Well, you have to move it.” I asked “Everything is full, what am I suppose to do with it?” She said “I don’t know,that’s not my problem, you will have to take that up with security, I’ll transfer you.” After talking to security, we decided since we did not have a choice and were lied to from the very beginning, we would go down there and see if any space was available in the full temporary storage. To top it off, when we got to our truck after getting an ok from the front desk and being lied to, then talking to security, we found a ticket on our truck window. We had to end up leaving our entire rig, Truck, trailer and boat outside of the temporary storage and get our friends to drive us back to the Inn. This weekend was a miserable, stressful weekend thanks to the Cliffs Inn.

This is the most ridiculous, un-organized, un-friendly experience we have ever had! Plus we were smoked out by the guests in the non-smoking room next to us. There is absolutely NO WAY we would have booked a room if we would have known the inconvenience of the boat and trailer parking. I called several other places and they were completely booked or we would have packed up our belongings and left.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Teri R
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We just stayed a quick night on paid-business trip, but impressed. The room at the Inn was very nice. Bathroom huge, with garden tub and shower, seperate toilet room, tile throughout, double vanity. Nice robes a great touch. The balcony was amazing - big with lots of furniture - but specifically if you are on the lake side. If I was to drive out there again, I definitely recommend getting a room at the Inn on the lake side. The view of lake with cliffs is incredibly. The breakfast was good and the service perfect. We didn't golf or use any facitilies so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Lake view - not "resort view" that would be parking lot pretty much, although it is still...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We found mixed reviews on this resort AFTER we had booked our stay. We were skeptical about the place after reading some horrible reviews. We are happy to report that we had a fabulous time staying here. We stayed from Wed night through Fri morning. We booked a King room with mini-fridge upgrade overlooking the lake. The lake was BEAUTIFUL even though the marina told us that it was 7 feet under normal for this time of year. The room was large and clean. Two negatives was that the mattress cover kept coming off so the bed was lumpy at times and the air conditioner is super loud. Other than that, the room was very comfortable, the fridge worked well, great water pressure in the shower (didn't get a chance to use the tub), and the internet had a very strong signal and was fast! The desk clerks at the front desk and marina were not overly friendly. They weren't rude, but they didn't really give off a very welcoming feeling either. They were accomodating though. We were able to extend our check out time by 2 hours. Also, the marina is offering a 25% discount off boat rentals M-Th. Boats are a bit older and the price w/o the 25% discount is a bit steep compared to Lake Travis. The Chapparal Grille was decent (don't get their Grouper). The petit steaks we had on our second night were "melt-in-your-mouth" scrumptious! We thought the prices at the grille were overal quite reasonable for a resort. We also enjoyed using the fitness center (lots of equipment to choose from), the pool (great waterfall), and seeing the deer come out each night. This place would be perfect for us if we were allowed to bring pets! If you're looking for a relaxing time with a gorgeous view of the lake and sunsets, we highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G T
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My family of 5 along with another family of 4 booked a weekend here to have a lake weekend with my buddy's new boat. This seemed like the perfect weekend getaway. First of all, if you are going to this LAKE resort and you are doing so to go BOATING you will be greeted by inconvenience after inconvenience. The resort allows no boat or trailer parking at the facility at any time (the signs says so). When you launch your boat at the closest ramp, you also cannot park your trailer there. You must drive 3 miles back past the resort and park in a dirt, unsecured parking lot. When you are finished playing for the day you have to drop someone at the ramp so they can make the round trip to pick up the trailer. The "first com, first serve" dock is always full, mostly with jet skis.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank ffwade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graford
Wildcatter Ranch
Executive Inn Mineral Wells
Executive Inn Mineral Wells
#6 of 8 in Mineral Wells
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mineral Wells

Been to The Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!