“Breathtaking” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Cliffs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Graford
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent our 11 anniversary in your hotel. The room was a dream come true and the view of the lake was absolutely gorgeous and our stay was so relaxing. We feasted on the seafood buffet and had the best coconut shrimp ever (my favorite) the live music was the icing on the cake . Our stay in your quiet wilderness setting is just what the doctor ordered.
All the Hotel and Restaurant staff including Management were over the top.
We will defiantly come back.
The Weatherfords

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Fullyalive14
cliffsgm, General Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Fullyalive14,

Thank you for choosing to spend your 11th anniversary at The Cliffs Resort and for taking the time to write such a fabulous TripAdvisor review. It is truly a blessing to be able to share this type of wonderful feedback with our staff on a regular basis.

I have passed along your comments about the Seafood Buffet to our culinary staff. This monthly buffet feature has been wildly popular for quite some time and the coconut shrimp are always a favorite, along with the crab legs. Your kudos regarding our fabulous staff has been shared with the rest of the resort team.

I certainly hope that you will return to The Cliffs Resort each year for your anniversary. Of course, if you decide that you want an awesome getaway between anniversaries, we will certainly be here for you.

Warmest Regards,

Jeff Harper

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I enjoyed this so much. We went to the Cliffs Resort on a Friday night. A little mixup with the reservation, but that's ok. It took a few minutes but we ended up with an upgraded room so that was pretty cool. The room was beautiful, nicely done, clean and relaxing. The view was truly amazing looking down over the lake and the cliffs. there were a few boats out there, people enjoying the weekend and the great weather we were having: record lows for Texas in July. I couldn't get phone service, which was a little bit annoying. But I decided to relax and just enjoy my surroundings. We had dinner at the restaurant there on site. It was wonderful. the wait staff was very friendly and the food was good. The coffee was exceptional, I thought.

After dinner, we walked around the golf course, which is very beautiful. It so quiet and serene there: no traffic noises, etc. Just birds, and nature sounds. We got lost the course is so big, but a neighbor living there who was walking, told us how to get back to the hotel.

Overall, I loved it.

Room Tip: be sure to get a room with a view. The view really made this a nice stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie A
Dear Carrie A,

Thank you for providing us with such nice feedback regarding your stay at The Cliffs Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room, along with the serenity of the resort. I have passed along your wonderful comments about the food and service in the Chaparral Grille, to our executive chef and restaurant manager. These kudos were certainly passed along to our servers and cooks as well.

I hope that you will join us again in the future, for another relaxing getaway.

Warmest Regards,

Jeff Harper
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed in room #122

Perfection:
-Delicious Saturday seafood buffet at the Chaparral Grill--favorite thing was the fresh snow crab legs which made it worth every penny
-Server suggested an off-the-menu strawberry banana margarita on the rocks which was really good
-Hotel restaurant, Chaparral Grill, had very friendly and attentive staff; the man who seemed to be the manager of the shift was clearly a dedicated employee committed to his staff and his patrons--we saw him stepping into several roles such as hosting and getting behind the bar to help with drinks. Refreshing to see!
-Great for people who enjoy biking

Leaves Much to be Desired:
-One bathroom sink didn't drain well. That's about it :)

Room Tip: I suggest the rooms with the lake view, spa tub, and fireplace--very nice, beautiful peaceful lake v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cliffsgm, General Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much, for your review of your recent stay at The Cliffs Resort and for your fabulous comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your restaurant experience so much. We really do have wonderful food and a great staff at the Chaparral Grille and I have passed your comments along to our staff.

Our Saturday seafood buffet has been a huge hit for many years now. We generally feature this event on the first Saturday of each month, from April to October. I hope that this will help you plan you next stay. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went to the Cliffs hoping it would be a possible location for a family reunion. Not enough to do there, no grocery store for many miles, no elevator or handicapped amenities and it was expensive, especially on a weekend night. Food was good in the only restaurant ( in 15 miles) but too expensive for a family group). Had a great massage, enjoyed the view, and comfortable room.
Golf course appeared to be very challenging for an average player. Many fairways were on ridges.

Room Tip: If stairs aren't a problem, get an upstairs room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Interpreter77845
Thank you for your recent review of The Cliffs Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your comfortable room, the views, our restaurant food and your massage. If you are still considering a family reunion, I would ask that you contact our group sales department to inquire about group pricing. Shawndi, our group sales manager, can be reached at 940-779-4500 and will be happy to help you plan your reunion. She can arrange rooms, meals, golf, spa treatments and boat rental so that you can make the most of your time here at the resort. We have hosted several family reunions at The Cliffs and have found that our reunion guests generally have a wonderful time.

I hope that we will see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed two days and nights near the end of April, had a room with the balcony looking out onto the lake.... Incredible. The room was quite small and nothing special but the surroundings made up for it. Ate outside on the patio, food was great and our waitress was excellent..Golf was worth the visit with deer crossing in front of us three times. I was Very Disappointed that the pool was not filled until the day we where leaving.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your April stay at The Cliffs Resort. We really appreciate your wonderful comments about the incredible views, great food & service at the restaurant and your golf experience.

I apologize that we did not have our pool filled in time for you to enjoy. You may know that we had our pool re-plastered and all of the decking material replaced that same week. Unfortunately, that meant that we had to keep the pool closed for a longer period of time than we would have liked; however, the result was worth the wait. I hope you will come back out to the resort soon, to see the finished product.
Ft Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed one Thursday night at the hotel to attend a meeting the next day. The setting is beautiful with a tremendous view of Lake Possum Kingdom and the surrounding hills. The room was clean, large, and well-appointed. The firm (but not uncomfortably hard) king size bed had 9 pillows on it. A really nice touch was that there were several different pillows so we could choose fat or thin, feather or foam. The bath had dual sinks, a separate tub and shower, and the commode had its own closet. The room had a small fridge. We had buffet meals for our group in the restaurant so I can't comment on service, but the food was fine buffet food. The staff was friendly and helpful. My wife had "the best massage ever" at the spa. We didn't take advantage of any other resort services.

Now the bad. We could hear every footstomp, er -step, of the people upstairs. My wife had marginally hot water for a shower at 10PM and I had at best uncomfortably tepid water for a shower at 7AM. They are in a severe drought area, but I can think of better ways of encouraging water conservation! The water also leaves you with that feeling that you can never get the soap off making a brief shower that much more uncomfortable. The housekeeper came banging at the door at 8:30AM. I would expect an upscale resort to coordinate the front desk with the housekeeping staff so the housekeeper didn't need to knock on the door to see who had checked out. There was no "do not disturb" sign available. Check out is at 11AM and it is not their busy season, so why not leave guests undisturbed?

I would stay there again if someone else was picking up the tab, but we don't plan to return on our own.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have a great view of the lake. Our room on the other side of the building had a view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at The Cliffs Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed the features of your room, the food and massage; along with the spectacular views of the area surrounding the resort. I hope that you accept my apology for the fact that housekeeping knocked on your door so early. On the day of your check-out, housekeeping should certainly have waited until 11:00am before knocking. As well, I am sorry that our water heater did not effectively heat the water in your room. I am hopeful that you reported this to our hotel front desk, so that our maintenance department could repair the issue.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to keep your business. If there is an obstacle to that, please feel free to contact me directly at cliffsgm@thecliffsresort.com
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

A great weekend getaway and easy drive from Dallas! My pre-teen son and his friend enjoyed exploring the rocks and cliffs of Possum Kingdom Lake while I enjoyed one of the best massages I've had in years. The restaurant was great and had a ton of choices for all meals. We can't wait to go back once the weather's warmer so we can also enjoy the golf and boating!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your peaceful and relaxing stay at The Cliffs Resort. I am pleased that you and your family had such a nice time here. I was sure to pass along your compliment about your massage, to our spa staff. While the weather was a bit chilly in April, summer is in full swing now...so I can't think of a more perfect time to make another reservation and enjoy some time on the golf course and on beautiful Possum Kingdom Lake. I hope that we will see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graford
Wildcatter Ranch
#2 of 8 in Mineral Wells
BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mineral Wells
BEST WESTERN PLUS Graham Inn

Been to The Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!