“Cabin #1: Overpriced, Uncomfortable, Will NOT be back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Graford
Hide-Away Cabins by the Lake and Hide-Away Inn
Reviewed 12 July 2011

First of all, I will say that the customer service we received at Hide-Away Cabins was wonderful. The lady at check-in was very friendly and tried to help later in the week with our complaints.
For the price of cabin #1 (3 bed/2bath for $285/night) we were highly disappointed. Most of the beds/mattresses were completely uncomfortable, we didn't get a good nights rest during our entire stay. This unit is not equipped to stay cool during hot Texas summer months. The a/c ran non-stop but the unit never cooled. It was usually 85 degrees inside this cabin when we went to sleep and would cool down slowly overnight. The maintenance guy did come look at our A/C unit the first night when we realized it wasn't cooling, but he thought that it was working properly and nothing more could be done. Just our bad luck I guess.
Paying $285/night, I expected to have much nicer and more comfortable amenities. Next trip, I will camp in a tent and probably be more satisfied than I was with this cabin.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank lindseyf63

Reviewed 2 June 2011

I think that is enough said. Cabin is in poor, poor shape! Offered very few kitchen utensils, dirty-sticky tile floors, coffee pot had a crack in it...guess the owner doesn't want to replace anything. They actually refunded our money but unfortunately we had to throw away pillows, duffle bags,etc and have our cars detailed to ensure they did not hitch-hike home with us!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank frankfamily
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We were quite nervous about going to the Hideaway cabins after reading some of the reviews here but we were totally pleased with everything. I started looking for a place to take our family to for spring break and found Possum Kingdom Lake. After researching the different places to stay out there we started contacting them to see what was available for our dates. Most of the websites were very helpful in showing what the cabins look like inside, the Hideaway's website only showed the outsides so I had to call to get a better idea of what to expect. I called the number from the website & was given a full rundown of all the attractions the lake has to offer & was emailed a photo tour of the cabins I was interested in. Having all that kind of stuff on the website would really help people get a feel for what to expect. We were so surprised to find 23 beautiful cabins, 2 restaurants, a dock to rent boats and a state of the art GoKart speedway with a full arcade to keep the kiddos busy. They had just started renting mountain bikes to take up on the hiking/biking trail behind the campground. We decided to hike it first and the view was breathtaking, you could see both sides of the lakes from our vantage point, what a beautiful lake!! Next visit we will take the bikes up & rent the helmut camcorder to record our bikehike, we are going back in June when everything will be green & we can rent jet ski's because the water won't be so cold.
The staff was friendly & so helpful, we all had a blast and look forward to going back.
I hope this review helps everyone get a better idea of what they have out there because we were SO pleased with our vacation and most of the reviews I found did not even do any of it justice. Call the number on the website so you can get the staff to email you pics & links to all the activities around the lake.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank pacejames81
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This was our first trip to PK Lake, and I absolutely loved the Sandy Beach part of the lake> But back at the cabin at nightfall, thing's got pretty crazy.. hearing doors open and close, being woke up all throughout night and early morning hours by constant sounds.. very aggravating~~ and then actually "seeing" the floating ball of light (orb) come into the bedroom.... and then proceed to to start forming into "god knowa what" I didn't enjoy the light show`ha)ha.... and i stopped it short by getting out of the bed and turning on the light. Anyways ...that was the only bad experience for me. Other than that.. i loved the cabin, and the atmosphere...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Nathaniel2006
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We felt so welcome from the minute we called to make the reservation. Karin & Lynn were such a joy to work with from our 1st contact to the last goodbye or should I say see you later. We stayed in the "honeymoon cabin" during the "off peak season" so it was peaceful & inexpensive and we will be back, I guess we will be "lifers" as Karin put it. The whole vibe of the Hideaway felt like coming to visit family and that little Karter "the Mayor" was so helpful & walked our dog, helped us start a fire and told us where the best fishing spots were. We will tell all of our family & friends to go for a visit!!! By the way I read the reviews listed & saw no duct tape or AC problems but we only used the heat and the fireplace which was amazing as was everything we experienced at our new home away from home. The cabins are beautiful, spacious, well maintained and appointed. We bought deer corn at the general store and fed the deer out in the meadow everyday, which was amazing! Nothing but good from 1st to last.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BabyBrooke2009
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We went with a group for a family reunion. Out of the 7 cabins rented, only 3 were in good condition. The others either had air conditioning issues, refrigerator not cooling, duct tape on the toilet seat (sanitary ???), bad bedding, holes in walls, and DIRTY! We will never stay there again. One cabin called about A.C. problems and received an argumentative conversation that was completely unacceptable from a service establishment. There should have been an attempt of some sort to resolve the problem. Good luck to anyone who decides to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My family and I traveled to PK Hide-Away for a family reunion. We rented 7 cabins total so all of our experiences were different. For me personally the cabin that I stayed in was newer and nice in size however the toilet seat was being held together with duck tape and the place looked like it hadn't had a real thorough clean in about 6 months. There were cobwebs in every corner of the house and one even looked like it had spider eggs in it. Also if you have small children you may want to watch out for rattlesnakes. I was confronted with a rattlesnake on the back porch of my cabin the first night that I stayed there, so I was less than excited about the younger children playing outside in the evenings. There was another family in our party that shared a similar rattlesnake experience. You will definitely want to bring your own bed linens. I noticed some of the bed spreads didn't look like they had been laundered in a while. While my particular cabin didn't have a problem with A/C (2) out of the 7 cabins that were rented in our party had no air conditioner which was a big problem in 100 degree weather. We even had to move some of the elderly and children to other cabins to avoid any health problems because the management never responded to our requests for maintenance.

• Stayed: July 2010

Been to Hide-Away Cabins by the Lake and Hide-Away Inn? Share your experiences!