“Convenient and Clean”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Graham
Longview, Texas
“Convenient and Clean”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Graham on Saturday, February 22 while in town for a funeral. I had a king bed room on the second floor near the elevator. I was in the room for a couple of hours in the afternoon and did hear people being somewhat loud in the hall but when I got back to the room that evening it was very quiet, and I never heard anything during the night. Only 2 concerns about the room...there seems to be a gap under the door that lets light from the hallway in at night, and the housekeeper who made the bed had the blanket tucked so far in at the foot of the mattress that I had to remake the bed so the blanket came further up than mid-chest level! The bathroom was very clean with plenty of towels, and the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. I was not overly impressed with the breakfast but I did have enough to eat to hold me till lunch time when I got home. Also, the hotel is easy to get to off of Highway 380. All in all, I was satisfied with this hotel and would definetly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank patnf
Ronald M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Graham, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased our rooms were comfortable and clean. Also, thank you for bringing the issues to my attention.

I apologize for the gap under the door, and that the room attendant remade the bed with the covers so low. I will speak to the housekeepers about that issue.

Holiday Inn Express is changing our breakfast offerings and adding a number of new items, including healthy choice items, so when you stay at a Holiday Inn Express in the future, you'll have a wider selection for breakfast.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

R. Moore/GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was my 3RD stay at this facility over the past several months and the SECOND time that my room was not cleaned while I was out the following day. Both times this happened, the staff seemed bewildered when I got back to the room and reported it. I had to ask for fresh towels, soap, etc. Both times, it took several trips to get what I needed for the night.

The other time I stayed there, I specifically asked for a room that was non-handicapped, but was given one anyway. I asked for another room, went down and got my key and proceeded to carry my bags upstairs to the new room. (The elevator was not working.) When I opened the door to the new room, I don't know who was more frightened - me or the man who was asleep in the bed. I was finally given a non-handicapped room that was unoccupied only to find there was no hot water. By that time I was so tired I couldn't face another room.

The staff, during all of these incidences, made no attempt to make it "right", by offering a discount or even an apology.

Graham is a small town and accommodations are limited, but in future, when I have to make this trip, I will stay in Mineral Wells, almost 50 miles away..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SueBPhillips
Ronald M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Graham, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I want to first apologize for the issues experienced during your stay. At Holiday Inn Express we strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience to each guest and we take any failure on our part seriously.

If you would please contact me at the hotel (940-521-9188 or graham@usimanagement.com) I would like to discuss your stay and try to make amends.

Ronald Moore

Travellers are raving about these Graham hotels

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed the night before the Possum Pedal bike ride. The hotel was clean, convenient and safe. Typical Holiday Inn Express, so nice to know they are consistent. The breakfast did leave something to be desired, just rolls and cereal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The HIE name isn't associated with luxury, and that's OK -- it's not meant to be that kind of hotel. And the lobby/interior public spaces of this hotel are pretty much what you'd expect. However, the room was great! Way beyond the star-level for this place.

Big, comfortable bed with excellent bedding, spacious room, well laid out, nice desk, mini fridge, quirk-free AC/heat. I stayed at a resort hotel a couple weeks before, and honestly, the entire time I was in my room at this HIE in Graham, I kept thinking how much nicer this room was than the room at the resort I'd just been to.

Partly, that's because that resort room was way below what it should have been. But even so, this was a great room well beyond what I expected. See photo -- sorry for the unmade bed!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ericv908
Cookville, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Had A great time from check in to check out.. Staff was great!!! room was great !!! Breakfast was great.... Evrything was GREAT. I stayed a week and will be back next week. Plus it is on the quite side of town.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Suit and Regular room they both were GREAT. Suit was a little bigger with a couch. and...
1 Thank Roy P
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it is the best hotel in Graham. They have a new GM and he has really improved the customer service. Rooms are very clean and upscaled. This is also one of the newest hotels in the area. It is right next to the Young County sports complex as well, so if your in town for a rodeo or a baseball tournament, you can be close to your room. I stay at hotels about 150 nights a year and I highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Scot Q
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I should say this up front: I like Holiday Inn Express in general. I have had great experiences in other cities with HIexpress hotels. Overall, I had a good experience here. I can easily overlook the flaws that I saw during my 2-night business stay at this hotel. I arrived late in the evening, and had no issues checking in - the front-desk employee was super friendly. The decor is very modern, which I liked. My room - 311 - was on the 3rd floor. The room and bathrooms were clean.

My complaint with the room was with the AC unit - it was extremely loud (so loud that it woke me up every time it kicked on) and on the second day, the carpet was wet from the unit. The second evening I was there, there were very high winds in the area. The windows rattled like if there was hard rain hitting them. Nature is nature, though, and so I could easily overlook that.

My only other complaint was the breakfast. I typically have high praises for HIexpress breakfasts. However, here, the orange juice was more like water with slight orange flavoring and the biscuit was as hard as a rock. The eggs were good and there was a good variety of other things to eat.

I was, overall, pleased with my stay. I would stay there again.

2 Thank Laura L