“Can't beat this for a week long business stay”

Comfort Suites Granbury
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stay here on business at least once every couple of months for a week. There are several things I like about this place for business. First, the rooms are always clean and they are usually available for very early check-in. While I do not eat a huge breakfast, the breakfast buffet is always ready early and has good variety. As a guest, I get complimentary access to the YMCA just next door which is absolutely great. My room is always cleaned by noon if I need to come back from work on a break. While Granbury is not huge, traffic can be an issue so the hotel is convenient to restaurants. I do not take advantage of the pool or hot tub so I cannot comment on that but they do have a small workout room if you do not want to go across the street to the Y.

Room Tip: Traffic is not a problem but get a room on the upper floors and on the back to eliminate any noise f...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We typically agree with ratings here on Trip Advisor where hotels are concerned, but this was definitely the exception to the rule. When we arrived, their computer system was down. The front desk staff was very kind and allowed us to go ahead to our room and asked that we come back later to sign the check in form. We did have a very good initial impression as the desk team was friendly and helpful and the lobby was nice. I also want to say that the breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Where we really experienced our issues was with the room itself and the pool.

We were booked in room 105. There is a strange angle to the wall, and the way the furniture is set up in the room makes it very difficult to get around. There's a lamp you can't even get to without stepping on the couch, which is just strange. If someone is sitting at the desk you can't even get by. The beds were not pillowtop, which is what is described on their site, and they were very uncomfortable. The bathroom is set up in such a strange way - you have to step all the way in and press yourself between the toilet and counter to shut the door. The toilet doesn't flush well, the tub stopper was not fully functional, and the water backed up quickly while taking a shower. Overall, we just weren't pleased with the room quality at all.

The primary reason we chose this hotel was for their indoor heated pool and hot tub. We go to Granbury to visit my husband's daughter, and she loves to swim. We always look for a place with a heated indoor pool so we have a fun activity to do together even when it's cold. During our visit, there were some guests with too few adults and a lot of kids that really took over the pool for hours. They left the door to the pool area open and we could hear the yelling and screaming from the front desk. We weren't able to use the pool until about 8:30 that night, and even then it was disappointing. The water was really gross - almost green - and we could barely see the tile icon at the bottom of the pool (a dolphin maybe?). Additionally, the water is supposed to be heated - it wasn't. The water was super cold. Our daughter couldn't manage it for more than 10 minutes before her lips turned blue and her teeth chattered - and my husband was never able to get in at all. The hot tub was fine, but since our daughter is ten that's not really fun or appropriate for her. As we were drying off someone came in with a boom box and started blaring music in the pool area - music not at all appropriate for a ten year old. We left after spending less than 30 minutes in the pool area altogether. So really, the main reason we stayed here was a bust. Super disappointing.

Unless your only needs are friendly service and a hot breakfast I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 105 Is very poorly laid out and difficult to get around.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Allison T
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was the hotel I selected for a three day, two night annual meeting of an automobile club, and I couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was very helpful and the accommodations were excellent. The club members commented on the quality and value, and said it was the best in the last five years. Ms. Cooke, the General Manager, provided a meeting room where we could hold the registration and have refreshments between activities. The location was also beneficial because it was on a side road away from heavy traffic, but convenient to the historic town square, county courthouse and homes, and a myriad of shopping and dining places, a museum, and a beautiful city park.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

There were 2 wedding parties going on when we were here. The only room left that would accommodate 3 was their double queen handicapped room 330. The hanger for the hand held shower was broken and they someone had zip tied the shower wand to the top of the pipe and the rest of the hose to the soap holder on the wall. The shower wand was so high it was hard to rinse all of the soap off of all of the parts and there was no way to adjust it.

2 of the tiles outside the tub, (which was set up with a drain in the floor for a shower chair) were loose and actually moved under my feet.

I reported this to the front desk and receive an apology for the issue.

We had originally asked to stay 2 nights and were told we could but we would have to move rooms, which was fine with us. When we moved to the new room on the 2nd day it was not large enough to pull out the sleeper sofa and have those sleeping in the 1 available bed able to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night without almost walking on the pull out.

Each floor had a note taped to the window where the ice maker and on the 2nd floor where the laundry was stating out of order. When I asked about onsite laundry I was told there was one laundry mat in town and I could go there.

We opted not to stay the 2nd night and found a different hotel in Glen Rose

My question is...how many other people have reported the issue with the handicap room and what if someone who was truly handicapped and needed to be able to pull the shower wand down to shower had secured that room? I know for a fact they were putting someone else in that room and that the shower wand issue had not been resolved. Also with the tiles moving isn't water getting into the sub-floor which could cause mold growth?

Not sure what is going on with this hotel, but this is nothing like our stay last year.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you are needing to use the pull out sofa.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AustinLife
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Comfort Suites staff provided recommendations for eating and directions for travelling about Granbury. They also gave information that was very helpful about Granbury, the lake, the river and a little about the history of Granbury. The only complaint, if any, is the a/c was very loud at tun on and shut down.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jrlank
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I always try to stay here when visiting my parents. The price is reasonable, it is comfortable, and the staff has ALWAYS tried to accommodate any request I've made. Currently, we are dealing with the imminent loss of my Dad at any time, and they were even able to assist me with a lower price per night for the entire stay. My sister came in from California, and they also allowed her the convenience of a late check out the day I had to go back to W Texas for work. I did have an issue with another group of guests with rooms close to ours, but the issue was addressed immediately after I spoke to the front desk. They have been a true blessing!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry P
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We sometimes need additional room when family visits my mother in Granbury Texas, and this is the place we choose. Nice rooms, nice service and good staff. Stay there if you need a place in Granbury. It is worth the extra few dollars.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family