“You Should Have TOLD Me There Was NO HOT WATER”

Holiday Inn Express Granbury
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Stephenville, Texas
“You Should Have TOLD Me There Was NO HOT WATER”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We booked to stay there because of an important doctor appointment the next day and the roads were treacherous with ice. We got there and the room was fine. (No greeting about being a Priority Club member - was told there was nothing for Priority Club members unless you were Platinum)? Anyway, all was at least sort of ok. My sister tried to call me after we arrived and the gal at the front desk couldn't transfer the call, much to my sister's frustration - we ate a late breakfast at about 8:30 and the food was less than stellar as it had dried out from being out too long.

But the thing that really set me off was there was no hot water - at all - not even lukewarm water. So, when we were leaving, I told the woman at the front desk that they needed to know we were not able to get any hot water during our stay. To my shock, she said she knew and they had a plumber coming, but there just wasn't hot water for now. Shouldn't we have been told this when: 1) we made the reservation, or 2). when we checked in? I felt it was very deceptive to take full price from me for the room, KNOWING there was no hot water available during our stay. I am going to have to rethink my loyalty to Holiday Inn. This was a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: I have no tips - should a person have to ask before booking whether or not they can take a shower or...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lstew55
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Lstew55,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the lack of hot water and the unsatisfactory breakfast experience. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as these concerns will be forwarded to the management of the hotel. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is brand new, clean, comfortable. The staff (front desk, breakfast and housekeeping) is very friendly and helpful. As future residents of Granbury, they were outgoing and welcoming; offering all kinds of advice on the area. One simple request was immediately dispatched and provided within a couple minutes. Everything here is new and there was he faintly pleasant and fresh aroma of new paint in our room. A great Holiday Inn Express property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelStaff532, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear WadeC3,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value the opinions of our guests, and take great pride in providing excellent customer service. We look forward to your return.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I found myself suddenly needing a hotel while in the area. The property was apparently recently acquired by Holiday Inn so I thought I might be able to get a better deal. I DID get a great rate and the room was perfect. Bed - pillow - cleanliness - All GREAT. Staff - workout area - breakfast - All GREAT! Special thanks to the staff (and I hope I have the name right - Marlene).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MeinColorado
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.
Travellers also viewed these Granbury hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
#5 of 13 in Granbury
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 13 in Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Granbury? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Granbury

Property: Holiday Inn Express Granbury
Address: 1515 N Plaza Dr, Granbury, TX 76048-2635 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > Texas > Granbury
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Granbury 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Granbury is located 5 minutes from the downtown Granbury Square. Our spacious rooms offer a great place to work or relax. We offer complimentary breakfast seven days a week with our "Express Start Breakfast." An indoor heated pool, so you can swim till you're puckered. Need to keep your cardio up? We offer a fitness center with treadmill and elliptical bike. With high speed internet access thru out the building you can stay connected while getting away. Each of our rooms comes with refrigerator and microwave. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Granbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.