“Staff accommodating and friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Granbury
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fourteen of us stayed at this hotel for a mini family reunion. The staff let us use the common area once breakfast was over to visit, celebrate a birthday, play games, and meet up with each other before going out. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet typical for this type of restaurant. I think the lady taking care of the buffet could have used some help to keep up with the Memorial Day weekend crowd though. Everything worked in our room. We would come back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HotelStaff532, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We take great pride in delivering excellent customer service.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Granbury

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Good hotel. Restful and quiet. I stayed one week. The staff was very helpful and kind. The continental breakfast was great and convenient for my travel to Granbury, TX. I always enjoy my stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Reserve room in advance.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelStaff532, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear SDee C,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value the opinions of our guests, and take great pride in providing excellent customer service. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We booked to stay there because of an important doctor appointment the next day and the roads were treacherous with ice. We got there and the room was fine. (No greeting about being a Priority Club member - was told there was nothing for Priority Club members unless you were Platinum)? Anyway, all was at least sort of ok. My sister tried to call me after we arrived and the gal at the front desk couldn't transfer the call, much to my sister's frustration - we ate a late breakfast at about 8:30 and the food was less than stellar as it had dried out from being out too long.

But the thing that really set me off was there was no hot water - at all - not even lukewarm water. So, when we were leaving, I told the woman at the front desk that they needed to know we were not able to get any hot water during our stay. To my shock, she said she knew and they had a plumber coming, but there just wasn't hot water for now. Shouldn't we have been told this when: 1) we made the reservation, or 2). when we checked in? I felt it was very deceptive to take full price from me for the room, KNOWING there was no hot water available during our stay. I am going to have to rethink my loyalty to Holiday Inn. This was a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: I have no tips - should a person have to ask before booking whether or not they can take a shower or...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lstew55
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Lstew55,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the lack of hot water and the unsatisfactory breakfast experience. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as these concerns will be forwarded to the management of the hotel. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is brand new, clean, comfortable. The staff (front desk, breakfast and housekeeping) is very friendly and helpful. As future residents of Granbury, they were outgoing and welcoming; offering all kinds of advice on the area. One simple request was immediately dispatched and provided within a couple minutes. Everything here is new and there was he faintly pleasant and fresh aroma of new paint in our room. A great Holiday Inn Express property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelStaff532, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear WadeC3,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I found myself suddenly needing a hotel while in the area. The property was apparently recently acquired by Holiday Inn so I thought I might be able to get a better deal. I DID get a great rate and the room was perfect. Bed - pillow - cleanliness - All GREAT. Staff - workout area - breakfast - All GREAT! Special thanks to the staff (and I hope I have the name right - Marlene).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MeinColorado

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.