“Glad we stopped”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rockwall, TX
“Glad we stopped”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were driving though after looking at some homes and decided to stop. We were glad we did. The hostess quickly seated us. Our waiter was adequately attentive. The chips and salsa were good and refilled as needed as was our drinks. I had the beef taco salad. It was good. I would go back if I were ever in the area.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank fencepost

Keller, Texas
“Good food,ok staff.”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We went for the weekend, but wanted Mexican food. Two people recommended Garcia's. It was really good. Staff somewhat friendly.

2 Thank Bobby760
Southern States
“Singles Not Made to Feel Welcome”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

A random stranger had overheard me asking about a good place for lunch, and suugested Garcias. Off I went full of excitement, for a place great enough to warrant eavesdropping must be stellar. I arrived shortly after the church crowd had cleared out, the parking lot about half full. I approached a clean exterior with an awning and benches to presumably wit when they are busy. A friendly hostess asked me how many in party, and when I stated one and asked for a bboth, things went south. Something was spoken in spanish to another server, and I was told it would be about a 10 minute wait. Okay I went outside and sat on the bench to enjoy the perfesct weather day, watching tablefull after group depart the building, all happy and stuffed! A few couples wandered in during this time. After 15 minutes, I followed a couple in. They were immediately taken to one of many available booths. I was never notified. Set the tone. I was seated and given the required chips and salsa. The chips were smaller than I am used to, seemingly to be made from flour instead of corn. They were great!!!! The salsa was mild and smooth, myslef preferring a chunky, but I managed to eat 2 bowls(2 oz bowls!). I let the server decide my meal, and I received chicken flautas. The dinner came with the standard rice and beans, both actually good considering they indicated pre-packaged. Two large rolled tortillas stuffed with a dark/white meat chicken mix, with just about prefect seasoning, onion, peppers,yum! A larger than usual scoop of guac and some sour cream rounded off this lunch. The gaug was chunky, spicy, cold and creamy all at the same time. Hints of onion, garlic, lime and cilantro blended well, no one flavor overiding the delicate avacado. Drinks are served in 32 ounce cups, so be thirsty. The restaurant looks like it was a house at one time, now stuccoed with the "cantina" colors, and muted terra cotta. A couple of tvs had the game on, something that only needs to be seem in the bar area. The menu said family business, so this place deserves a spot away from the mega giants!rvice was speedy once seated. The meal was worthy of another looky see. The hostess dropped the ball. I know the tip is what drives the servers, but the customer is the one who drives the tips. They should be thankful for the tables.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank franklinmilford
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Welcoming staff and great food.”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Went there with some locals who are regulars, the waiting staff were friendly and served-up great food in a timely manner.
Ticks all the boxes for me!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Gordon8ball
Granbury, Texas
“Good Mexican Food!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

With all the choices of Mexican food in and around Granbury, Garcia's stands out above the crowd! Order anything you like, it is ALL good!! The staff is friendly and service is great! Cold beer, they got it too! A great place to enjoy some really good Mexican food with friends, family, on your lunch hour, or solo, this place is AWESOME!! Thanks to my good friend Hadlee for introducing Garcia's to me! Have enjoyed thier food many times, and will continue to go back! You taste buds will thank you, your pocket book will too!

• Visited January 2013