“Wonderful Getaway!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Granbury B&B and Inns
Sachse
“Wonderful Getaway!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I recently went to Inn on Lake Granbury to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We were so impressed with everything this place had to offer. The room was fantastic and the bathroom had the coolest shower I've ever seen. It had a steamer and 5 different shower heads in it. Amazing. We walked down to the square and watched a little broadway show at the Opera House which was awesome. They were showing Driving Miss Daisy when we were there. We laughed and we cried. Such a great time. They also had a lot of neat boutiques and the old jail museum was so cool! We enjoyed the pool in the evening. The pool had an awesome waterfall and was very relaxing. There were other people in the pool with us, but the waterfall kind of drowned their conversation out so we were able to only hear each other and still have have a romantic and private feeling setting. The owners were very nice and you can tell they take a lot of pride in their place. We will go back and definitely recommend to others. Also, the bed was so comfortable! Slept great and had a wonderful breakfast the next morning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VacayCraze

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife wonders why I never write bad reviews, why every hotel or restaurant, or attraction is always top notch. Truth is, why waste the time. I mean, my mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all". When it comes to the Inn on Lake Granbury, my sentiment exactly.

I chose this property for a mid-week, couples get-away based on Trip Advisor reviews. With an over-abundance of positive comments, it seemed a little too good to be true. Still, we had never been to Granbury so this was all we had to go on. The location 0f the Inn was great, not only in relation to Dallas (90 minutes), but also in terms of the town and lake. My wife and I enjoyed the very easy walk to the town square as well as the hilltop views of the lake from the hammock, the Adirondack chairs, or our balcony. Rooms range from the well-appointed, main house kings to suites and "houses". All of these can be viewed individually on their website and the available photos are accurate. Regardless of which room you reserve, they are filled with amenities galore. The bed was a little soft for my taste, but everything else made up for it. You see, it was the little things that mattered - the stocked in-room refrigerator, the tasty home-made breakfast, the key pad entry, iPod connections, evening appetizers, salt water pool, grounds big enough that you could be alone, but personal enough that you could talk to anyone. In brief, we had a great time.

To get the most out of the experience, it would depend on what you want. This is not for families, both in terms of the Inn and Granbury. For quality time as a couple or with friends, the mid-week calm was great, but left the town a bit quiet. While there was plenty to do and see, don't expect to be overwhelmed by Granbury on a Wednesday night. Now, if you want more flair, I am sure that the weekends would offer it, especially if there was a festival you were interested in. Also, I would think that this location would be great for some sort of business retreat, provided the size of you company was appropriate.

All in all, we would go back, especially with some friends. You know, I might even go back with my mother because I am sure that she would have nice things to say about Inn on Lake Granbury!

Room Tip: Check the pictures on-line and select the room that appeals to you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wannagetawaymore
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Holy Cow! We lucked out on this one! Excruciatingly clean and fresh. Gracious decor. Texas hill country style. Big and easy. We had the room with the comfy reading chairs in the window. Nice breakfasts. Lovely hosts. Fab adirondack chairs overlooking the lake. Had cold drinks and snacks always on hand. Very well done. This is not some dumpy old house. Brand new, but in the old Texas tradition. Cute little town for strolling, shops,lunch, etc.
BTW, we loved the sheets on our bed so much, we asked what they were. So soft, the wife went a little nutty. Some kind of spa thing. Found them online, now that's all we sleep on at home. All from staying here. Funny.

Room Tip: Oops. There isn't a fitness center. Make sure you study the website pix. We like to read, and we...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
taylorguy, Owner at Inn on Lake Granbury, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you, Don, for your stay with us in the Rio Vista room. We are glad you stayed with us and enjoyed one of our many guestrooms or guest suites with sitting areas. We appreciate all the wonderful comments too about the Inn's décor and comfort of the sheets, and also the town of Granbury, which is a short walk from the Inn. We have free passes to a nearby fitness center for those looking to get a workout in. We hope to see you again soon.
Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a wonderfully "hidden" jewel near Granbury square and with views of the lake. There are so many delightful places to just enjoy the peace & quiet & a view of the lake- a hammock, a swing, adirondack chairs, lounge chairs, the pool seating, balconies, patios, etc. You can walk easily to the square and enjoy dinner, shopping, theatrical performances (if showing).
The breakfast is sumptious! The hosts are very friendly and helpful. The main house has books/DVDs to borrow during your stay.There are also water & sodas and coffee/tea to partake any time of day. Around 5:30, the hosts put out trays of cheese, crackers, Hors d'oeuvres! The pool is a delight as well. So enjoyed getting away from it all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We arrrived on Friday before Memorial day. it was beautiful. Jim showed us to our room, and there was a coffee maker that makes single cups and a small frig in a common area full of cokes and dr peppers. very nice. the room was beautiful as was the bathroom. we stayed in the jesse james room. it is very nice and comfortable. the room has a fireplace but we didn't need it since it was warm outside. the town square is walking distance and they were setting up a festival for memorial day. we had so much fun walking around the town square. the filling station on the square makes great burgers, by the way. I would definately go back. everyone is very friendly. we also went down to the water behind the house, and spent a few hours reading and relaxing there. the weather was perfect.

Room Tip: all the rooms looked absolutely beautiful. i don't think there was a "bad" room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Located right on the edge of Lake Granbury, this pretty little place is what B&Bs are all about. The wife and I have stayed here at least a half dozen times and each time we love it just as much as we did the first time. It never gets old for us.

First the rooms: None of them are the same, all of them are spectacularly decorated, each with a slightly different "theme". We've stayed in the smallest of the rooms in the main building to the larger "pool house" set off from everybody else and I really didn't care where I was at. I loved them all. They are expertly stocked with all the luxuries of a good B&B, super clean, everything working correctly and making you feel like a VIP the whole way.

Next the service: The owners are hands on, super friendly, down-to-earth and just plain nice people who know how to treat their guests. You feel as if you are the most special person in town and your every whim is catered to. The snacks they put out are delicious and unique, and they provide nice movies, plenty of towels for the pool and make tour arrangements for you. One time we went to a local nearby winery. Another time, to a local theater.

Next the grounds: Gorgeous. Nothing but beauty everywhere the eye can see, with nothing out of place, not even one blade of grass. The lake is inviting with a nice hammock and swinging bench sitting on the edge of the property overlooking the water. The pool is refreshing, clean and has a little waterfall in it that makes you feel like you are in a special resort in a far away island.

Last, but not least is the breakfast: Oh my word! I'm a breakfast person to begin with and this place makes the most absolutely delicious and unique breakfasts anywhere. I dare you to try to find a replica of what they serve here anywhere else, even at the most snooty hotels around. They always have a delicious savory dish and a decadent sweet dish, coupled with high quality versions of the eggs and breakfast meats you get everywhere else... but only these are better too! To top it all off there is usually a high quality fruit dish served with it all for good healthy eating if you want or need that. My only complaint is that since it is family style all-you-can-eat, I usually gorge myself and get very sleepy from from my morning feast.

Oh well, I guess I'll digest all that goodness by curling up with a good book on that hammock later... or maybe lounge by the pool...?

Hey maybe I'll have just a little bit more of that delicious Walnut French Toast...zzzzzzz

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burt V
MEDFORD
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This is my third visit, and it just keeps getting better. If you need peace and quiet, this is the place to be. If you need a big comfy bed, look no further. If love fabulous food and service, book this Inn.

Did I mention you need to make a reservation? Believe it, book it, experience the best.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business