La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleannice staythe main highwayvisiting familycomplimentary breakfaststay there againvery nice hotelwafflesbreakfast areasausageking bedgreat place to staymeeting roomglen roseomelethot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights with our two golden retrievers. The property, rooms and public areas were very clean. Staff was friendly and efficient. One would never know that this is a pet friendly hotel. No stains, odors or outdoor droppings noted anywhere. Everything was in very good condition adding to our level of comfort. This is a hotel we would stay at again or would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Wow. The rooms in this hotel are aswome. Its like havng an apartment. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was great and the rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is conviently located close to store and food. I would definetly come recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend the top floor facing west.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank megabrat
Reviewed 1 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I reserved two rooms with 2 queen beds for the Fourth of July--one for me and my husband and one for our son and daughter-in-law. However, when my husband and I arrived to check into our room, the blonde lady at the desk told my husband that we couldn't possibly have reservations for rooms with 2 queen beds and said, instead, that our reservations were for rooms with double beds. My husband came back to the car, confused, and told me what she had said. I was confused as well and went inside to show her my confirmation printouts, which clearly showed that we had reserved 2 rooms with 2 QUEEN beds. At that point, she just laughed sarcastically and said, "Look, we only have ONE room in this whole place with 2 queen beds. Our beds are doubles, so THAT'S not going to happen! I don't know WHO you booked your reservations through, but they screwed up. Our rooms have double beds--NOT queen beds!" I showed her the confirmations again to show her that we had booked our reservations through LaQuinta.com! However, she just quickly brushed that fact aside and kept making comments which implied that I should have KNOWN somehow that their rooms only have double beds. When she suddenly walked away without saying a word about where she was going, my husband and I just looked at each other, wondering where she had gone. She came back with a man who apparently was the manager, even though he didn't identify himself as the manager, and he just looked perturbed that he was being bothered. When we explained that our confirmation printouts showed rooms with queen beds, he told us that they had been trying to get this particular issue straightened out online for some time. He asked impatiently, "When did you make your reservations?" I began to tell him that one reservation was made about two and a half to three months earlier, but instead of letting me finish, he interrupted me and said, "See. That's your problem." (MY problem??) "You made the reservation months ago, and the problem wasn't straightened out yet." (Yes, I had made the reservation months ago because I wanted to make sure we had a place to stay on the Fourth of July in Granbury, since accommodations there tend to go quickly for the July 4th celebration). When I was able to tell him that I had made the second reservation JUST THE DAY BEFORE, he just stood there for a moment as if not knowing what to say--since, quite obviously, the issue online still hadn't been corrected as of July 3rd, the day before we arrived. Then, he said irritably, "Look, I can reduce the rate of the rooms, but that's all I can do." I could have cared less about him reducing the rate by twenty or thirty dollars and told him so. We were so disgusted at that point with their offensive attitudes that we were in no mood to stay in a place that has such unprofessional and rude employees, so we called our son and told him the situation, and he agreed that we needed to cancel the reservations and leave. A simple apology or some common courtesy would have been much appreciated. We were there to celebrate an enjoyable Fourth of July with our son and daughter-in-law. Instead, we ended up spending the day in the heat, trying to kill time so that we could watch the fireworks display that night, and then had to drive home afterwards. I have NEVER been treated so badly at a La Quinta--or any other hotel for that matter--and I will never plan to stay at the La Quinta in Granbury again. As a side note: Just before we left, my husband realized he had failed to get cancellation confirmations (we were taking no chances with this place), so he went back inside to get cancellation confirmations, and when he came back to the car, he said that another party was attempting to check in, and they were having a heated conversation with the La Quinta employees regarding the same problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank texasgirl74
LQ6040, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Mrs. texasgirl74,

I am sorry to hear your experience with us was unpleasant. However we did what we could to accommodate and you decided to not stay with us. The issue with the website displaying incorrect information had been addressed at the time and is now fixed.

Your comments on the reactions of myself and my staff ("sarcastically" "impatiently" etc) are either overstatements or false. You and your husband were agitated by the situation and we understood the frustration, but we were not attempting to be rude to you in any way. Unfortunately that was not reciprocated to our staff.

Ultimately we offered a discounted rate and an apology was offered (This I promise happened whether you remember or not) and you did not accept. We did not personally kick you into the heat or reject your reservation in any manner. The guests that had the same situation after you understood the situation, accepted our offer and had a stay for a discounted rate in a sold out city.

-Matt Gower