“Very Nice rooms and property”

Comfort Suites Grand Prairie
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
New Orleans, LA
“Very Nice rooms and property”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were attending a funeral. The only things I disliked about the place was how hard it is to get to it since it is basically on the service road of a huge interstate that is one way in front of the hotel. 3 adult women slept in the room and we found it roomy and comfortable. Very quiet rooms and great breakfast food. We would have stayed another night but the price doubled from Thursday to Friday night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank scrapper39

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cookeville
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed at this Comfort Suites while in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to visit Cowboys Stadium. Perfect location right off the interstate and only about 10 minutes to the stadium. Nice places to eat within a block or two. Room was nice. Two queen size mattresses with a small hide-a-bed. Fridge and microwave in room were great. Room/hotel was clean. Kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was good. Only three minor things we noticed: the door to the cabinet that housed the fridge would not close due to a bent hinge (which I fixed with my pocket tool), a couple of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked/loose, and the water pressure in the bathroom sink was less than ideal. Otherwise, a very nice stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

the elevator sounded like it was slipping and a very noise and jerks. The carpet through out halls, entry and room were dirty. The bathroom sink would not drain. The beds were comfortable. Some major house cleaning and maintenance would go a long ways in make this a hotel worth of Comfort Suites. the fee for the safe is a joke. We have stayed in several Comfort Suites is last three year and till this one had been pleased till this one. We will not use it again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ESM2012
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Upon arrival, the sheets were filthy and it was clearly evident that this room had not been properly serviced. They had to move us out of our room into another room.

The next day, my card key to one of our rooms stopped working. My mother and I went to the front desk to get them fixed and the front desk clerk, Angela, fixed our keys and then we left to go get something down the street to eat for lunch. My phone rang and it was the front desk clerk, Angela who called and said, "Did you take a wallet from the from the lady that was checking in?" I told her no, I didn't even see a wallet. She said, that's fine that's why we have cameras to see what happened. I said that's fine. I didn't take anything. I do not steal and I don't like you accusing me a taking something. As soon as I got off the phone, the lady that was checking in while we were waiting in line to get our keys re-keyed, saw me and got out of the car yelling at me and cussing saying that, " I took her got damn wallet and that I needed to give her the wallet back. She said that the front desk clerk, Angela said she saw me take the wallet." I was sure that she did not see me take the wallet because I didn’t even see a wallet. She said she was going to call the police and I told her to call them because I didn't take anything. I proceeded to go into the restaurant to tell my mom and the lady followed me in there saying that the hotel clerk said we stole her wallet. We went back to the hotel and the hotel clerk, Angela said that they were waiting on the general manger to come so they could get the video. The lady was in your lobby yelling, screaming, cussing at me and my mother and the hotel clerk, just sat there and allowed that to happen in the establishment. My mom kept telling the hotel clerk that she needed to call the police to resolve this matter. Angela said that she was going to call the police and my mom told them to come to our room because we had to go get ready for graduation. Also, she informed us that she had no capability of reviewing the cameras, but the manager would be on their way, and no one ever showed up.

I do not appreciate being humiliated and being labeled as a thief, and I had not taken anything from anyone. I believe that the hotel representative added fuel to the fire when she made the accusations “that I saw her take the wallet.” This is very serious and could have caused someone to get injured behind false accusations.

We didn't have time for all of this nonsense and foolishness because we had to leaving for my sisters graduation.

My mom had to go back downstairs and the front desk lady, Angela apologized and said that she didn't see us take the wallet and remembered that we were nowhere near the lady. If Angela would not have accused us of "taking" the wallet then none of this would have happened.
I guarantee that I will never ever stay at any Choice Hotel if this is the way that I will be treated. We never saw Grand Prairie Police nor did we ever see a member of the management team.

The more I think about this it really infuriates me to be “lied on” and she (Angela) apologized to my mom but never to me. I believe that my family’s personal safety was jeopardized and this whole situation could have ended unfortunately. Who’s to say what state of mind this barbaric lady was in. She was pacing and it appeared that she was very upset. Most people don’t take kindly to their personal possessions being stolen, and to have someone wrongfully accused could have gotten people hurt or killed. Poor customer service on part of Angela was displayed.

I emailed the General Manager of this Comfort Suites and have yet to receive a response. I guess they don't really care about the safety of the people saying at their establishment.
When I contacted Choice Hotels to let them know about the situation, I was informed that the hotel is independently owned and operated and they couldn't do anything. Wow! I couldn't believe that. How sad. I will never stay at ANY Choice Hotel. Poor Customer Service and Management!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank travelchic06
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here for my graduation. Had two rooms in which one had to be relocated due to red substance on sheets. There was another incident where employee did not act with integrity or exhibit good customer service. Save yourself headache and travel on across the highway. Never again will I ever stay here or let any one I know stay there

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Dbuchic
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Let's start with the positives, and largely the reason that people would be reading this review.

My check-in person was fantastic. I was in much earlier than check-in time and she still found a spot for me despite the hotel being at capacity. I know that was luck, too, but the point is that the check-in person did what she could to make it happen.

The room itself was spacious and clean with good amenities. Despite being right on the freeway, it was very quiet. So quiet in fact that when I turned my A/C on, I could hear A/C from other rooms turning on. As this was disturbing, I turned my fan on, and I was essentially shut out from noises coming from the outside world.

Location is decent. It's walking distance to a few restaurants. Given that you are in the metroplex, it's certainly not close to everything, but you have to trade off whether or not it's close to the majority of the things that you want to do - and it was. It's a short drive to Cowboys Stadium and the entertainment areas in Arlington.

The breakfast was below-average but passable.

The problem with this hotel, it seems, is that should anything go wrong - will management be there to help you? I had tried to contact management prior to my arrival to find out whether or not they'd hold a package for me. No response - I eventually had to phone to find out.

Upon check-out, I find that the hotel charges a $1.50 safe fee per day. Funny thing - I didn't even know that I had a safe, and I sure as heck didn't approve being charged for it. I argued this after check-out. The check-out person keeps me waiting for another 5 minutes as she fiddles with the computer, only to declare that the charge "should" now be reversed. Well, it wasn't. I was actually charged again. So, now I'm contacting management and all I get back is another folio essentially confirming that I've now been double charged for what I shouldn't have been charged with in the first place.

I'm not worried - I know that I'll eventually get my money back even if I have to charge them back through my credit card company. Problem is that all of this could/should have been avoided - and regarding of eventual resolution, this is taking up my time that could be better used elsewhere. So, despite a nice room and nice location - I cannot recommend this hotel, and I personally would not stay there again. A safe charge - you've got to be kidding.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TheCann0n
Downey, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Check in was fast, rooms were very clean..breakfast was good and the kitchen staff was nice and always smiling...would like to have had the laundry facilities on my floor and they needed more than 1 washer/dryer....didn't like the location of the hotel...to many turns here and there in order to get into the hotel driveway

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family