“wonderful always”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We take our youth group to stay here often on retreats. We are always treated very kind. We are often given early check- in so kids have more time at pool. We had forgot our tax exempt card paper but the staff were so kind to offer us a form and take care of it for us.Rooms are the cleanest I have found. Some noise from trucks next door but I haven't found a quiet hotel anywhere. Noise is expected in the city. Overall great service and stay always.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kristy I, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Thank you Michael! We sure do appreciate your spectacular review!!! Have you gotten a chance to take the kids over to The Air Hogs Stadium yet? It is a really cool minor league baseball stadium that has the Wide World of Parks Kid Zone, restaurants, and a swimming pool practically on the field! Let’s not forget to mention it's only $8 per seat. Please see the front desk next time if you are interested and we will have more information available for you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Got to the hotel and Jackie the assistant manager checked us in. We arrived in the middle of a nasty storm,she ran my card three times and announced to the lobby that it was declined three times. I logged into my bank account and sure enough had a charge from the hotel. My bank automatically declined the duplicate charges. I showed the charge from LaQuinta to Jackie at which point she told me she would go ahead and check me in because I showed her the charge. How very gracious /sarcasm.
The day I checked out she ran my card again and it went through.....again. I called my bank while in the lobby and they told me that the charges had indeed gone through so I relayed the message to Jackie. After faxing documents to my bank releasing the charges she again announced to the lobby that my card had been declined and if she were me she would be looking for a new bank.
Good thing she isn't me. Banks don't just withdraw money out of customers accounts and give it to LaQuinta for no reason.
Appalling customer interaction. I can't even call it service because it was the furthest thing from it. Jackie seems to be a liability for this organization.

1  Thank MeliaBJ
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A little pricey for what we received. Our room, with a king bed and fold out couch, seemed to be a little smaller than I had experienced at other hotels. The room, general areas and pool were clean and the staff friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kristy I, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy that the family enjoyed our hotel. We normally try to suggest the two room suite for parents traveling with their children. For a small fee you can upgrade to this suite, which includes a separate living room with its own TV for the kids and a door that separates the king bedroom that has its own TV for the adults. It is similar to a one bed apartment. Maybe you would find this more accommodating. Sure do hope to see you all again in the future!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was very clean with an elegant atmosphere. We checked in pretty late but the person at the main desk was pleasant and very helpful. He even gave us info on places to eat that time of night. Breakfast was delicious. The kids were excited about the Texas shaped waffles. The room and bathroom was gorgeous!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kristy I, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Wow! Thank you for your fabulous review!!!! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family on your road trip. Traveling can be hard, especially when you are unfamiliar with the area. Our staff is trained with vast knowledge of DFW to ease these difficulties and to help provide you with the most enjoyable and memorable experience while in town. I can’t wait to tell our staff about the great job we did while you all were here with us! Hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel was very nice and clean. Great central location! It has great and easy access to to the Interstate 20. Walmart and restaurants close and also only about 10 minutes away from MANY things in Arlington.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kristy I, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for the fabulous review! Yes, we are very close to all kinds of shopping, dining, recreational parks, and much, much, more! Also, we are only 30 minutes away from downtown Fort Worth and Dallas where the possibilities are endless. Next time you are here stop by the front desk and we would be more than happy to help you plan a day on the town.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were never told when we made the reservations that every room is pet friendly! Quickly found out after allergys/asthma became a problem very quickly. I am highly allergic to cats, had to check out 2 days early, and find another hotel with availability. Staff gave us a 20.00 discount on the room, what?? that did nothing for helping us, we had to use inhalers just to get thru the night to check out in the am. Also, pool out of order, were not told when we checked in. There was just a sign on the gate, Come on now, its texas, pools are an essential!!! Horrible stay, will never stay there again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kristy I, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Good morning, I am so sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. Please except my condolences. We do appreciate your feedback and hope that you are willing to give us another try next time you are in town. I will personally make sure you have a room that you are comfortable in. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was very pleased with my stay overall. Bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Pet friendly was a big plus. Breakfast was okay a little room for improvement there but other than that I was thoroughly pleased with my stay. Hotel was right off of I-20.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Grand Prairie, Texas! If you get a chance, the next time you are visiting our La Quinta, stop by the front desk and take a look at our new Doggie Friendly Dallas booklet. You would be surprised all the places that welcome our little furry friends! We are looking forward to your next stay with us and thank you for your kind review!