“Great place, a few amenities were misleading. ”

Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Lubbock, Texas
“Great place, a few amenities were misleading. ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights. The hotel was completely full when we were there, but the experience was good. We always love the setup of Hyatt Place rooms. Nice rooms, pool, etc. There are not bathtubs in the room, nor was there a sink in the "wet bar" as listed on their website. This was an issue for my sister with 2 small children needing to give baths and wash bottles. Lots of people were complaining when we would walk through the lobby, even some screaming matches between guests and the front desk workers, but we didn't experience problems. There were a lot of baseball parents and dance moms that were drinking and one group had a full-on tented BBQ gathering in the parking lot. The pool area could use some new umbrellas, as there is only one. We skipped the breakfast buffet most days, as the food was no good. My daughter did enjoy a few cupcakes,
though. We would stay again, but I wouldn't pay over $120 a night. Oh, and booking through the hotel gets you the best rate. We paid $107 through the hotel and $120 through hotels.com.

Stayed July 2014
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I'm glad that you had a positive experience during your extended stay. Yes, the teams can sometimes be a little overwhelming but we have a great staff and overall everyone seemed to have a good time. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our stay - as a group we had approximately 15 rooms - was riddled with poor management, unfulfilled promises, and multiple mishaps. A sampling of the worst problems: insufficient parking such that we were told at midnight to park at a nearby sketchy bar but warned to not leave valuables in the car; broken down ice machines and air conditioners; insufficient towels at the pool and in the rooms; zero flexibility in giving us rooms near others in our group; a visible and growing wet spot on the floor of one room; visible vomit on the wall in the hallway (4th floor); guests were initially given keys to an already occupied room and walked in on a family; and a maintenance man who was caught lounging on the bed and charged a movie to the room. The advertised "24/7" hotel dining was a joke - food is about like you'd get at a concession stand at a little league game and took over an hour to be delivered. The bright spot was the weekday breakfast that included good egg, spinach and cheese breakfast sandwiches. Unfortunately, the weekend breakfast of powdered eggs and frozen pancakes was much less appetizing and healthy. The worst thing about all of this was that the staff was of little help and told guests the General Manager is only available Monday-Friday during business hours. I ended up calling the 1-800 Hyatt number to solve the parking problem, as I was not going to park in a dangerous bar parking lot late at night when the hotel has an empty circle drive. The hotel staff initially told me if I parked in the circle drive (even off to the side, not blocking it) I would be towed. After contacting corporate, they changed their mind and allowed me to park there, but the bottom-line is: they don't have enough parking when the hotel is full. There are tons of hotels in this area - I recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank EricKN2720
Thank you for your comments. I am very sory that your stay was not a good one. We pride ourselves in our Customer Service and our Cleanliness and usually have very high scores in those areas. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had a chance to spend several nights at this hotel. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The location was convenient to the major attractions. The one complaint that I had was that in the four nights I stayed at the hotel the TV continued to pixilate and cut in and out, even after they looked at the TV several times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Angie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to your next visit with us. I have also forwarded your TV comments to our maintenance department.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

First, I always lurk but never write reviews. I felt the need to on this occasion. We came into town because of an unfortunate health matter with a friend. Our flight arrived very early and we needed a room to rest. Chris, front desk, was very helpful and accommodating. It didn't stop there. He continued to help over the weekend. It was extremely busy but he always had a smile on his face. GREAT complimentary breakfast, spacious rooms and we couldn't hear the outside noise. Will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ian M
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. I'm so glad that Chris made your stay more enjoyable during an unfortunate trip. We have a fantastic staff and I will certainly pass on your nice comments. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary Hot Skillet Breakfast as well. We certainly hope to see you again soon.
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious. When we arrived we requested a room on the upper floor so we could have a view of AT&T stadium. The location was only 5-6 minutes away from all the stadiums and great restaurants.

Staff was very kind and helpful. Breakfast was very satisfying and I liked that it was also healthy! One morning they ran out of coffee and the staff overheard me asking for more coffee and brewed fresh Starbucks for me and my husband. There was great customer service at this hotel.

The pool area was very clean and the perfect temperature. The workout room was ok, nothing to write home about. I would defiantly stay at a Hyatt Place again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for the nice comments. We are thrilled that your recent stay with us went well and I will definitely share your comments with our staff. Having healthy options at breakfast is a Hyatt Place "plus" and we have a great variety. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
NJ
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with two small children (5 and 14 months). We checked in after 8 pm and we're still able to get a pack and play for the baby even though housekeeping had left for the night. Service was great. Housekeeping always did a thorough job. The pool was nice and clean. They even had pool towels there. The free breakfast was always good and included cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, 2 hot egg sandwich options and then either pancakes or waffles. Hotel was not super crowded and was quiet in the evening. Beds were not super comfortable but horrible either. Bathroom was nothing special but fine. Refrigerator in room was a definite plus. A microwave anywhere in the hotel would have been a welcomed option for us but we could not find one. The AC unit is pretty loud when on but we didn't mind the white noise. If you are a light sleeper this might bother you. Overall, good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank Nicole.1976
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I will pass on the positive comments to our staff. I'm glad you were able to experience our great hot skillet breakfast. We hope to see you again on your next trip.
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed for one night over the weekend. We came into town to attend an event. Apparently the hotel was sold out and had ALOT of various kids sports teams in town playing various tournaments. Kids (high school aged) were out in the halls talking, cutting up, slamming doors, etc. after 11:00 at night. My husband asked them to quiet down or go into a room and out of the hallway but they just mocked him. He went downstairs to talk to the manager and the sold out hotel had one person on duty that he had to hunt down. Probably not the smartest staffing move. Gave up on breakfast the next morning because there were a lot of dirty tables and nobody busing the left behind dishes. Again I think it was a staffing issue. Normally Hyatt Place is a "go to" property for us however, this is one location we probably won't go to again. They have redone the bathrooms in the rooms with king beds to be walk in showers with no tub. Fortunately we didn't have small kids that needed a tub and nobody told us about the change. The drain in the shower was very slow so could have acted as a tub if needed in our particular room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. While we do have a "Silence Is Golden" policy when we have groups in house, sometimes some of the guest don't abide by the policy as much as we would hope. I will definitely address the staffing issues and we hope you will give us another try on your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Prairie
Hilton Arlington
Hilton Arlington
#1 of 62 in Arlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,153 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!