“Family environment” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Family environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I eat there often. Love there family owned atmosphere and special offers each day of the week. We also make sure we have the same waiter each time and have developed a great relationship with him.

Visited February 2014

Grand Prairie, Texas
“Found”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been going to Beto's for several years. I am a pretty picky eater, so they have passed the test with their nachos, quesodillas, salads, enchiladas, and fajitas. I am a beef person, so their beef fajita's have always been good. Yesterday, I ordered my fajita quesodillas for lunch. They were very tasty. I always get a salad instead of the beans and rice and it was good too. The chips are always crisp and the salsa was hot, but tasted great. I had three servings of salsa with my chips and the meal. I usually have the same waiter, Ernie. He remembers what I like to order and is very good about taking care of our table.

Yesterday was different. I left behind a deposit that fell out of my purse when getting ready to pay the check. When Ernie was sweeping up that evening, he found the deposit and returned it to my home which was on the other side of town. He didn't have to do that, but he did because he is a good person and a great waiter. I have always liked Ernie, but I even have more respect for him than ever before. I made sure that his boss knew that he did this great service for me.

I recommend Beto's. The food is good, the service is good, and you can trust the people that are serving you.

• Visited January 2014
Arlington, TX
“Pleasantly Surprised with Our First Visit to Beto's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Wife and I stopped in here a few days ago for dinner and drinks. Neither of us had ever stepped foot inside a Beto's, but it looked nice. Oddly enough, the front door is not clearly marked. Between the color scheme and the font choice, the menu was a bit hard-to-read but pretty much had "the usual" Tex-Mex selections (nachos, fajitas, enchiladas, flautas, etc.).

Wife ordered combo fajitas and really liked the beef. I helped with the chicken and thought it was pretty good but ordered the meat and guacamole nachos for my meal. While the nachos weren't individual chips, they weren't quite piled either—sort of a mix between the two as they were well spread-out on a huge plate. The guac was served in the middle of the nachos, not distributed, i.e. "flung," all over the place (like Pulidos does theirs, for instance). Still, they were good and it was plenty of food to say the least!

They have the typical Mexican restaurant happy hour that only incudes margaritas and domestic beer...or at least that's what they said. However, when I ordered a Crown on the rocks, it came out for $3. I don't know if they have unadvertised specials or if our waiter didn't know what all was on their regular happy hour, but $3 for Crown is practically unheard of these days. It was a good size, too!

All in all, I think we were both pleasantly surprised by our visit and will likely go back again at some point.

• Visited December 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Decent Mexican Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went there after my better half bought a groupon. The El Acapulco wasn't too sweet, so points there. I should have stuck to the fried chimichanga instead went for a grilled one. Wasn't out of this world.. decent.
Service was good and the interiors reminded me of Rosa's. All said and done, I didn't see anything special to go back.

Visited November 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Not going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Food was not good, quesadillas were cold, service not good. Had a difficult time getting our check. We won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013