Stayed one night at this Hilton property. I was in North Arlington/Grand Prairie and just needed a central location for this area of DFW.
First, hotel location was excellent. If you are needing to go to Cowboys Stadium, Rangers Ballpark, or Six Flags - then this is THE place for convenience! Even better, the price. Think I paid $89 for the night, which considering the area, it was pretty good. However, this is an older property - much older. You can definitely tell that management has given this old gal a May Kay makeover, when it really needed a Heidi Montag facelift. Don't get me wrong, place is still 'ok'. Fresh coat of paint/wall paper, new furnishings, linens, etc. However, it's obvious that all of these things are purely cosmetic. Various areas in the room, especially in the bathroom, show age (i.e. fixtures). Some of the repairs or updates to the room were really noticeable. However, that didn't bother me so much as overall; they did appear to be clean and tidy.
With all that said, the staff was welcoming and friendly, and helpful with directions in the area. Several restaurants not too far away and within a few minutes’ drive. Didn't check out the "gym", and not sure if they even have a swimming pool or not. Internet service didn't work on my laptop, but my phone connected right away - so, can't fault the hotel for that. Breakfast was really great! Eggs appeared to be fresh, not instant. Fruit and other continental items also appeared to be fresh and new, not like they've been stored for months prior to being served to guests. Beds are comfy with clean linens - no stains that I noticed!
All-in-all, this was a solid "good/average" hotel for the price. I'll give it 3 out of 5 due to the age, and minor issues with the visually aesthetic (lack of) room quality; but would definitely stay here again and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-DFW-Six Flags is perfectly situated near popular attractions like Hurricane Harbor, Globe Life Park and AT&T Stadium (formerly Cowboys Stadium). After a busy day relax and enjoy world-class service, complimentary WiFi, a business center, our refreshing pool and free hot breakfast daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Dallas/Arlington (Six Flags) Hotel Grand Prairie
- Hampton Inn Dallas/Arlington (6 Flags)
- Hampton Inn Grand Prairie
- Grand Prairie Hampton Inn