“Great Staff, Nice Hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Jefferson, South Dakota
“Great Staff, Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few days while on business. Hotel is definately showing its age, but don't let that scare you away. The staff at this hotel is outstanding! They have got customer service skills! Airport shuttle driver was extremely friendly as well, and was at DFW within 15 minutes of our call! Hotel is in what looks to be a "sketchy" neighborhood, especially at night, so request a 2nd or 3rd floor room, if possible. The pool is outside, but it was actually clean; unlike most outdoor pools. When I am back in the south DFW area again, I will definately be staying here! Also, a huge thank you to the all the staff here for making my stay pleasant!

Room Tip: Request a room on 2nd or 3rd floor for peace of mind. Rooms facing north have an amazing view of pla...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I was pleased with this location and overall had a very nice stay. The staff was friendly and the room clean. The renovations were nice, I just would have liked better outlets closer to the bed. And the HVAC was a little tricky. I was here on business and would stay again for work or with my family.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Very nice property - well maintained and convenient to DFW airport. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, property overall was fine. Highly recommended. Will stay here again on future trips to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This Hampton is getting up there in age. They are working on it: painting, re-carpeting, and putting in flat screens, but the rooms are still old-fashioned. The staff is friendly, and the breakfasts are good. It is a little cheaper than the newer Hamptons, and I would say if you get a good deal, this is an OK hotel. For a few extra bucks, and a better location, though, I usually stay at the newer Hampton in N Arlington.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Located half way between the airport and Six Flags / The Ballpark / Jerry's World. You would think this would be a prime location for a new Hampton Inn. This one is in need of a makeover. Popcorn ceiling, cracks in the walls, small bathroom, tricky AC. Not a good representation of the brand. The desk clerk was nice and helpful but this hotel needs some work. With plenty of options surrounding here I will try something else on my next visit. Was planning to park here and shuttle to the airport but I will pay the DFW parking fee. Not so sure about the security here. Dark parking lot and questionable area.

Room Tip: Try something else.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Victor R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our property. We are currently in plans to start renovations shortly and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Grand Prairie.
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night. The hotel seems tired and in need of some fresh paint and decor. The area was a little spooky and I felt uneasy about leaving my car in the parking lot. It is very close to DFW and Six Flags. I felt this hotel barely met Hilton standards that's am used to.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Victor R, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
I woudl like to thank you for taking the time to write the feedback on your stay. We have plans to start renovations soon and would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Grand Prairie.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This was by far the worst Hilton property we have stayed at. The location was convenient for Six Flags, and that is really the only good thing we have to say abut it. When we walked into our room it had a terrible musty smell. The room itself was tiny. It had 2 double beds (for 4 of us) and we were tripping all over each other. We called the front desk to get an extra blanket, and my son was asked to come down himself to get it. Between the heavily accented English by the front desk clerk and his surprise, he responded with "What?" and the guy then said "never mind, I will bring it it to your room". I have never been in a hotel that wasn't happy to bring you extra blankets, towels, etc.

The parking was not sufficient for the capacity of the hotel. We had to park overnight at the IHOP across the parking lot, which didn't feel particularly safe. The breakfast room was not sufficient for the capacity either. We had to stand around a few minutes before we were able to find a table and get our food. Nobody was wiping down tables, so I asked a lady that was bringing out food. She looked shocked that I asked her to wipe off the table with her rag.

The icing on the cake for us however, was when we were getting ready to go to bed. Imagine our surprise when we saw one of the biggest ROACHES we have ever seen! (The saying is true, things are bigger in Texas!) I have been in Motel 6's that were more comfortable and clean than this Hampton. Very disappointing for a Hilton property and we most definitely would not stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. There are plenty of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Victor R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thanks for the feedback on your stay,we will start renovations soon and we would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Grand Prairie.