“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a nice hotel at a moderate price in a good location. It was quiet, comfortable and clean. They offer free internet, or a faster speed if you'd like to pay more. Login was quick and easy, too. The rest is to meet the minimum 200 character requirement. Why waste my time with that TripAdvisor when I can say this is a good hotel to stay at in fewer characters? Is more better?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

A very professional personable hotel setting! Perfectly located near freeway and plenty of local eateries. Very easy access to where you need to be. Very clean and always smelled fresh. The rooms were very comfortable and relaxing nice and quiet producing a peaceful sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The staff at this location is top notch. They are very courteous and attentive. The hotel could however stand some updates and a refresh. It is a very dated and overused looking location. Also, the hotel is difficult to get into; if you are coming from the Irving area, you have to pass the hotel and turn around because it's entrance is on a one-way street. The breakfast was lackluster at best but the area was clean and maintained. I went down pretty close to the end of breakfast and everything was stocked. While I was there, the breakfast area was freezing because it's right by the entrance so the doors are constantly opening and closing. The business center has 1 computer, 1 desk, and 1 printer. I had to come back 3 times before being able to print out my airline ticket but once I was able to use it, everything worked quickly and seamlessly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Hugo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff is extemely nice and helpful. Hotel always smelled very clean. Ihop located right beside the hotel gives a discount to people staying at the hotel. All in all, great experience and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Diamond status therefore I stay at a fair amount of Hilton properties. This is at least a few notches below HI standard. I knew what I was getting into when I drove up and the big hotel sign had some lights out. It was downhill from there. More on par with a Super 8.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lubbock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Older property near our daughter and family, easily accessed on SH360. Staff uniformly pleasant and helpful, but there were several age related problems with bath and equipment, readily addressed by staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Texarkana, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable check-out experience at this Hampton Inn.

I had to check-out at 4:30 AM to catch a 6:30 AM flight at DFW. I arrived at the desk - no one to be seen. I spoke up; "Helllooo!". Nothing. I looked for a door to access the office behind the desk - no luck as it was locked.

Here I was, ready to go, short on time and needing to verify check-out. No one to help

The decision was made, I would telephone the very Hampton I was standing in, from in front of the desk. My hope was that someone would answer. It worked! A young lady answered by saying "I'll be out in a second." and then promptly hung up. And then, viola! The door behind the desk opened and there she was, ready to assist.

Interestingly Monica had created a cozy sleep room out of the back office. She left the door open just long enough for me to see her very nice digs. A stack of duvets served as a bed on the floor of the office. Quaint really. And also reflective of terribly sloppy management. I needed service and the on-duty clerk was sleeping the night away on the office floor. Who is running this place and checking on the staff?

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Khalid Y, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear John M,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. I'm so sorry to hear about your incident. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally standards. I have passed your comments along to our front desk staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Best regards,
Blue Cypress Hotel
Blue Cypress Hotel
#14 of 61 in Arlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Arlington DFW South

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!