“Be Aware of Unexplained Charges!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Spring Hill, United States
“Be Aware of Unexplained Charges!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a room that we paid cash for, and on top of paying in full with cash, our credit card was charged over $100, and our debit card had 3 separate charges for over $1,000 (Yes, that's One Thousand!). They did end up crediting all those charges back, after several conversations with the front desk and management. AC unit broke in the middle of night, and toilet was extremely loud, and woke us up multiple times throughout the night. Needless to say, we will NEVER return to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Dustin G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful professional. However the hotel itself is dated. My room did not have a microwave/refrigerator. Also, no convenient plug-ins for laptops and cellphones. Breakfast was good, not great. The location is just off Hwy. 360.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Bemidji, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was clean, staff very helpful but the price is too high for the quality of the rooms and the outdated it is.so keep looking for something else that totally match with your requirements. it works being close to the airport but nothing else, you could get better hotels

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We only used this room really to sleep in. We took in a game at the Rangers stadium that evening. The room was paid for well in advance, almost 2months prior. I thought we were checked in fine, until we went to leave and I was told my card showed insufficient funds & they asked for another one. It was stressful. Ended up it had just been processed incorrectly at check-in, but it was not able to be resolved until we checked out. I received a letter under the door which I woke up to, stating that I needed to come to the desk because I owed a large sum...really? Looking back I fear they would have charged me the room again, which would have taken days to reverse back off my credit card.
So it really just made me want to leave even faster. We didn't even take part in breakfast.
The room was INCREDIBLY small. I felt very cramped. The room did not seem clean either, the bed was lumpy, and you could run into the standing closet at the foot of the bed too easily. It was just so small, I felt like the walls were closing in on us.
That along with the card fiasco I'd be reluctant to return.
We do have another game to go to in September, and I'd prefer to use this hotel as it is such an easy distance and I prefer to stay in the Hilton family, also the price for the area is decent. But I'm just not sure about that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Khalid Y, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
CrystayW
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,
Khalid Yanouri
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We selected this hotel for it's proximity to the Rangers ballpark & AT&T stadium. Needless to say, it was a pleasant stay! We were kinda skeptical at first, considering all the bad reviews but we decided to try it anyway. Glad we did! We did notice the slight scent of smoke in the halls but nothing too overwhelming. It did not smell like smoke in our room on the 3rd floor.
The staff was also pleasant and very attentive to our requests. If we are ever in the DFW area, we would definitely consider staying here ag

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Laguna Hills, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice, clean and comfortable room. Although hotel is older, but to me it is the quality of the room that counts. Very professional and friendly staff. Love the complimentary breakfast. Different hot items were served during the 4 days I was there. Close to Six Flags and Cowboy stadium. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Belton, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. Overall the property was clean, if a bit run down. The hot breakfast is great, and the wifi works well. My biggest complaint was that our room did not have a mini fridge or microwave. It was a good place for our purposes, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want the hotel to be part of your travel experience. This would be a great hotel for someone traveling on business or for vacation that just needs a clean and comfortable roof over their head.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington
Blue Cypress Hotel
Blue Cypress Hotel
#14 of 62 in Arlington

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!