The Ranch is an easy drive from the Dallas area. Signs are well place directing you to the Ranch and when you arrive to the check-in area.
The grounds are well kept and the area is very scenic.
In talking to some of the folks there, several had come for the day for some of the activities and were not staying over night.
We were originally in the Kennedy room (see pictures). The A/C was not working and Tracie (manager) quickly came to our room to help and when she could not quickly fix it, she immediately moved us to a suite. I was impressed with her service attitude!
The Kennedy is a quaint room with a 4 post bed. The room does not have any windows so it is probably great for those that want a good night's sleep without the sun waking you up in the morning.
The suite was a two bedroom/two bath set up. Very nice. It looks like it could sleep 8 with two beds and two sofa beds.
Interesting was there are no closets. There are hooks in the bathrooms. Probably not a big deal as most folks probably only stay one or two nights.
When we checked in I asked about making spa appointments and was informed those have to be made at least 24 hours ahead. That was disappointing as we came to relax and a nice massage would have been nice.
Then I asked about signing up for the ATV tour of the ranch. Again, was informed I needed to have made the reservations at least 24 hours head.
I did not bring my fishing gear since the web site said they had rods and reels. Well, again, no fishing gear. However, again Tracie stepped up and offered her son's fishing gear to us. I appreciate her trying to take care of us.
Fortunately, I did make prior reservations for the horseback riding. The horses were in good shape and all handled well. There are two guides that go with the group. One in the front and one bringing up the rear. The ride is an hour trail ride that takes you through the grazing long horn cattle and some of the ranch land. While the ride was fun, it would have been nice for the guides to tell a little about the ranch, the livestock and perhaps activities available. While they did keep an eye on everyone, they were both on their cell phones talking or texting most of the time. Both were very helpful in getting the folks on and off the horses and were very courteous.
After the horseback ride, we thought it would be fun to rent a golf cart an tour the property on our own. When we checked in we were told the carts were $10/hour.
When we went to rent one, the 5 working carts had been rented out at $35/day and there were not any available since one had a flat tire and the other would not turn on. We opted to just drive our car through the property. This was fine, but the cart would have been fun,
There was a wedding in the late afternoon and the Grandview High School prom was held there that night.
The dinner choices were a BBQ buffet or you could order off the menu. We were told by a staff member that the BBQ buffet was much better than anything on the menu. So, we went with the BBQ.
The wedding party also was going through the BBQ buffet, but the line moved pretty well. There was BBQ brisket, sausage and chicken. I like BBQ, but the brisket had a lot of fat, the sausage was ok and the chicken was good. I was surprised there was no desert available. With BBQ, there should be some peach cobble and ice cream!!
In fairness, we did not go to the ranch for the food.
Since we were by ourselves, there really was nothing to do after dinner, so we drove to Burleson and saw a movie and got some fast food since we were still hungry.
The next morning we went to breakfast around 8:30am and everyone else had already gone, so we had the entire breakfast barn to ourselves.
The breakfast is a buffet of scrambled eggs, links, sausage, bacon, potatoes and biscuits. No complaints about the breakfast, it hit the spot.
Overall, this is a nice place for a short get-a-way. Be sure to plan your activities in advance and remember this is not a gourmet place to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This guest ranch includes several different configurations of rooms. It is very unique and cannot be compared to a hotel or a regular dude ranch. It is best to arrange your activities before you arrive, because the activities book weeks in advance. This is a Texas experience. Each Friday and Saturday night we have public meals that include music suitable for dancing. Locals and ranch guests attend. The meals are comfort food served buffet style. We offer ATV tours, Zip lines, Archery, Sporting Clays, Trail Rides, Cattle herding and Roping Lessons. Most of the staff has worked for the ranch for many years. Cowboys are an exception. They like to move around. All of the staff loves the ranch and wants you as a guest to feel the same. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Beaumont Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont Ranch Hotel Grandview
- Beaumont Ranch Texas/Grandview