I stayed her recently as the guest of a client, and the hotel is proof that everything is bigger in Texas! The grounds and hotel are enormous, the rooms are quite large, the indoor pool and fitness center are both excellent, and there are multiple conference rooms ranging from small seminar rooms to enormous ballrooms available for meetings. I can't speak to cost or value, as I wasn't paying for the hotel room myself, but I do have a few other thoughts:
1. There were no issues with the AV or internet services while there, which made for a smooth meeting. Wireless is available in many spots throughout the hotel. Wireless connections in the rooms are less than $10/day.
2. The airport shuttle was very convenient and the driver tells you about all the facilities and activities open to you, which include horseback riding, fishing in the private pond (no permit required), and tennis lessons. The outdoor pool overlooks the private lake and is a lovely area in which to relax.
3. The food, in general, was excellent - I ordered room service, dined at Bonnie & Clyde's restaurants, and had several catered meals while there. Room service is extremely prompt, and the service I received from every employee was impeccable.
4. The closet space and bathrooms in the rooms are small, but the rooms themselves are large and airy, with ample desk and table space.
A few quibbles:
1. The business center is not open on weekends, which is odd for a hotel that hosts conferences on weekends. There is a small cyber-cafe where you can connect to the internet to print materials (and the concierge will print your boarding pass for you), but this hotel should really have a larger business center with more hours.
2. The gift shop should have been better stocked to meet the needs of all travelers (with respect to medications, food, magazines, etc) rather than having most of the space taken up with tennis and other exercise apparel.
3. Thanks to the design of the hotel, some rooms have very small windows, so if you want a lot of natural light, you may have to request that.
In general, though, this is one of the best business hotels at which I've ever stayed, and the staff were impeccable in addressing the needs of the guests and the conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not your average DFW Airport hotel. Hilton DFW Lakes is a welcome respite from the traditional Dallas / Fort Worth hotels. Discover a spectacular retreat for work and play at our Grapevine hotel. From jogging trails and tennis courts to first-class venues for executive retreats, we've got it all on 40 lushly landscaped, lakeside acres. Our award-winning Dallas Fort Worth hotel resort features a refreshing blend of spacious accommodations, limitless recreation, and unmatched conference facilities. So relax and set your own pace. Whether you're looking to escape, connect, or meet somewhere in between, our Grapevine hotel makes it easy with its ideal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dfw Lakes Executive Hotel Grapevine
- Hilton Hotel Grapevine
- Hilton Grapevine
- Grapevine Hilton
- Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center Grapevine, Texas