“Very pleasant”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
San Antonio, United States
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Our accommodations were very comfortable. The lobby was very beautiful. The staff was very polite and helpful with any questions and concerns that we had. The breakfast was delicious! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The pool was clean and there was an ample supply of clean towels supplied by the staff. The room was clean with nice fluffy oversized bath towels and a clean bathtub and sink. The air conditioner was in good working order and was quiet. It was also very simple to change the temperature to our personal liking. The room was not extremely spacious but very adequate for two people. The bathroom was roomy and clean. The tv, hair dryer and refrigerator were all in good working order. The one thing that was missing that I would have enjoyed having was a microwave oven. Other than that our experience with this Hilton Hotel could not have been better.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Julie,

We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks! As noted, we have a variety of offerings on property and our staff strives to deliver exceptional service to every guest. We will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you, and do come visit us again.

Steve Haley, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stay frequently in Dallas for business, and am a HHonors Diamond member, but this was my first stay at this hotel. My reservation was for a single night only, but I found it restful and relaxing while I was there.

Check-in was easy and accommodating. The room was well configured, comfortable, and up to date. I especially appreciated that the air conditioning did not blow straight onto the bed, which is a common configuration elsewhere and can dry out my sinuses. The bathroom was similarly well appointed with a glass enclosed shower, which I like. The executive lounge was closed since it was Friday, so I can't speak to its service, but it looked nice. The rooms and halls were quiet.

Overall, this was a nice place to stay, and I will add it to my list for when I am in the area. It was one of those rare places that made you feel good for just being there, without being over the top about it.

Ryan,

We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience for your first time at our property. You'll have to come back during the week sometime to visit our Concierge Lounge! We hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My recent visit was adventous, there were several major events going on at the same time at this hotel which caused us to have to wait 1 hours for our room to be ready to checkin, but overall I must stay I love this hotel and the overall service there

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear 2leelee,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the overall service at our property. We apologize for the delay you experienced while checking into your room. Thanks for understanding and please let us know how we may serve you again in the future!

Kindest regards,
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room was awesome and very clean. The bar downstairs opened my bottle of wine since I forgot my corkscrew. Great service! The staff was amazing and friendly. Everyone had a smile, from the bellhop at the front, to the concierge to the front desk staff. Overall an amazing weekend.

Room Tip: corner suite was south tower was nice but a little close to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ShawnG4,

Thank you for rating our service highly! We are very proud of our entire team and are pleased to know that their efforts helped to provide all that you needed for a weekend getaway.

Kindest regards,
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Poor Customer Service, Poor Utility Maintenance, Noise in the hallways. The food service was slow and the food staff was very uncaring. In light of the cost for stay we expected the room and hotel service to be much better. The staff did not extend themselves to resolve reservation issues. the room air conditioner was in poor condition and very very noisy. The hotel staff was alerted about noise in the halls but nothing was done to resolve it.

Dear Reginald J,

Thank you for the feedback; we take our clientele’s comments very seriously and appreciate the opportunity to evaluate our operations and make any necessary adjustments to our service.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at the DFW HIlton for a two nights. The hotel was extrmemly busy but we were immediatly greeted as we walked in. The hotel is older but rooms and facilities well kept. The hotel is older but well kept and great staff. We had an excellent time hanging out at Bonnie and Clydes. The hottub was nice but you do feel like you are on exhibit with all the glass windows. OVerall, great stay and highly recommend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2013

After having been left at the airport by the shuttle driver, I called the hotel to come back and pick me up. Eventually after an hour I made it to the hotel. And immediately I was in a bad mood. One of the hotel staff overheard my griping to a colleague about how long it took to arrive at the hotel. She pulled me aside, apologized, and upgraded me to probably the nicest room I've ever been in my life. Kim was her name. And from that point on I could not help but notice how extraordinary the staff was. We were therefore conference and the rooms were great. The food in the restaurant had a wide variety but frankly didn't taste very good. sorry to complain. I highly recommend this hotel especially for companies that are hosting small to medium-size conferences. And ask for Kim a check in.

• Stayed October 2013