“Wow! Sets the standard for customer service, very nice stay!”

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Texas
“Wow! Sets the standard for customer service, very nice stay!”
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My 2 young children and I stayed here for a couple of nights just for fun and it was a great experience! I was so surprised and impressed by the consistency of the high standard of customer service at this hotel. Every single person I came into contact with at the hotel had a genuine smile on their face, spoke in a pleasant tone and not only helped with anything we needed, but I felt they went the extra mile to ensure our needs were met. It's amazing how the 1st impression begins with the first person you see - in this case, it was 2 guys who held the door open for us as we walked in - very friendly and happy. The next person was the man at the front desk - absolutely a pleasure and very kind to my children too. The room was very nice - very comfortable beds, great bedding, very pleasant temperature - loved the TV and super long desk (?) table. The reclining leather chair was soooooo comfortable! The room was spacious enough to meet our needs - bathroom was a bit tight but definitely no complaints - just a tiny bit difficult to bathe my kids but not a big deal. We ordered room service our first night and once again, I was so impressed with the level of customer service - the person who took my order was great - very courteous and patient - she gave an estimated time of 35 minutes but said they'd try to get it sooner - sure enough, in about 20 minutes, another very pleasant and customer service oriented staff member knocked on our door and had every single thing we could possibly need (it is SOO annoying when something is missing, especially condiments). They even had a very pretty bright orange gerber daisy in a small vase on the tray for us. Within 5 minutes, we had a call from the person who took our order just to make sure everything was ok. We used the indoor pool the first night we were there - it was fabulous! The water was a great temperature (warm) and it was very clean...it wasn't overly hot or humid in the indoor area either (not sure how they manage that with an indoor pool). The furniture is really nice - the hot tub was clean (and very hot!). We used the outdoor pool the next day - beautiful view as you swim or sit in the sun (there's even a small place in the pool area to get something to drink and eat). We didn't use the tennis courts but saw lots of people using them throughout our stay - they looked really nice. There was ample self parking very near the hotel, well lit safe parking lot. It seemed like they thought of absolutely everything to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable and feel like a real get-away which was exactly what we were looking for. The best part to me though was feeling as though everyone I came into contact there cared about making sure our stay there was a fabulous experience. There is obviously a great deal of attention and focus spent on customer service and it certainly sets them apart from other hotels I've stayed at. Thank you Hilton DFW Lakes!!!

*Also wanted to mention the location is perfect! Very close to tons of restaurants, a movie theater/mall, the airport, and Grapevine, TX which has a quaint downtown with shops & restaurants.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We got stranded at DFW and booked this hotel at the last minute. $199 for a Saturday night seemed high, but we were too tired to argue. The room was quiet and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, except for a grim-faced lady in the breakfast restaurant. I think she may be incapable of smiling. They have a free airport shuttle.

Only compaints: There are no towel bars in the bathroom making it an interesting decision where to leave your wet towel. The shower has only one fixed glass panel so to turn on the water you must enter the shower and suffer the blasts of water at whatever temperature comes out until you get it adjusted.

There was only one bar/restaurant open for dinner and it has a very limited menu. Unless you have a car, you are pretty much stuck eating at the hotel because nothing else is nearby. There are more restaurants at the hotel, but none of them was open.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
orlando, fl
Reviewed 27 April 2009

This hotel was the best stay I've had in an American hotel. Spotless room, superior housekeeping staff, and outstanding food. It is obvious that excellent service and client comfort are the #1 priority at this hotel. I stayed a week for a seminar, and didn't have a single complaint. They take care of you! If you don't have a big appetite, though, be forewarned that their portions are huge. I didn't finish everything, but didn't mind because the quality was so good. Great location, just down the street from a big mall, next door to a ranch with horseback riding, loads of restaurants. A clean, pretty area. I will definitely be staying at Hilton Hotels from now on.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2009

Howdy Grapevine! I met up with friends in DFW and found the greatest location for a hotel. It was just minutes from the airport and they picked me up for free at 100a. Although tired when I arrived, the gentleman bringing me in from the airport, Oscar, perked me right up! He was friendly and great example of southern hospitality! My rooms was clean (most important) and nice sized. I especially liked the HD flat screen tv cuz I could see it perfectly from my cozy bed. I settled in for the night and slept surprisingly well, I love those Hilton beds! Before heading to the Galleria to meet up with friends, I ate a huge hot breakfast in the Vineyard. Some what pricey but great food none the less! And they even made me a "made to order" omelette... Yummy! Weather was great one day and rained the next but luckily my friends and I took an amazing horseback trail ride around the property! What a great time! Paid a great price and luckily cashed in on the BOGO and stayed one extra night instead of moving hotels! Great staff really made me feel welcome! I plan to stay in the spring when I return for business!

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Clean Room and Great Value
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MStillwell, Revenue Director at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 March 2009
Our team here at the Hilton DFW Lakes is extremely happy that you were more than satisfied during your recent stay with us! Thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback. We have shared all with our team members and hope to improve where we needed. Thank you again and we hope to serve you as a guest in the future! We look forward to seeing you soon!

In the Spirit of Hospitality

Melissa Stillwell
CPT_DirtyPHIL
Reviewed 1 January 2009

I actually was booked at another Hilton 10 miles down the road. Apparently the taxi company took me to the wrong hotel (something they are known for in Dallas).

Once i got to the front desk and the taxi was gone, the hitlon DFW refused to take me to another Hilton where my reservation was.

Being a GOLD Member, almost Platinum, obviously means NOTHING to this facility.

Unacceptable !!!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank CPT_DirtyPHIL
Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2008

I stayed here on Dec 27th (the lowest rate was $99) so that I could take an early morning flight from DFW. This hotel is very nice. My room was excellent. I heard very little noise in my room so I slept great.

• Liked — room and the front desk staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
OKC
Reviewed 23 October 2008

This hotel was built in the 1980's however the rooms have been very nicely updated and the furniture and furnishings were very nice. The bed was comfortable but the pillows need some help.

The grounds were beautiful, nice tennis courts. The pool was very nice and large but the hot tub was way to hot. Raquetball courts and nice gym.

I would say overall this hotel was very nice, the only problem we had was the doormen/women. All but one or two of them didn't even think about opening a door for people even when they had their hands full. I would expect more out of a 4 star hotel. The Westin DFW is excellent with this, they have the best customer service we have found so far.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Customer service by the doormen/women
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family