“Best steak ever!”

Bob's Steak and Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak and Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 247 Restaurants in Grapevine
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 114
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at many fine dining restaurants around the country however this place served me the best steak I have ever had. I prefer a well done steak and they gave me one that melted like butter in my mouth. Prices were a little on the edge of pushing it for the atmosphere provided. Felt more like a Longhorns or Texas land and cattle. It was extremely loud. We could barely hear one another talk. They charged for every Coke however they were bottle cokes. Crabcake appetizer consistented of one crab cake however it was excellent. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Went there with a group of business associates. I had the Kansas City Strip and it was very good. Very tender and good flavor. I was very impressed with their ability to cook steaks to in-between doneness. I had said that I liked my steaks cooked in between medium and medium-rare. Our server said they could do that, and that's exactly how it came out. The service overall was great. My only rub would be the selection of wine at the low-end of the price scale. For business trips I try to keep the bottle price around $50, as we typically will order several bottles. Lots of selection at $100 and well above, but only a few options at the low end. The wine we did order was great.

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

First visit to Bobs. Normally stick with more moderately priced restaurants. Excellent service, excellent food! Smoky restaurant, which surprised me, but food was delicious. Had the "tomahawk", and would get it again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Recently dined here for business meeting. Apps were good but steak was average for a fancy steak place. And when the carrot is as big as the steak something's wrong. The carrots were insanely huge. It's also very noisy and hard to hear someone right beside you. Fort Worth still has the best steak houses.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We went to Bob's on a weeknight as a group of five adults and had no trouble getting a table. We were staying at the nearby Gaylord Texan for a convention. One of our party was enthusiastic about eating here as he'd read some positive reviews of the restaurant and hyped it as the best steak house in the Dallas area. All five of us were in this part of the country for the first time, and I think were expecting an amazing culinary experience (as in "this is Texas, folks, where the beef is the best in the world"). Everyone enjoyed their meal, but it was pricey and noisy, and as another reviewer pointed out, fine dining should require some kind of decorum and dress code, otherwise it doesn't qualify. Overall a good meal, but not necessarily a must-do in Dallas area.

1  Thank Cathy D