“My new favorite hotel”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Houston
“My new favorite hotel”
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

This was our first time staying in a Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel was super clean, VERY quiet even though it's near DFW airport and convenient. Breakfast is not included, but the full buffet is worth the $9.99. And they serve Starbucks coffee!

Rooms are very clean and feature a Sleep Number type bed. Not my favorite, yet I slept like a rock.

Hotel includes a small fitness room and indoor pool. They also have a shuttle to Grapevine Mills Mall.

Staff was courteous and helpful, especially the crew working the busy breakfast buffet.

We tend to favor Hyatt Suites but based on this experience we'll be checking availability at Hilton Garden Inn next time we travel.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ILLinois
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband, and I were at a different hotel, but had to check out because they didn't have an accommodating room, and I am glad they didn't! This hotel is an absolute gem!! It is beautiful, clean, welcoming, and near a lot of different restaurants. We had to check in a little early since we were coming from a different hotel, so we were placed in a handicap accessible room on the first floor since it was all that was ready at the time, and it was huge. It had a living room area with a bathroom which had a toilet, and sink. There was also a separate bedroom which had another bathroom with a shower, toilet, sink, and whirlpool. It was very clean, and spacious...they even have beds that allow you to change the firmness of the mattress with a little dial on the side of the mattress. The room had a fridge, and microwave that worked well! As we got ready to go out to dinner I noticed a cricket in the closet. I really hate bugs, so I started to inspect the room, and there were quite a few in the room....TX seems to have an over population of them, so we went up to the front desk to request a room on a different floor. The lady at the front desk was apologetic, and quickly gave us another room on the third floor. We went up to the room, which was also a handicapped accessible room, and it was also a nice sized room....and no crickets :) needless to say that I slept like a baby that night after a great steak dinner. They have a bar, although I didn't use it, it looked great. There is also a cook to order breakfast in the AM for a fee, and my hubby said it was good. I would no doubt stay here again, and have placed this hotel on my favorites list!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Monica T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
I am personally delighted you stumbled onto our hotel! We are working on managing tighter what comes with our seasonal change in Texas and I'm thankful our front desk was able to accommodate you quickly. We hope to become your first Hotel of choice when traveling into the DFW area.
Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night for quick business trip. The shuttle picked us up quickly and the front desk got us to our rooms in no time. Breakfast at about $10 wad standard with eggs, potatoes, bacon, grits, etc and was decent. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Monica T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
We hope you took advantage of our Park and Fly available here at the HGI DFW N. Grapevine. Stay the night before your big trip and leave your automobile behind. Let the property take you and pick you up from the airport!
Texas, Gulf Coast
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

A great place to stay and relax. My wife and I were able to get away without kids for the weekend. The Hilton staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great weekend. I highly recommend the king suite with the whirlpool tub. The breakfast is cook to order and fantasti. The bacon is excellent. Ham and cheese omlett was perfect.
The complimentary shuttle service is handy. We were able to go to dinner and enjoy a few drinks with our meal and not worry about driving back.
Very comfortable beds. Super clean room and a great staff.
We will stay here again

1 Thank Danichaley
Monica T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for recognizing our breakfast as we have made changes including the bacon! We hope next time you bring the family and take advantage of Grapevine events for children and in the evening hours utilize the Play yard care center ages 1-12 yrs old next to the hotel while enjoying the night out. Again thank you for your review, We appreciate all our guest comments!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We had a suite, with a great room as advertised. My gripe would be with the restaurant, they have ZERO hospitality. Room service is adverised in the room till 10PM but at 8:50pm we were told to hurry up because they were closing. When i protested the response was a sarcastic "sorry man".

2 Thank gtate20000
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We sincerely apologize the restaurant was not open until proper closing hour and the response given at that time. I have shared this experience with the staff in the restaurant/bar so others don’t have the same lack of hospitable service. Please reach out to General Manager your next trip to the area and I would like to offer a complimentary dinner for you plus a guest.
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

Over delivered. Much nicer than expected. Good service and great value. Upgraded design, inexpensive breakfast, more design than any other garden inn. Almost makes Dallas a good place to stay. Plus they let us do a pretty late checkout!

NYC
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed at this property overnight for a business meeting. The hotel staff was completely gracious, and their van driver, Christian, drove us to lunch at a restaurant a few miles away, and picked us up afterwards, gratis. (We tipped him heavily for his great service.)
Unbeknownst to me when I made our hotel reservations, there are two Hilton Garden Inns at the DFW airport - one north, and one south - and as luck would have it, I booked our room at the one our business meeting was not at. My mistake was only discovered a short while before the meeting was to take place. The hotel staff quickly got us cab service to take us to the other property, and graciously extended our check-out time to 3 pm so we could come back, shower, change, and rest for a few minutes before our return flight home. They could not have been better!
In addition, the property was immaculate, and is maintained with obvious meticulous care.
Recommended for the business traveler without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business