This was a quick, one night stay for me during a short business trip to Grapevine. To me, Hilton Garden Inns are very consistent on virtually all levels.
Quick and expedient. My reception wasn't the friendliest check in experience every, but I had no expectations of a red carpet and trumpets upon arrival. The woman checking me in put very little effort into small talk. It was simply all business. Not great. Not bad. Just whatever.
Like most of my Garden Inn experiences, the room is clean and comfortable. I unfortunately had to work quite a bit from the hotel room and the Internet in room 203 isn't that spectacular. I can't say that it was oversaturation on the hotel's wifi or a smaller congested Internet pipe to the building. Latency was all over the board. 40-50 ms to the web sites I checked to 400+ ms. Quality of service was all over the board. Disappointing since I had to work for several hours in the room.
TV is standard TV service. I can't recall the provider, but there was a decent selection of channels. The TV does have HDMI inputs that I later took advantage of on my own movie. (Iron Man 3 sucked compared to the previous Iron Man films, btw. :)
There is only a stand up shower in the bathroom; a large, spacious stand up, mind you. A bathtub would have been preferred, however.
There are no glasses in the rooms. Only paper cups. I fully understand the logistics and cost behind glass cups vs paper cups, but drinking a whiskey and coke out of a paper cup felt rather cheap.
The AC is solid and kept the room nice and crispy all night. Also, there was very little extraneous noise from the AC. Kudos.
The doors and walls are a bit thin for my taste. I'm a light sleeper and could hear folks in the hallway and other rooms.
There's a quality breakfast offering available, but I didn't take the time during the morning of check out to partake.
Not a bad stay at all. Should I find myself in Grapevine again, I'll consider this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine hotel in Texas is close to the dining and shopping venues of historic downtown Grapevine. Let us pamper you with home-style amenities such as a hot breakfast, comfortable bed and complimentary WiFi access. Consult with our expert planners and hold a meeting, conference or event in 2,000 sq. ft. of space. Our hotel also features a 24-hour business center. Take the complimentary 24-hour shuttle to Grapevine attractions within 2 miles, including to DFW Airport every half-hour. Guests can also call to arrange pick up from airport. After sampling wines at local vineyards, for which Grapevine is named, return to the hotel for dinner at the Garden Grille. Your room features a comfortable adjustable bed, microwave and refrigerator. Wake up the next day to a cooked-to-order breakfast. Refresh yourself in the indoor saltwater pool, or work out in the 24-hour fitness center. Whether you stay here for leisure or business, you'll find the extras you want while on the road. Enjoy the wonderful amenities, ideal location and warm hospitality of our Grapevine, Texas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Dfw North Grapevine Hotel Grapevine
- Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine Texas