“Comfortable stay at another great Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was a quick, one night stay for me during a short business trip to Grapevine. To me, Hilton Garden Inns are very consistent on virtually all levels.

Check in

Quick and expedient. My reception wasn't the friendliest check in experience every, but I had no expectations of a red carpet and trumpets upon arrival. The woman checking me in put very little effort into small talk. It was simply all business. Not great. Not bad. Just whatever.

Room

Like most of my Garden Inn experiences, the room is clean and comfortable. I unfortunately had to work quite a bit from the hotel room and the Internet in room 203 isn't that spectacular. I can't say that it was oversaturation on the hotel's wifi or a smaller congested Internet pipe to the building. Latency was all over the board. 40-50 ms to the web sites I checked to 400+ ms. Quality of service was all over the board. Disappointing since I had to work for several hours in the room.

TV is standard TV service. I can't recall the provider, but there was a decent selection of channels. The TV does have HDMI inputs that I later took advantage of on my own movie. (Iron Man 3 sucked compared to the previous Iron Man films, btw. :)

There is only a stand up shower in the bathroom; a large, spacious stand up, mind you. A bathtub would have been preferred, however.

There are no glasses in the rooms. Only paper cups. I fully understand the logistics and cost behind glass cups vs paper cups, but drinking a whiskey and coke out of a paper cup felt rather cheap.

The AC is solid and kept the room nice and crispy all night. Also, there was very little extraneous noise from the AC. Kudos.

The doors and walls are a bit thin for my taste. I'm a light sleeper and could hear folks in the hallway and other rooms.

There's a quality breakfast offering available, but I didn't take the time during the morning of check out to partake.

Not a bad stay at all. Should I find myself in Grapevine again, I'll consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 201-210 are furthest from the elevator. Quite a walk to the elevator and vending area, but it...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffmikers

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The facility is apparently fairly new and décor is modern, bright and pleasant. Check-in was smooth, efficient and according to reservation requests. Location is just minutes from DFW but is a bit tricky to navigate. If you are not driving, I would suggest taking the hotel shuttle which was VERY dependable and the drivers VERY knowledgeable....especially with regard to restaurants, directions, etc.
Rooms are spacious. We were told the beds would adjust to firmness preference but neither bed in our room would adjust.
Fitness room was clean and satisfactorily equipped....pool looked nice.
On the downside, the $15 + dollars for a taste of some server attitude, a glass of wine and a vodka cocktail seemed a bit steep... that along with the $9.95 for my breakfast of cereal, fruit and yogurt will likely encourage me next time to check out the Holiday Inn Express right next door!!?? A previous stay at the nearby Embassy Suites also provided the above mentioned items as complimentary amenities at the same room rate but was not available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgeTX
Monica T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding our property. We are fortunate to be located near DFW Airport and many dining options along with having onsite dining. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your stay, as this is not our standard of service. I hope we get the opportunity to host your stay the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Everything was great! They booked my room at same rate as Expedia since they never received Expedias confirmation. Awesome hotel, room, bistro, everything! Staff was excellent! The room was awesome!!!

Room Tip: we got 2nd floor. View was of the roof. No big deal for us, but some might like a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited this hotel while in town for a college graduation. The location was convenient and the hotel was clean and quiet. Parking was easily accessible. The staff was quite friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Monica T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate your feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to accommodate you if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very nice, super clean, great food. Adjustable firmness in the beds. Highly recommend. Big bathrooms. Classy place. Made my stay away from home very comfortable. Shutte can take you anywhere for free. I was very happy with every aspect of the entire hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Diana D

Thank you for sharing your experience. We truly appreciate you and your kind words. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

At check-in I was charged for my room that was already paid for 2 weeks in advance. The girl at the desk told me she needed to swipe my card for "incidentals"...it took 5 days before the money was put back in my account and then they wanted to blame the bank for not releasing the hold that never should have been placed!! For the price you pay for the rooms you might as well stay somewhere cheaper!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frieda C

We're very sorry about the billing discrepancy you encountered after check-out and regret any inconvenience this caused you. We've passed on your feedback to our front office team to help us improve our processes. We hope to have you return and experience the level of service you deserve.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I thought the hotel was very well run, and very appealing visualy in addition to being operated by an efficient and helpful staff. Can be fairly pricy depending on the rate at the time. But overall an excellent destination for the tasteful busniness traveler.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven R

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate your kind words about our property. I hope we get the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future.