“great food/great show”

Texas Star Dinner Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience an award winning Wild West Murder Mystery Dinner Theater production at the Texas Star Dinner Theater in downtown historical Grapevine, Texas - conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth. Every Friday & Saturday. Tickets are $59.95 + tax and includes dinner & the show! Parking is free.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was such an entertaining show! The cast is funny, and very obviously talented. The food was exceptional as well!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were given this as an anniversary gift and it delivered. The food was excellent and the performance was non stop laughs with some very hidden clues given that is suppose to help you solve the murder. Since this is a Texas theater, you would expect the menu to have a barbecue selection and choices for kids. I saw many plates removed by the wait staff in which the food had not been touched where kids were sitting. Other than that, the venue is well worth the money and my wife and I will definitely be recommending this to our friends as well as attending another show one day soon.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TXStarDinnerTheater, Manager at Texas Star Dinner Theater, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are so excited that we were able to make your anniversary special!

Often we have guests ask, "Is your show appropriate for children?" While some of our shows are family friendly, our scripts are not written for children's entertainment, which is why there is not a separate children's menu/pricing. But we find that the kiddos do enjoy a good chicken friend steak and chocolate mousse for dessert!

Thank you for your very helpful review, and we hope to see you back at the theater soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Extraordinary fun for all of us! Wasn't expecting a good meal when I was told to select"chicken, steak or fish," when ordering our tickets. But this was no airline meal! It was really, really good. and the deserts (we tried all three) were also fantastic.

Celebrating my Mom's birthday, 9 friends and family joined us. We were laughing until tears rolled from our eyes. From start to finish, this production is entertaining, hilarious, thought provoking and simply the most fun I've ever had in Grapevine. In fact, I can't recall a better evening ever...seriously. It was that great.

Kid friendly but still adult fun. The perfect balance of theater, comedy and food. Congratulations Texas Star Dinner Theater! There's nothing else that even comes close...

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I had heard of murder mystery dinners. I always thought they were hokey and really never had a desire to attend. My small office selected this venue for a company dinner. I had a blast. It was very fun & entertaining. The food was good, they kept the beverages flowing. ... The actors even found a cute way to incorporate cell phones into the old timey act. My advice is turn off your phone during performance. It's called professional etiquette. :-) This would be a great place to take out of town guests!!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Let me start by saying dinner was great. The play was hilarious. My laughter was non stop. Portions of the play was not rehearsed, like when I sneezed they added it to the script. Costumes was fabulous. I recommend everyone visit the theater.