“Great Quality Tamales”

Tommy Tamale
Ranked #10 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Driven by this place several times and finally decided to walk in. The inside does not really reflect the outside, very clean and well organized, but small with a lot of Salsa, Chips and other pickled/jarred items. but we were there for the Tamales. The Staff was very helpful and friendly, recommended the Buffalo Tamales, we took an order of 3 and purchased a half dozen chicken Tamales to take home.
We were given best cooking options and instructions, for frozen tamales we put them in boiled water (still in package) for 20 minutes.
In short, great quality tamales, flavor was not overpowering and did not leave bad aftertaste.
Well worth our money, we will be back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

These are the best. Great to have in the freezer for a quick go to meal. They have a huge variety and my family has loved them all. So if you love tamales go check them out and get a few varieties and enjoy.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My daughter and I stopped in after a shopping trip, starving for a quick bite to eat. I'd remembered reading about it in one of Grapevine's papers so decided to try it. Were we ever glad we did! My daughter got frozen ones for her family's supper and we split a half dozen warm beef ones to eat as soon as we got home along with little cups of salsa. I live only a few blocks away, so I'll be going back to try other tamales! Such a warm and friendly lady serving us, not pushy at all and willing to explain how much heat is each of the spicy tamales and sauces. Thanks for coming to Grapevine!

1  Thank Shirley S
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This store offers a wide variety of lard free tamales. They also sell hot sauces. While there is no dining here, you can get warm tamales and head to a picnic area of a nearby lake!

1  Thank Trish L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband is from San Antonio, TX. When we moved to Grapevine, he had a craving for tamales and we ran across this little shop on Hwy 26.

My husband bought 2 dozen tamales. He said they tasted just okay and that they were a little pricey to say they were low in meat content.

1  Thank KWCCareerCoaching