“Good Pizza Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 234 Restaurants in Grapevine
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We start with fresh dough, made from scratch everyday. Then we add a layer of tangy tomato sauce made from the finest quality tomatoes and our special blend of herbs and spices. Next, we cover your pizza with a generous portion of creamy, 100% real mozzarella cheese. Finally, we pile on your favorite fresh vegetable and meat toppings. It is then bakes to a golden perfection and served to your table in our beautiful dining-room or delivered to your door. At Palio's Grapevine we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. With the highest quality ingredients, fresh and flavorful meats and vegetables our pizzas are custom made to suit your palate. At Palio's we don't just offer pizza. We also offer great authentic Italian pastas, salads, calzones and side dishes. Remember that Palio's is a BYOB establishment. So come on in with your favorite bottle of wine tonight!
Dallas, TX
“Good Pizza Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Palio's Pizza has a good variety of pizzas along with wheat crusts if desired and a good variety of fresh salads. It is BYOB, which we enjoy. A big inside dining room with a nice patio for when the temperature is cooler.
Went with a Groupon which helps keep the cost down.

Their manager could keep an eye on the tables that need to be cleaned and bussed.

Overall, it is a very pleasant place to enjoy a pizza at a restaurant rather than at home. Although they do deliver as well.

• Visited August 2013

Colleyville, Texas
“Hot,dirty,poor service with Soggy Pizza!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Wow, what an experience. Went with the family on Friday @ 6pm. New facility, nice atmosphere with outdoor patio seating. We sat at a booth inside - it was filthy and took some time before anyone came to clean it. The west facing wall of the restaurant is floor to ceiling windows - great for light- bad for summer sun/heat. It was easily 80 degrees around our table area. When I asked 2 different people to lower the air - response was, it wont get any cooler because of "the ovens". Really??!! Your a PIZZA place AND have an entire wall of westerly facing windows. Didnt anybody consider this when installing the undersized air conditioning system??!! Behind the counter, it looked like a bunch of high school kids in mass confusion. When our pizza finally came, half of it, the crust was disgustingly soogy/uncooked. Our waiter, Sedrick, in the midst of what seemed like total confusion going on with the staff, had a great attitude and immediately apologized and put in an order for a replacement. We got it to go - it was too hot to sit there when our air conditioning at home was working fine. When I asked to see the manager, Sedrick went to find him, only to come back as the designated impromptu manager (another example of the confusion going on). He again apologized for our experience- thumbs up for him personally, thumbs down for the rest of the service and cleanlinest. The take out pizza was very average- thin crust, minimal sauce- not my kind of pizza, and pricey for what it is. Many better choices in the area. The bright spot - it is BYOB.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
PaliosKelsey, Manager at Palio's Pizza Grapevine, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
My name is Kelsey, I am the Regional Manager for Palio's Pizza Cafe-Grapevine. I am terribly sorry to read about what a poor experience you had my Grapevine restaurant. While I can offer no explanation for the state of the restaurant in terms of dirty tables, I have spoken with all staff, not only the ones who worked on Friday night, and have expressed how important a clean restaurant is. The dining area is one of the first impressions a customer has when entering a restaurant & of course, a dirty restaurant & no one cleaning those dirty tables is a terrible first impression.

Also mentioned, was a pizza that came out soggy and inedible. Once again, this is not something that is even remotely standard for my restaurant. We are well known for our thin, crispy crust and while we do use fresh cut vegetables and meats on our pizzas which have a tendency to be higher in water/juice content than frozen or previously cooked meats/veggies, there is no reason for your pizza to have come out in such poor shape. I am happy that you were at least given a replacement pizza, and I believe there is a credit on your account for a free pizza upon your next visit, as well, in hopes that you will give us an opportunity to show you that what you experienced on Friday was not standard.

I never like to make excuses for a poor customer experience but I do hope that you will indulge me as I attempt to offer some insight on the heat problem you mentioned, as well as the confusion amongst the staff you observed. Normally, the temperature in the restaurant is no where near the uncomfortable 80 degrees you had to sit through. Usually we have our large oven in the restaurant running, our shades pulled down and the AC set a comfortable 73 degrees. On that particular evening, Friday, July 26th, Palio's Grapevine was participating in a fundraiser for a charity foundation at the Gaylord Texan called the WHO Foundation. We were receiving mass orders of anywhere from 75-100 large pizzas every hour, because of the large business we were receiving from the foundation and a Friday night at 6pm being of our busiest hours of the week for dine-in business, as well, we ran an extra oven so that we could meet the high demands, and customers wouldn't be waiting half an hour just for a pizza. It was the heat from the second oven that raised the temperature to the uncomfortable level you experienced. What I am trying to say, is that the temperature problem on that night, is no where near the norm for my restaurant. We pride ourselves on being a comfortable restaurant, where customers can come to relax, not sweat.

As for the observed confusion amongst the staff you witnessed, this can be somewhat attributed to the large orders coming in to be delivered from the Gaylord Texan, as well as a dine-in party of 40 from the Gaylord. I was there myself and was, for the better part of the evening, directing traffic, and keeping orders and staff organized. I am very happy to hear that Cedric took such great care of you and want to assure you that he is not an 'impromptu manager.' He is actually a manager at my Denton location and was working at Grapevine that evening to help with the large amount of business we were expecting/experiencing. He came to me after you requested to speak to a manager, made me aware of the situation at hand, and actually told me that he felt more comfortable speaking with you, helping you & seeing what we could do to help turn the experience form negative to positive since he had been helping/serving you throughout your visit.

All in all, I can assure you that this negative experience is not standard for this restaurant. Outstanding customer service and a great customer experience has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
“Fun and close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We found this place driving by the house. Nice atmosphere, good food and love that it's close and good smiling faces

Coppell, Texas
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

There are plenty of pizza joints, including Dominoes, who serve better pizza. The house salad was OK, but the pizza was at best "OK".

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Grapevine, Texas
“Yummy Pizza & Gluten Free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Palio's is our go-to spot, especially for a big crowd. My husband needs Gluten-free, and Palio's has a terrific gluten-free crust. In fact if it didn't cost extra, I'd order them all that way.
If you can't decide on toppings, they're happy to let you do half & half... we like half Greek, half Supreme.
It's also a great spot for a romantic date night on the patio.
Keep in mind that all Palio's are not the same. The one in Grapevine is the only one we've found that offers the gluten-free crust in an extra-large size. And if you see a Groupon, nab it! We always do!

• Visited June 2013