“Don't let the bed bugs bite”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Stayed in room #1111 for three nights. Began to see red bumps on my upper torso. Went to the doctor straight from the airport and the doctor diagnosed me with bed bugs. I was given a prescription cream and was rid of them overnight.

The Assistant Front Clerk assured me they never have had a report of bed bugs before, which I find hard to believe given the statistics reported about the bed bugs. It has been three days (and counting) and Embassy has NOT responded back to me about the critters as they stated. I feel they were disingenuous in their commitments to address the problem with me.

This was my first trip from my home is over four months.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank rsnitzer
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay we wanted to make sure that our reports were final and we have provide and extensive inspection with our company we use for normal routine maintenance and it has been shown that there was no such thing as “bed bugs” in the suite. We tried to contact you back but the number you provide us was incorrect. We do apologize as if you feel that you had gotten them from your stay with our hotel but we have a professional report stating that it was negative. Thanks again for choosing our AAA Four Diamond hotel for your recent stay in Grapevine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Was at a conference for 4 days and hotel staff was excellent. The food was superb both breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner. Staff accommodated my dietary needs and went overboard to seek me out to offer me their latest! Only downside is that apart from the stunning Bass Pro Outdoor World, there is nothing walking distance from there. You can use the free shuttle from the airport or go to Grapevine Mills but those are rather infrequent. Taxis are pretty expensive so it makes sense to rent a car if you want to explore the area at all. Eg: Lake Grapevine, Gaylord hotel etc.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your positive response!! Positive responses like these are what keep us going and we will be sharing this with the team! Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!! We do have a new menu that has been added in our restaurant so the next time you come out to visit you should be seeing some new selections.

Reviewed 17 March 2011

This is by far the best ES I've stayed in. It's a 4-star hotel. The decor fits with the 'outdoor' theme, being next to Bass Pro. It was busy, but quiet. Lots of elevators that worked and room for breakfast and the evening reception. I had a great suite, with a room that for the first time actually felt like a bedroom rather than a hotel room. There is a great sports bar in the hotel as well. I really liked the individual check-in desks, which seem to be a trend now. My only problem was the shuttle, and it wasn't the hotel's fault. When I called from the DFW airport, the phone system was terrible. Better to just call the hotel directly when you get there to have them pick you up. Great stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 December 2010

We were in the Metroplex for a gymnastics meet being held in De Soto but chose to spend the 1st night near shopping/dining that interested us. When we first pulled up the valet people were very nice and offered to keep our keys while we checked in (didn't use their services). Managed to get there during the free drinks/appetizer offer which was kind of nice after being on the road and driving through traffic. Made our way to our room 10th floor, very nice rooms. The rooms offered lots of space but did notice that the beds are doubles, not queens, not a problem though. We did have an issue with the toilet backing up once but with one phone call maintenance came and the issue was resolved. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Drink stations could be laid out a little better but otherwise, got plenty to eat. If you walked away hungry it's no one's fault but your own. The cooks were very attentive and the food was very good.
The hotel is connected to Bass Pro Shop which was an added plus. All in all we would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cal2net

Reviewed 16 October 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights I found that the room was very dark I had problems with no phone in the living room area it did not work, The TV in the Master bedroom was not working when I arrived. The Bathtub would not drain I had to call for guest services three times during my stay to have it unclogged. They finally fixed it on the last night I was there. To top it all off during the Breakfast Buffet the main Chef or cook a little Mexican man was very very rude and he was texting on his phone each morning even when they where busy. I slept in late on Monday Morning and arrived at the grill at 8:55 am The chef told me that they where closed and when I asked him to make an exception he just totally ignored me and continued about his closing down refuse to please me. I will be putting this review in Yelp, Trip adviser, and my other reviews I will not stay here again. To top it all off I stay in the Penthouse on the 12th floor.If your looking for a very nice Hotel choose the Town place Suites in Los Colinas or Embassy Suites on Hwy 75 both are much better than this Place

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2010

I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 5 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. We take the reviews of our guests very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure those. I apologize again as our culinary team should understand a proper way to handle your situation. Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me personally for any future stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

Went down to Texas in June...and yes I know its suppose to be hot in Texas but not in the room! Sleeping room was quite warm the entire trip. Thankfully, we had taken a small fan with us which helped. Hotel was nice with outdoor theme. Hotel being connected to Outdoor World would make any outdoors man happy! Happy hour was nice and busy. Very busy hotel but never heard anything in the room. On the 12th floor however. There was a convention going on in between different room and never was a bother. Very convenient to shopping and dining. Can also see the fireworks, that overlooked the river, from the hotel down the road the road. Our room had a balcony which was unexpected!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 August 2010

Stayed here for the 3rd time within 5 years. Just had a great time. Everything was great. Took advantage of the manager's reception. After it was over, we took the hotel shuttle over to the mall. They dropped us off, and told us they would pick us up at 9:20pm. We were there at 9:19, and stood there for 30 seconds, and here comes the shuttle! Right on time.

Breakfast was great too. They have a made to order breakfast, and they have just about anything else you can imagine for breakfast.

The room was fantastic. 2 flat screen tvs. Wife and I watched what we wanted, and kids got to see what they wanted.

We were within walking distance to several eating places too, so we ended up walking to a bbq place to eat dinner. We didn't end up swimming or using the exercise room. We intended on doing both, but ran out of time.

I can't think of any negatives about this hotel. Our bill was under the door in the morning, it was what they told us it would be. We left the room keys in the room, and left. We were very sad to leave.! My wife and kids were begging to stay another night!

There is alot of construction on the highway's, but that is no fault of the hotel at all. When its all finished, it will be even better!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010