“Great service, complimentary perks, and so much more . . .”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two days when we took our two grandchildren (3 and 5) to the Dallas Zoo. I always like Embassy Suites because there is always ample room for us and the kids to all stay comfortably. The rooms are large and offer privacy plus more than one television and also some kitchen appliances. The breakfast cooked to order, inside pool and evening beverages are also great reasons to stay here. We had never stayed at this hotel but the staff was great, they sent us complimentary fruit and ice each evening, and let us get a late checkout on our last day so the kids could swim one more time. The rate was excellent too! The airport is a little close but we were upgraded to the top floor so that was probably the reason we noticed some flights but was not too loud. Overall this was a great trip and staying here made it comfortable, felt safe with the kids and was enjoyed by us all.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dfoxsk
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Be warned, there are huge cockroaches climbing the walls in this "nice" hotel. My daughter and I stayed here this past weekend and after unpacking and preparing for sleep I noticed a HUGE roach on the ceiling above the sink/coffee pot area in the living room. This was no ordinary little roach, nor was it a big "water bug", it was brown and it was a roach and it was half the size of my palm! After having a teenager yell and jump up on the couch in the corner I called management for someone to come kill this bug. Nothing happened with my first call so about 10 minutes later the stand off between us and this roach continued. We were afraid it would drop down onto our bags or on the brown carpet and we would never know where it went. After the second call to management a very nice maintenance worker arrived with a can of Raid and gloves. He climbed on chair and sprayed huge roach and it dropped to floor and scampered under the refrigerator. Maintenance man pulled out refrigerator and cabinets and did not find the WORLDS LARGEST ROACH. He even commented on the size.

I asked him to please leave the can of Raid. At this point I could have had a fit and demanded another room or my money returned but it was 10 pm, poor planning meant I knew for a fact after 5 hotels called, there were no more available hotel rooms near where we wanted to be. So..... no problem with roaches again, however, for this much money, one remote didn't work, there was no air circulating from bedroom where thermostat was located into living area of suite, so the smell was of mold with no fresh air. Saturday afternoon around 4pm, upon arriving back at hotel, our room had not been cleaned. I had to call to get that done. I understand the hotel was full but if you have that many rooms, you should staff accordingly or not fill up every room!

It gets better........or worse.........on Sunday morning about 6:30 I have to go to the restroom, you guess it, the worlds absolute biggest roach was waiting on the wall by the toilet!! I kid you not it was the size of the palm of my hand. It's little antenna thingy was moving as was the little wing things on it's back like it was going to pounce. It was awful and I was pissed and needed to go to the bathroom. I found the can Raid, sprayed it, it fell onto the tile, i had no shoes on so I put the trashcan on it. OMG, I expected the trashcan to raise up. I called hotel manager at this time and told him how unacceptable this was, how this was the Grandfather of all roaches and he remembered me calling on Friday. He paused as if he expected me to say something else or as if he didn't know what to say. I told him I wasn't looking for my money back nor was I wanting a discount, I was just packing up and leaving at that moment. He finally stated that that had an exterminator planned to come to hotel next week.

Do not go to this hotel, please. I am contacting Marriot.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Slr46
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for those problems and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 8 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. Occasionally we encounter difficult situations such as the “roaches” which are in fact water bugs or aka Palmetto bugs and unfortunately are pretty common in Texas. They do get big and are not caused by a cleanliness issue. My staff and management again thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

Stayed in room #1111 for three nights. Began to see red bumps on my upper torso. Went to the doctor straight from the airport and the doctor diagnosed me with bed bugs. I was given a prescription cream and was rid of them overnight.

The Assistant Front Clerk assured me they never have had a report of bed bugs before, which I find hard to believe given the statistics reported about the bed bugs. It has been three days (and counting) and Embassy has NOT responded back to me about the critters as they stated. I feel they were disingenuous in their commitments to address the problem with me.

This was my first trip from my home is over four months.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank rsnitzer

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay we wanted to make sure that our reports were final and we have provide and extensive inspection with our company we use for normal routine maintenance and it has been shown that there was no such thing as “bed bugs” in the suite. We tried to contact you back but the number you provide us was incorrect. We do apologize as if you feel that you had gotten them from your stay with our hotel but we have a professional report stating that it was negative. Thanks again for choosing our AAA Four Diamond hotel for your recent stay in Grapevine.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Was at a conference for 4 days and hotel staff was excellent. The food was superb both breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner. Staff accommodated my dietary needs and went overboard to seek me out to offer me their latest! Only downside is that apart from the stunning Bass Pro Outdoor World, there is nothing walking distance from there. You can use the free shuttle from the airport or go to Grapevine Mills but those are rather infrequent. Taxis are pretty expensive so it makes sense to rent a car if you want to explore the area at all. Eg: Lake Grapevine, Gaylord hotel etc.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your positive response!! Positive responses like these are what keep us going and we will be sharing this with the team! Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!! We do have a new menu that has been added in our restaurant so the next time you come out to visit you should be seeing some new selections.

Reviewed 17 March 2011

This is by far the best ES I've stayed in. It's a 4-star hotel. The decor fits with the 'outdoor' theme, being next to Bass Pro. It was busy, but quiet. Lots of elevators that worked and room for breakfast and the evening reception. I had a great suite, with a room that for the first time actually felt like a bedroom rather than a hotel room. There is a great sports bar in the hotel as well. I really liked the individual check-in desks, which seem to be a trend now. My only problem was the shuttle, and it wasn't the hotel's fault. When I called from the DFW airport, the phone system was terrible. Better to just call the hotel directly when you get there to have them pick you up. Great stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 December 2010

We were in the Metroplex for a gymnastics meet being held in De Soto but chose to spend the 1st night near shopping/dining that interested us. When we first pulled up the valet people were very nice and offered to keep our keys while we checked in (didn't use their services). Managed to get there during the free drinks/appetizer offer which was kind of nice after being on the road and driving through traffic. Made our way to our room 10th floor, very nice rooms. The rooms offered lots of space but did notice that the beds are doubles, not queens, not a problem though. We did have an issue with the toilet backing up once but with one phone call maintenance came and the issue was resolved. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Drink stations could be laid out a little better but otherwise, got plenty to eat. If you walked away hungry it's no one's fault but your own. The cooks were very attentive and the food was very good.
The hotel is connected to Bass Pro Shop which was an added plus. All in all we would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cal2net

Reviewed 16 October 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights I found that the room was very dark I had problems with no phone in the living room area it did not work, The TV in the Master bedroom was not working when I arrived. The Bathtub would not drain I had to call for guest services three times during my stay to have it unclogged. They finally fixed it on the last night I was there. To top it all off during the Breakfast Buffet the main Chef or cook a little Mexican man was very very rude and he was texting on his phone each morning even when they where busy. I slept in late on Monday Morning and arrived at the grill at 8:55 am The chef told me that they where closed and when I asked him to make an exception he just totally ignored me and continued about his closing down refuse to please me. I will be putting this review in Yelp, Trip adviser, and my other reviews I will not stay here again. To top it all off I stay in the Penthouse on the 12th floor.If your looking for a very nice Hotel choose the Town place Suites in Los Colinas or Embassy Suites on Hwy 75 both are much better than this Place

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2010

I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 5 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. We take the reviews of our guests very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure those. I apologize again as our culinary team should understand a proper way to handle your situation. Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me personally for any future stay.