“Great room, wonderful staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Minneapolis, MN
“Great room, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I recently stayed for a week for a conference. The staff was very curteous and helpful when they picked me up at the airport, I was checked in very quickly given useful information about the hotel and the area.

The room was huge, there was a large living room with a sitting area, desk with several chairs and a large flat screen tv. There is small kitchenette with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, assortment of teas, etc. The bathroom was large and stocked with soaps, lotions, shampoo, and anything else you needed. Razors, tooth paste, etc were available upon request from the front desk. The bedroom was huge, two beds, a small vanity, night stand, dresser, and another large flat screen tv.

The staff for our conference was great. When a problem would arise they would resolve it quickly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Monica H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate tremendously your post regarding your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad to see that we met and exceeded your expectations for great service.

Hotel Senior Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Very unfriendly and not helpful staff upon arrival. It started with doorman who did not smile or seem happy to greet me. Then I checked in only to receive a handicapped room ( I am very fortunate not to be handicapped, however, I grew up with a mother who was, so I do not enjoy staying in this type of room ) , I asked to move to another room which was supposed to be a suite with a balcony. The front desk guy tried to switch me to a much lesser quality room with no balcony, double beds instead of king. I went back downstairs AGAIN and spoke to the front desk manager who was also NOT friendly and acted like this was a big chore to her. I proceeded to haul my things up to another room which ended up being what I thought I was getting from the beginning. This hotel has twelve floors so I went up and down three times in order to finally get a room that was acceptible to me. Then I came downstairs before I left for the day and asked for a safe deposit box since I discovered that this overpriced room did not have one. The same front desk guy who had moved me to the lesser room did not have the keys to enter the room where the boxes were, so he went in the office to get them. I stood there for quite some time and another woman kept making excuses for where he was! I finally told her I was leaving and to forgot it. Also, the room furniture is old and ugly with dark cabin/forest theme which seems inappropriate considering this is a Dallas suburb, not Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The balcony was nice, however, This hotel also has an evening reception and cooked to order breakfast. The evening reception which I told would have appetizers consisted of pretzels and peanuts, very disappointing...The breakfast was much better. The lobby is pretty with waterfalls and streams. But overall it is the people who all seem unhappy at this place and the rooms are very overpriced for the quality.

Room Tip: not sure...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Doxieboy
Monica H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests.

We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 12 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to experience. Occasionally we encounter difficult situations that cause for us to provide with a different room type than the one requested during the initial reservation. I believe that this was the case with the issue you encountered. We take the requests of room type of all of our guests very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure those. At times these policies need to be adjusted to fit the situation such as a sold out hotel of a particular room type and I’m certain that was the case with your request. I’m sorry the room type offered was not what you expected.

Your feedback regarding your perception of unfriendly staff, looking and acting as they were unhappy to work at our hotel was shared with the entire staff as a learning curve and to make corrective actions. We were all unpleasantly surprised as on many previous surveys, friendliness of staff is one of our most commented assets!

Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are perfect with the extra living space outside of the bedroom and the price makes it so much better too! The staff is very friendly and the free breakfast was really good also.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours enables us to share our successes and learning curves with the hotel staff.

If your future travels bring you back to the Grapevine area, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are at your service!

Yours in Hospitality,

Senior Management Staff
Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I wanted to like this Embassy Suites...I really did, but I just couldn't. The lobby is very charming and has the nice Embassy Suites dramatic interior....very pretty. Other than that, it's not much to write home about. My first day I wandered over to the Outdoor World, which was very impressive. Within 5 minutes of my entering there, I was called over by someone who engaged in a conversation with me (I just thought it was a friendly Texan - hey, it's my first visit to Texas)...within 2 minutes he was trying to talk me into buying a timeshare. Not what I was looking for! I had lunch at the Sports restaurant in the hotel and the quesadillas were ok. I had room service twice during my stay and as expected - way overpriced. I had wings, a couple of beers and a dessert for $43! Be careful - they add gratuity onto the room service charges. The other room service order was just as much and included a salad for dinner. I would have ventured out, but was sick during my stay.

The room is dated...large, but dated and showing it's age. Also, I noticed that there is a leak in my window. There's a puddle of water on the windowsill They were sold out of kings so I had to get 2 double beds. Good thing - because one of the beds has old, worn sheets on it and was lumpy. I also found some stray "hairs" on that bed. The other bed is just fine. I noticed on the sides of the end table that there is some kind of stain. Not sure what that could be, but I probably don't want to know.

Last, but not least, I called the front desk to ask a question and was transferred around like 3 times. I called back again and was hung up on. Not sure what is going on there. I did receive good service at the Starbucks station and at the breakfast station. The women at the breakfast bar were so helpful! Although the food at the breakfast was not good at all. Potatoes and biscuits were hard as a rock. Eggs were dry. The fruit was good, but that was it.

I'm staying at another Embassy Suites in a couple of weeks and hope to get back to the Embassy Suites I know and love. This one was just blah.

2 Thank tbanana
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate tremendously your post regarding your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that status for the past 12 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. I’m however saddened to learn that this wasn’t the case during your stay; that someone, not a staff member of the hotel had approached you, trying to sell you a timeshare. I’m embarrassed to say the least.

As far as our room service prices; I can assure you we are very comparable or lesser than other properties. Indeed, all hotels charge room services menus higher that your typical restaurant sit-down service.

I’ve also shared your comments with our executive housekeeper regarding what it seem long strings of hair in the sheets and shared with our chief engineer about what looked like stains on the end table; was re-assured that the stains were an unfortunate paint stained used to recondition our wooden furniture. Also made aware our Executive Chef that you encountered the breakfast items overcooked.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Premier operation.
The Channel 70 cameraman had a super critical video part shipped to the hotel. ES received the package and got it us in short order. Routine for them, but very important to us.

The only nit is the hotel is a bit too kid friendly. Their noise seems to penetrate every room. Maybe it was just this trip.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

beautiful room, wonderful breakfast!! We did the Grapevine wine tour package. Lots of fun

Room Tip: worth the extra money for a balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. We always strive for perfection and it seems we achieve that and more during your stay.

tyler. texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

this hotel is priced right and breakfast is included with the room. the breakfast is great- omelettes, pancakes and anything else you want. they have a nice indoor pool and a small arcade for the kids. they also have a nightly managers reception with complimentary drinks and snacks. this hotel is right next door to the bass pro shop and just down the street from the grapevine mills mall. the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate you for taking the time to post your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours is shared with the entire hotel staff as a way to learn of what our guests deserve.

We hope to see you soon!