“Second time around, just as nice!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
College Station, Texas
“Second time around, just as nice!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I had a good experience here once again this year. Was with a big meeting and the catering for the buffet meals was simply amazing food (too much, but very good quality). I enjoyed the large suite-style rooms and found it very clean and comfortable. The construction between DFW and hotel is a pain with detours so lucky I wasn't driving.

All in all, a very good Embassy Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
Long Sault, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

After 8 years of staying here for up to three weeks at a time, several times a year, based on my most recent stay at this hotel I will not return.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member I have always chosen Hilton for my stays in the DFW area, particularly this hotel. This time, upon arrival on Sunday, I was checked into the corner suite that I had reserved and, after having dinner at Uncle Buck's returned to find, as expected, my selected in room amenities, the ice bucket filled and turn down service having been completed (I say as expected due to numerous past experiences at this hotel). This is where the service degraded significantly.

Upon returning to the room I unwrapped one of the paper coffee cups to use as a water glass and continued to use it Monday morning. Upon returning to the hotel that evening I found that the coffee had been removed with no replacement and, the ice that had been put in the room the night before was now just water in the bottom of the ice bucket bag. I did not consider it to be an issue at this time as I assumed that it would be replaced with the evening turn down service and went to dinner. Upon returning to the room later that night, around 9pm, I discovered that the water had not been removed from the bucket, the cup had not been replace and there had been nothing done to the room. I then opened the other coffee cup and used that for Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Upon returning to the room Tuesday evening I found that, again the cup had been removed and not replaced and the water was still in the ice bucket.

Finally on Wednesday, i received two new coffee cups and the water had been removed and a new ice bag put in place.

Thursday, after being out all day I returned to find that my room had not been serviced at all.

Friday, the same thing, no service, no new towels, nothing.

Friday night, a dinner for a large conference was held in the atrium, where the manager's reception is usually held. This left approximately 20 seats for the other guests of the hotel. This would normally have been fine except for the fact that the attendees of the conference felt that it was their right, even though the rest of the atrium had been reserved for them, to sit in the remaining seats, drink at the manager's reception and eat the provided snacks.

That was the final straw for this hotel for me. They obviously value their conference attendee's over their guests and have absolutely no idea how to treat their returning Diamond members.

I will also mention that at no point during my stay was the 'Do Not Disturb' sign put in the door earlier than 9:30pm and was removed by 7:00am every day that I was there.

I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jetman28
mt. pleasant tx
Reviewed 21 February 2013

furniture in room looked like it came from a garage sale. had definitely seen better days. requested upgrade but was unavailable. room quality not worth the money. expected nicer. convenience to airport good. breakfast good. must have been 4 kids for every 1 adult! pretty noisey. staff ok

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
1 Thank claudia b
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Room was clean and comfortable.My experience with the shower was wonderful,but,no fan in the bathroom. All the extras requested were there upon arrival,except,the upgrade to a room with a balcony was not given due to no availability. The room used for our company event was spacious,but,the dancefloor was hardly big enough for the close to 1,000 people that RSVP'ed. The hors'deurves were fine,but,not a great selection for those with diabetes. The staff was friendly and helpful, not snooty or stiff. Complimentary breakfast was very good and the setting was very nice,as well. My only complaint was trying to get everything to my table before my made to order eggs and buffet bacon got cold.All in all a pleasant stay and great location.I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic,therefore,less noise from other guests and less noise from the outsi...
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The rooms are clean and the staff at the desk were very helpful. I liked the bar also in the actual hotel, was nice.. We ate at Uncle bucks, which is connected to the hotel, pretty good. little high priced but nice equivlent to Outback if you ask me.. Small fitness center but had what you needed, best part of this place is the rooms, clean and comfortable i must say... I liked it and will stay again when I go on business in Coppel again... Suggestions to eat, Love and war in texas located across the street in the mall area, was great food and live music.. Also a great barbecue place called Hard 8, take out or eat in, worth going really was super TASTY!!

Room Tip: Have breakfast you are paying for it anyway!
1 Thank HOBGOBBLER
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for three nights while attending a conference. Overall, this is a decent place but the sum of the minor issues wouldn’t convince me to stay here again, although I would still recommend it if you needed a quick place to stay in this area.

Staff: The front desk team was efficient. Nothing extraordinary in the way of service but certainly professional. The staff in the conference area was nice. I liked the guy in the restaurant at the carving station at lunch…he was awesome.

Facilities: The place needs some updating. It’s clean and looks nice on the surface but look closer and some of the furniture is a bit worn, carpets a little faded in spots and things just showing some normal wear and tear. My room was very dark. That’s partly the way the hotel is designed but also because numerous lightbulbs were burnt out. The lamp by the bed was missing the knob to turn it on and off (the screw part was there but the plastic covering was gone). Beds felt very cheap…super soft and you could feel the springs. My room was very clean as was the hotel in general.

The gym was well equipped but they kept it way too warm. It was warm when you walked in and then once you exercised for five minutes you felt like you were in the rainforest. I heard several people complain about that.

Food at the buffet was subpar. Eggs were a mystery and bacon was limp and greasy. Coffee was very good, though. Fruit was tasty.

If you shower in the morning, be prepared for lukewarm water. Everyone at my conference had the same experience. When I showered after the gym in the afternoon, there was plenty of hot water. I think it’s just a capacity issue if they’re full.

Highlights: The pool looked nice. But my card key would never open the door (nor would it open for my co-workers) so I couldn’t get in and I didn’t feel like searching for someone to let me in. There is a free shuttle to the airport and they’ll take you other local places.

Areas for improvement: Do a maintenance checklist on rooms. Bulk up your hot water heater. Turn down the heat in the gym. Fix the card key thing to the pool.

Location: Well, you’re pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There’s a Bass Pro Shop (huge) attached to the hotel and Grapevine Mills Outlets are right there.

Overall impression: I know I’ve listed a lot of little things. But they add up, and I’m sorry, it’s not my job to provide a punch list to maintenance for things to fix. If it’s one or two items, I’ll make a call but when it gets to be a long list, that tells me that things are slipping.

2 Thank Watthree
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for our daughter's wedding in Grapevine. There were 15 of us staying for 3 to 5 days. We all enjoyed the breakfast and evening goodies, the location of the hotel in regards to the Mills Mall and other restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends