“Good hotel with area attractions”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times in the past and will do so again if the opportunity presents itself. Staff at this hotel is great and takes care of your needs with a smile. There were some group meetings going on during this stay but they did not cause us any problems. There are several area attractions that make this a good hotel for us, including the enclosed walkway to the Outdoor World - Bass Pro shop. Great complimentary breakfast from the buffet or cooked to order.
The price of the room is a little high, and you have a charge for internet service unless you are a Hilton Gold member. Even with a good signal could not get my wifi card to work in the room - no problem outside the hotel - makes you wonder.
However all that being said we will gladly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I liked this hotel, but felt the cost/night was high. It is in a good location and the staff is very good. The food in the restaurant was good and breakfast was also very good. I just felt the price/night was high.

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I traveled to this ES last weekend with my daughter and we were extremely pleased with the service and attentiveness of the staff. I am HHonors Gold, and felt that this property more than lives up to its great reputation and place in the Hilton portfolio. The front desk staff was wonderful, and every staff member we encountered was pleasant. We found the breakfast to be more than adequate, and the spacious lobby is just fabulous. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 12th Floor provide the best views! Any corner room is wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AMCCMC
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I had a good experience here once again this year. Was with a big meeting and the catering for the buffet meals was simply amazing food (too much, but very good quality). I enjoyed the large suite-style rooms and found it very clean and comfortable. The construction between DFW and hotel is a pain with detours so lucky I wasn't driving.

All in all, a very good Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

After 8 years of staying here for up to three weeks at a time, several times a year, based on my most recent stay at this hotel I will not return.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member I have always chosen Hilton for my stays in the DFW area, particularly this hotel. This time, upon arrival on Sunday, I was checked into the corner suite that I had reserved and, after having dinner at Uncle Buck's returned to find, as expected, my selected in room amenities, the ice bucket filled and turn down service having been completed (I say as expected due to numerous past experiences at this hotel). This is where the service degraded significantly.

Upon returning to the room I unwrapped one of the paper coffee cups to use as a water glass and continued to use it Monday morning. Upon returning to the hotel that evening I found that the coffee had been removed with no replacement and, the ice that had been put in the room the night before was now just water in the bottom of the ice bucket bag. I did not consider it to be an issue at this time as I assumed that it would be replaced with the evening turn down service and went to dinner. Upon returning to the room later that night, around 9pm, I discovered that the water had not been removed from the bucket, the cup had not been replace and there had been nothing done to the room. I then opened the other coffee cup and used that for Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Upon returning to the room Tuesday evening I found that, again the cup had been removed and not replaced and the water was still in the ice bucket.

Finally on Wednesday, i received two new coffee cups and the water had been removed and a new ice bag put in place.

Thursday, after being out all day I returned to find that my room had not been serviced at all.

Friday, the same thing, no service, no new towels, nothing.

Friday night, a dinner for a large conference was held in the atrium, where the manager's reception is usually held. This left approximately 20 seats for the other guests of the hotel. This would normally have been fine except for the fact that the attendees of the conference felt that it was their right, even though the rest of the atrium had been reserved for them, to sit in the remaining seats, drink at the manager's reception and eat the provided snacks.

That was the final straw for this hotel for me. They obviously value their conference attendee's over their guests and have absolutely no idea how to treat their returning Diamond members.

I will also mention that at no point during my stay was the 'Do Not Disturb' sign put in the door earlier than 9:30pm and was removed by 7:00am every day that I was there.

I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jetman28
Reviewed 21 February 2013

furniture in room looked like it came from a garage sale. had definitely seen better days. requested upgrade but was unavailable. room quality not worth the money. expected nicer. convenience to airport good. breakfast good. must have been 4 kids for every 1 adult! pretty noisey. staff ok

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
1  Thank claudia b
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Room was clean and comfortable.My experience with the shower was wonderful,but,no fan in the bathroom. All the extras requested were there upon arrival,except,the upgrade to a room with a balcony was not given due to no availability. The room used for our company event was spacious,but,the dancefloor was hardly big enough for the close to 1,000 people that RSVP'ed. The hors'deurves were fine,but,not a great selection for those with diabetes. The staff was friendly and helpful, not snooty or stiff. Complimentary breakfast was very good and the setting was very nice,as well. My only complaint was trying to get everything to my table before my made to order eggs and buffet bacon got cold.All in all a pleasant stay and great location.I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic,therefore,less noise from other guests and less noise from the outsi...