“Superior service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Atlanta, Georgia
“Superior service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

On February 22 and 23, my 3 siblings and I stayed at this hotel 2 nights for a first time reunion with our adopted sister whom we had just found living in the Dallas area (after 50 years!). We flew into DFW from 4 different states, each of our flights arriving within an hour of each other. This hotel was recommended by our new sister, and knowing the quality of Embassy Suites, I eagerly agreed we should book 2 rooms there. We needed connecting rooms because the 4 of us hadn't seen each other since our mother's death AND we were all very anxious about meeting our new sister. We needed to be close to each other, but of course, the 4 of us didn't want to be TOO close by staying in just one room. The gentleman checking us in worked EXTREMELY hard to accommodate us - and he did a fabulous job. Thanks to this gentleman's efforts (I wish I had his name), we had a wonderful trip reuniting with each other and meeting our adopted sister for the first time. The time spent at this hotel was family time at it's best! I give this hotel 5 stars (and more) for their amazing customer service. Everything about this hotel was fabulous and top notch. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel is very close to the airport and has a free shuttle service to and from DFW airport. My husband had business meetings here. It is well outside of downtown Dallas, you will need a car if you want to go there to sight see or for museums. The hotel appeared fairly new, was very clean. Had a good full breakfast and a happy hour each evening. The hotel is attached with an indoor walkway to a Bass Pro Shop, that also has a restaurant located within the store. There is a local shuttle to the "historic Grapevine" area. The cost of the shuttle is $5 for a whole day, with on and off at different stops. It also goes to the Grapevine Outlet Mall, which is not really an outlet, but a few outlet stores and other shops. Also an Aquarium and Legoland which I did not go to.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and conventions were going on, still had no trouble with the elevators. Mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Frankston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times in the past and will do so again if the opportunity presents itself. Staff at this hotel is great and takes care of your needs with a smile. There were some group meetings going on during this stay but they did not cause us any problems. There are several area attractions that make this a good hotel for us, including the enclosed walkway to the Outdoor World - Bass Pro shop. Great complimentary breakfast from the buffet or cooked to order.
The price of the room is a little high, and you have a charge for internet service unless you are a Hilton Gold member. Even with a good signal could not get my wifi card to work in the room - no problem outside the hotel - makes you wonder.
However all that being said we will gladly stay here again in the future.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I liked this hotel, but felt the cost/night was high. It is in a good location and the staff is very good. The food in the restaurant was good and breakfast was also very good. I just felt the price/night was high.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott B
Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I traveled to this ES last weekend with my daughter and we were extremely pleased with the service and attentiveness of the staff. I am HHonors Gold, and felt that this property more than lives up to its great reputation and place in the Hilton portfolio. The front desk staff was wonderful, and every staff member we encountered was pleasant. We found the breakfast to be more than adequate, and the spacious lobby is just fabulous. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 12th Floor provide the best views! Any corner room is wonderful.
1 Thank AMCCMC
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I had a good experience here once again this year. Was with a big meeting and the catering for the buffet meals was simply amazing food (too much, but very good quality). I enjoyed the large suite-style rooms and found it very clean and comfortable. The construction between DFW and hotel is a pain with detours so lucky I wasn't driving.

All in all, a very good Embassy Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Long Sault, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

After 8 years of staying here for up to three weeks at a time, several times a year, based on my most recent stay at this hotel I will not return.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member I have always chosen Hilton for my stays in the DFW area, particularly this hotel. This time, upon arrival on Sunday, I was checked into the corner suite that I had reserved and, after having dinner at Uncle Buck's returned to find, as expected, my selected in room amenities, the ice bucket filled and turn down service having been completed (I say as expected due to numerous past experiences at this hotel). This is where the service degraded significantly.

Upon returning to the room I unwrapped one of the paper coffee cups to use as a water glass and continued to use it Monday morning. Upon returning to the hotel that evening I found that the coffee had been removed with no replacement and, the ice that had been put in the room the night before was now just water in the bottom of the ice bucket bag. I did not consider it to be an issue at this time as I assumed that it would be replaced with the evening turn down service and went to dinner. Upon returning to the room later that night, around 9pm, I discovered that the water had not been removed from the bucket, the cup had not been replace and there had been nothing done to the room. I then opened the other coffee cup and used that for Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Upon returning to the room Tuesday evening I found that, again the cup had been removed and not replaced and the water was still in the ice bucket.

Finally on Wednesday, i received two new coffee cups and the water had been removed and a new ice bag put in place.

Thursday, after being out all day I returned to find that my room had not been serviced at all.

Friday, the same thing, no service, no new towels, nothing.

Friday night, a dinner for a large conference was held in the atrium, where the manager's reception is usually held. This left approximately 20 seats for the other guests of the hotel. This would normally have been fine except for the fact that the attendees of the conference felt that it was their right, even though the rest of the atrium had been reserved for them, to sit in the remaining seats, drink at the manager's reception and eat the provided snacks.

That was the final straw for this hotel for me. They obviously value their conference attendee's over their guests and have absolutely no idea how to treat their returning Diamond members.

I will also mention that at no point during my stay was the 'Do Not Disturb' sign put in the door earlier than 9:30pm and was removed by 7:00am every day that I was there.

I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business