“Excellent Service/Breakfast”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
hereandthere
“Excellent Service/Breakfast”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I will have to jump on the "bandwagon" with others that stated how good the cook to order complimentary breakfast was!! The line cooks were super quick and did their thing perfectly even with large crowds. I stayed here on business and was not disappointed at all with the accommodations. The room I stayed in was dark and had an unflattering view of the rooftop with all the vents but oh well, I should of changed rooms to one of the upper levels. The centralized multi-elevator made a quick job of getting me up and down and didn't have to wait long which was nice. They have a lot of function rooms and probably have events going on at this place constantly but surprisingly it wasn't that loud. I guess the only suggestion I would have for this location is to brighten up the rooms with some new updated décor and paint schemes and change out the old mattresses because they have old stains on the actual sides of the mattresses (both beds), how does that even happen? Also, this place is a bit pricey; $239 a night for a room? Anyways, great location, great staff!!! I'd stay here again, without question.

Room Tip: Upper floors opposite the elevators I'd imagine are a better choice!! Don't miss the breakfa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great place to stay. Indoor pool, very clean and tremendous breakfast. Would certainly stay there again, highly recommend!! Very close to the airport as well as Grapevine Mills and of course Bass Pro shops.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Embassy Suites is an excellent choice when traveling to the Grapevine area. Nice, accommodating staff and really nice rooms. Very close to airport. Shuttle service easy to access. Easy access to shopping and right next door to Bass Pro Shop.

Bridgeport, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here Saturday night November 9th, 2013. The room was ok, but no king beds available, so stayed in two double beds. The place was very crowded, which I suppose you could argue shows they are popular due to their location. The hotel is connected to the Bass Pro shop and a good restaurant, so you can walk from the hotel down a hall to these locations. Also, Grapevine Mills mall is only a block or two away.
They have a pool and hot tub--though it was packed with kids.
The hotel charges a $50 incidentals fee, which they said will be credited back after 48 hours.
The hotel restaurant is reasonably priced and includes about a dozen large TV's with sports channels.
If you are going to the airport, it is close, but not noisy from over flying planes.
My only issue was it was dirty. The carpet was dirty, i found junk on the floor, and the bathroom was fairly dirty.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness. We were on the 11th floor and it was very quiet. They have four elevators...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Various visits over the past 6+ years to the embassy suites and feel it needs to raise its game! changed bed due to bites! As was with the sofa in room,1106,when mentioned on day 3 of 5 was greeted with what I felt was apathy, charging for wifi even as a HH member is a joke , even the best western didn't charge me that, breakfast good but looks tired,a positive would be the bar staff very professional( remembering names and drinks little touch but appreciated ).Starbucks on site?unless you leave after 0800 not much point closed very day why advertise it. Location is good but lots of other choices in the area maybe worth a look until they sort their house out.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank COJET
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I attended a business conference at the Embassy Suites and was offered a better rate on a hotel room since the since the conference was located at the hotel. The conference room was below freezing! The rooms are nice and the hotel itself is beautiful. For all the avid coffee drinkers, be warned...the coffee in-room leaves a lot to be desired and the Starbucks downstairs is only open during certain hours. Since I was here on business and studying for two exams, I could have used some better coffee! I ordered in one night from Palio's Pizza as a recommendation from one of the hotel staff members and it was amazing! Overall, great experience and I'd probably stay here again.

1 Thank Laura P
Dalls, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was placed in the handicapped-accessible room and not advised of that (I am not disabled). While this was an inconvenience, it was not my only issue with my room. The bathroom had a constant leak leading to a daily flood. The windows had spider webs and flies in all the corners. And that was after it was supposedly cleaned. I don't think making the bed and restocking the shampoo bottles constitutes "cleaning" but apparently it does at this hotel. When I complained at checkout about the quality of the room, I was expecting at least an offer of some type of compensation--but the woman checking me out acted like it was not a big deal. This was my first stay at an Embassy Suites, and will definitely be my last.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Meaghan P
Joshua G, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Meaghan,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the comfort and appointment of your guestroom was of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.