“2nd floor as good as Penthouse! :)”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for a 2nd time and loved it! The breakfast was great and the complimentary drinks in the afternoon were very relaxing and enjoyable. The appetizers served were actually light snacks like trail mix and nut mixes. They even had a superhero themed weekend and Frozen playing in the lobby for the kids. We will def be back again. The only flaw on this visit was that our ac stopped working in the middle of the night. Being woke up 2 nights in a row because you are hot, is not that enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel has all the right amenities, and a wonderful staff. It is our favorite hotel to stay for a getaway. They have a great location. Love Embassy Suites, and we stay with them when we travel, and can do so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We spent a week at this beautiful hotel. We were given a view of Grapevine lake, which I think is the best view. The suite was very comfortable with the exception of the pull-out sofa bed. My son slept on it one night and then went to his cousin's to sleep on the floor, which he found more comfortable. I can't understand why an all-suite hotels would not invest in proper sleeper sofas.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and Happy Hour were more than adequate. Starbucks in the lobby was a great addition because neither the coffee in the room nor at the breakfast buffet was drinkable. Great indoor swimming pool and fitness center. Excellent location--right off the freeway that goes in every direction, and only minuted from DFW Airport.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is definitely a "top tier" hotel. It is not one I would often stay at because it it would normally also be extravagent for my needs, but I stayed there for a seminar, where the "block" rates were only slightly higher than what I would normally pay for a business travel hotel near DFW.

The rooms are suites with separate "living" areas, but a refrigerator is also provided.
The hotel shuttle was fast and efficient.
The cooked to order breakfast was included and excellent.
Internet was included and fast.
Bass Pro (and Uncle Buck's Restaurant) is next door. There are several options in walking distance.
Manager's reception was excellent and even provided "Premium" complementary beer (Ziegenbach).
Romms were clean, quiet, and well aportioned.
Staff was very professional, and helpful.
Check in and out was very fast even though they were busy.

My only nit was I had to unplug the alarm clock to use my CPAP (not uncommon that I have to unplug something). Otherwise, there were plenty of available power plugs for my other needs.

I got stuck in an unbelievably long wait for food at a nearby restaurant at lunch, and was very late for my checkout. I called from the restaurant, and the hotel was very accomodating and extended my checkout time.

There is a big-screen monitor near the entry way, where one can find out which terminal and gate they need to go to by airline and destination. Some airlines (American for example) operate out of more than one terminal at DFW.

Overall, this is an outstanding place to stay. For me, it was also an exceptional value at the seminar "block rate."

I have stayed in many Hilton owned properties around the world, from Hampton Inns to Conrads and Waldorfs. This is definitely among the best of them from my experience.

Room Tip: My room was on the 10th floor. The hotel is built around a huge central atrium. The elevators are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked a Saturday night stay at the Embassy Suites Outdoor World in May for a girls weekend. Reservations were quick and easy, booked directly through Embassy Suites. We were even able to request the type of room and extra bedding we needed, as there were 6 of us staying. Hotel was located right off the highway in Grapevine, close to food and Grapevine Mills mall as well as other local venues. Parking and check in was easy. Our room was spacious with a living room separated from the bedroom by the bathroom. There were "welcome snacks" in the fridge (apples, peanut butter and water bottles). Bedding was comfy and bathroom was clean. We didn't get a chance to attend, but there was a welcome reception in the evening with cocktails. A full breakfast was offered downstairs in the morning, everything from cereal and fruit to cooked to order eggs and pastries. Checkout was automatically updated, and we were on our way. As a side note, we booked this hotel because it was one of the hotels that The Grapevine Wine Tours picked up from, and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family of 5 stayed here for 4 nights. Hotel needs a little updating but the outstanding customer service we received totally made up for that. I hope that if you ever get to visit, you have the privilege of being served by Teric at the front desk. We really wanted a 2-room guest suite but apparantly it wasn't available when we checked in. However, Teric worked a miracle and we were able to be moved into one on the second night. Each time we entered and exited the hotel, he always greeted us by name and with a smile. Will definitely stary here again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed at this property many times. The rooms are spacious, the linens generous, the staff exquisite. My question to the manager if this property is: will you never set your wifi in step with the times? I stay at your hotel for strictly business purposes and find your wireless facilities to be among the most lacking in the industry.

That said, my stay was otherwise pleasant

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business