“Nice place for corporate travel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Traveling for business at Christmas time. The hotel was decorated with lovely holiday decorations, and the snack/drink reception at happy hour was quite nice. Overall, the quality of the room met my expectations - it was clean, decor was good, more than enough towels. I had specifically asked for a quiet room away from the elevator and that had a better view than the parking lot. The desk clerk checking me in assured me he had just the right room for me, have me the room key and sent me off with a smile and the generous tip I had just given him still in his hand. When I got to the room, I flung open the drapes and was blinded by the spotlight attached to the rooftop of the lower floors shining directly into my window. Seriously? A rooftop and a spotlight is a better view than the parking lot? I had to leave the drapes closed the entire time I was there because the light was always on. When I called down to the front desk and asked him about it, he laughed and said he gave me a room with a view of the lake. I asked what lake and he said the one behind the other building. Super unprofessional. My company used this hotel for a lot of corporate travel, but we have since stopped using them because this seemed to be the general tone of the staff. It's too bad because the hotel has the potential to be great but the staff just isn't helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We only stayed 2 nights, but it was wonderful Beautiful suites, great breakfast buffet with omelet bar and then free happy hour from 5:30-7pm every night. Great stay... The lake was close and the mall was even closer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Joshua G, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for such a great review. I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed so much about your stay! We do hope to have you back again soon, and we'd be happy to give you a ride to that mall and back.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

we stay at this hotel in same room and something is always wrong in this room. presidantal suite called william d tate suite. bad room they downgraded us to a smaller room not happy. please consider going someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 500pattib

I'm sorry that you've had multiple bad experiences at our hotel. I can assure you that we do have a team of people here that care and do their best to create a great environment for our guests to experience. Our Presidential Suite it one of a kind and enjoyed regularly and it was certainly unfortunate that it had to be placed out of order for repairs that evening and I apologize again that this had to occur during your weekend away from home.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel has really gone downhill since we stayed here five years ago. The pool was freezing and green and murky (I have a pool, so I know what it should look like). The laundry room smelled TERRIBLE and looked even worse. The machines were broken and filthy, and the dryers were vented into each other so the clothes never got dry. Our clothes smelled so bad after going through the wash that we had to take them down the road to a laundromat instead. Our room and furniture smelled like dirty feet, and the pull out sofa bed was 1) covered in food and pubic hairs and 2) mattress was broken (permanently creased, springs jutting up) and unusable. We had to go next door to Bass Pro Shop and buy two air mattresses for our kids to sleep on. We stayed nine nights and our room was only serviced half of those. We got calls at 7:00 PM asking if we wanted service at that time. Well, no, I don't want service at the END of the day when I'm ready for bed. We stayed on the Premium floor for the sole purpose of having access to snacks for the kids. The website specified healthy snacks such as fruit and yogurt would be available, but when we got was a BROKEN free vending machine full of candy and soda. So we paid an extra $10 a day for the Premium floor for healthy snacks we didn't get. Granted, one could call down to the desk and someone would bring the candy and soda to the room since the complementary machine was broken, but that is not exactly convenient, and candy and soda are not fruit and yogurt. Also, I can't believe that we are charged $10 a day for wifi. That is absurd! Who charges guests for that?! We tried to find other accommodations during our stay, but were unable to do so. Otherwise we definitely would have left. I hate leaving a bad review, but the experience was not good.

1  Thank Natalie H

As the Assistant General Manager of the hotel I would like to sincerely apologize for poor stay you experienced. I can assure you that we talk and teach daily the importance of Making it Right for our guests and team members alike and I'm sorry this did not happen for you as you certainly deserve to receive a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I do hope that your experience here will not keep you from enjoying the Embassy Suites brand of hotels in your travels and we would certainly appreciate the opportunity to show you what a great hotel experience we can offer if you decide to return.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We "upgraded " to the 11th floor with the added "free snacks/ non alcoholic drinks" for $28 extra only to be told the machine was broken and had yo call each time to maybe get 50% of what the kids wanted. The room was spacious however the A/C was broken, toilet lose and never fixed, window with lake view dirty and only one of the two TV's had full cable. The smoke alarm chirped incessantly and I had to call 4 times!!! Let me also add- I found a bug in the bathroom and the food and drinks were horrible !! We made the best of it and statue to treat the children to the 4th of July fireworks on the lake. They offered to give us our night for free but, even with that it was a hot uncomfortable night with the maintenance man showing up MID Fireworks show flipping on the lights blaring the TV still not fixing the problem- walls are paper thin with the family next door certainly exceeding the number of occupants and all night door slamming--- ask me again why I booked this? Hilton Honors! Let's see if that manager really gives me those points she promised now?? Disappointed

Room Tip: Go to the Gaylord spend the extra money!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your holiday weekend. I do apologize that things did not go as well for you as they should have. We are continually working to improve on our guest service especially and I can assure you we will be reviewing these comments again with our engineering team in regard to the response they provided. Please do let us know if you do not receive your Hhonors points so that we may follow up with their offices.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

When we travel we almost always stay at an embassy suites. We arrived on a Sunday and it was not too busy. The lady at the front desk didn't realize we were Hilton Honors members and hurriedly gave us our keys, seemed like she was In a hurry... Not sure why, the hotel didn't seem not very busy. Later when I came down a very nice lady gave us our Hilton Honors bag and some extras for the kids, ( our maybe for our troubles) Our room was on the 11th floor and it came with complementary snacks, but the snack machine was broken and we had to keep calling down to the front desk for what ever we wanted, drinks snacks ect. The service was very slow at first. The rooms need to be updated but were very clean. I would stay here again. I've stayed here and the service is usually on point, but not on this visit.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Hhonors traveler. We do appreciate you choosing to stay with us and with Embassy Suites as you travel the country. I'm glad to see that one of our Front Desk Team Members fixed things for you quickly and I thank you for your understanding and patience during your stay. We have had our premium floor credenza repaired and it is working great now, but please know at any Embassy Suites the Front Desk team will be happy to bring you those amenities as well at any time. We hope to see you again if you have the chance to visit the DFW area again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff was incredibly helpful and kind and the food was great. My sinuses didn't agree with the smell of the room cleaner they use and it made me stuffed up and I sneezed a lot when I was in there. Everything else was fantastic and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Joshua G, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for review. I'm very glad you enjoyed the overall stay and thank you for your compliments for the team. We're always happy to make some modifications for you to make you more comfortable so at our hotel or any Embassy Suites just let us know if a particular cleaner is bothersome and we'd search for another.